When you work, do you buy or bring food? (1 Viewer)

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
i always wanna buy food but find that the portions are too big that they serve why can't they serve smaller meals! so yeah i just buy sushi most of the time or food from where i work.

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
i remember last time i brought a home-made sandwich (in a geeky lunchbox) to work, and sat in this little room at the back of the shop eating it. when my boss came in, he stared at me for like 5 mins, and went, "woah! TRIPLE DECKER TUNA WITH LETTUCE!" i was pretty embarrassed.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
most of the full timers bring their own things from home.. when i work a long shift with a half hour or hour break i tend to buy food there and make something as if i was bringing it from home.. like a couple of bread rolls, some tasty cheese and shaved chicken to make a sandwich.. works out cheaper than buying a sandwich
most of the time my breaks are 15 mins so if im hungry i get a finger bun.. or a banana.. or frozen yoghurt and eat it.. occasionally with a milkshake.. or just sit and drink water if im not hungry

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
mc donalds castle hill
i buy food as its 1/2 price..
but pay is low...
so yeah
bad...

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
I work in woop woop and there are no shops around, so I have no choice but to bring my own food. It's a pain in the ass but at least I save heaps of money :)

modelzsuck

Kylie
HSC
sugaryblue said:
i could've saved a lot more if I bring my own food instead of buying everytime, but i just CAN't resist!!

when you are working, do you get something from shops or just BYO?
I always buy food unless I have no money then I am forced to get free food from my parents fish and chip shop. I could save heaps of money if I took food to work but that would involve having to get up earlier and make something to take and Im too lazy. I need all the sleep I can get in the morning before I work so Im not shitty. Also Im afraid that if I made something to take and put it in the fridge someone might take it lol.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Most of the time I am not at work long enough to need to go and get lunch. But on Saturday I had a pretty full day and I bought lunch which cost me $6.50, not too bad considering I got $130 paid in cash for working.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i dont often work long enough 2 need 2 eat, so when i do have 2, i'll buy from work, and be really unhealthy (bad, naughty townie) and have like chips & milk. tho, i've decided sundried tomato and tuna can be nice 2. from now i'll prolly just go 2 the deli and get chicken wings

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
im un employed at the moment :(

but @ my old work...we used 2 b able 2 eat/drink whatever we wanted while we were working, but the novelty wore off junk food after awhile, so i start 2 bring my on (worked @ cinemas)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Sometimes when I am working in hospitality I can score some free food..... sometimes not.

I try and bring food with me whenever possible because the cost adds up so quickly, but some days I am just disorganized and end up buying my food.

At one place where I work there is only a Wendys and a Hungry Jacks nearby so that is added incentive to bring food with me due to the fact that I don't really like hungry jacks and at Wendys they only really have hot dogs lol. Hence I usually bring lunch because of the lack of variety.

Last year when I worked for Cirque du Soleil I always bought my food at work because we had a kitchen with a chef and everything and our meals were charged on weight..... I think it was $16 a kg lol. But the food was usually really good, plus there was a really social atmosphere. We could eat as much popcorn as we wanted for free though, but the novelty wore off that one quickly!

If I buy lunch I usually try to find something cheap.... sushi rolls are a fav of mine.

HSC
i just walk to rockdale plaza and get mcdonalds or ogalo's, most the time but im starting to bring food

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
I'm just working weekends at the moment, but over christmas I was spending about $10 per day and working 6 days a week... I knew how much that was costing but figured $10 for the money earnt (half of which disappeared in tax.. grr... can't wait till july!) in that day was doable.

However, now, I limit myself to $10 for the sat & sunday... give or take, anyway. It's good to get a coffee at about 3pm at the end of my lunchbreak; makes me happy again and the next 2 hours just fly..

I get my cash out from Woolworths, rather than the ATM: On the back of the receipts is, (more often than not) a 2-for-1 Shakespeare's Pies shop-a-docket deal thing... if you've got someone to have lunch with, means you get a reasonably filling pie for $2.50 each...

Reshie

LilRed Spikey Haired Man
HSC
if you guys go for uni or tafe..do u guys tend to spend soo much money on food???
cos i dont work but i seem to spend $4a day for 4 days which i could use the money for petrol or ciggies or alkeyhol...but does that happen??cos you see ur classmates having food or buying food and u buy food???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)