When you work, do you buy or bring food? (1 Viewer)

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
i could've saved a lot more if I bring my own food instead of buying everytime, but i just CAN't resist!!

when you are working, do you get something from shops or just BYO?

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
biggles04 said:
Where do you work?

When I worked in a food store, I bought almost every shift.

Now = Retail and ... Well, i still buy even though I can't afford to :p
I work at Airport and Hornsby

at the airport, i usually get like 10% off food. so usually i go to this Jap store that makes really good food! (best at the airport)
a paper rice roll will cost me around $2.70 + sometimes i get their tofu $1.80 (if they're not sold out)

or I'll get a subway cookie with the roll or I'll get subway, or if i really feel like junk, i'll go maccas or oportos :(

at Hornsby, i don't get any discount off food but i still buy anywayz :( it has become kinda like a habit now!
I like to get Pretzel sandwiches ($4.95)
or
Well Being sandwiches + smoothies ($4.95 kids size, or $9.45 normal size)
or the crepe shop where i used to work

so usually on average, i would've paid like $6 for food each day or more! arrgh since I am working two weeks full on straight, that would mean that i'm at least spending $42 each week ~eek~

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
i work in a supermarket, so i either buy my food from there, or from one of the take-away shops in the same lil' complex thing, or sometimes if i'm bored i'll walk down the road 2 minutes to maccas

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
biggles04 said:
26 fortnights x $42
= $1092/pa!!!
but that's coz i've been only working full on during christmas, normally, i have like a $40 food allowance to myself during uni whether i spend them on food or not so... $40 x 52 = $2000 something (oh shxt)

must add ~make bring my own food~ to my new year resolution list!

Miss_Mirage86

Full-Time Princess
HSC
worken at maccas you get half price on ur meal wen u work... and hek u cant resist it.

so i eat maccas maybe 3-4 times a week... mainly from the mccafe or salads plus coz my conscience wont allow nething else. haha.

dont want to work out how much that costs me all up.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
if i remember i take food from home...

but i estimate i spend $10 a week on food..thats just for my breaks at work...thats like $520...a year
which isnt that bad..but most of the food i buy is like a chocolate bar...or softdrink or more chocolate or lollies..
that i can do without...oh wellz

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
i buy, usually a salad from woolies or subway... or ill be really naughty and drive to kfc :)

but i dont work very often so it doesnt bother me

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
I always buy. If I am feeling cheap I will just buy a bread roll (a good cheap easy lunch), but normally I go all out.

Working @ Target Bondi, I don't know if you have been to the Harbour Room Food Court, but you cannot resist it ...

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
try not too but its hard when you work from 9 to 6 ..to not buy but i just bring a an apple or something in case i run out of money...
its bad enough having to pay for train fares and then food (which is such a rip off) on top of that is way too much all the time.!

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
i feel like a dork bringing my own lunch to work, so i always buy...but food really costs a lot! so i need to get over the dork feeling...:p

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i know what you mean about the dork feeling but it's so much cheaper. it's not worth your pay each day going to a meal. it all adds up.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
I always buy food and if I dont I just starve :p I would look like a dick eating home food at the erina fair atrium!

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
yeah i always buy from teh food court for lunch, though sometimes i just bring an apple or some kind of fruit from home. food court food gets really yukkkk after a while

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)