When does UNSW release their 2015 ATAR cut offs? Also, what are my chances? (1 Viewer)

CaptainPrice

HSC
My goal is B Science, which for 2014 required an 84. I received an ATAR of 80.15, but also have 5 subject bonus points with me.

Do I have a decent chance of getting in?

I'm worried if the cut off is going to increase, but the year before that, it was 84 as well.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The cut-offs will be released when the offers have been made as that determines the cut-offs.

kalstar

swag
HSC
Uni Grad
You should be able to get in with that. B Science has always been around that requirement.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
You should be fine and most likely should be able to get in, but have a backup plan just in case.

CaptainPrice

HSC
How about if I also have EAS as well (disadvantaged school)? That would be around 3 extra points, so I pretty much should be getting an offer easily, yes?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
How about if I also have EAS as well (disadvantaged school)? That would be around 3 extra points, so I pretty much should be getting an offer easily, yes?
Depends on the situation but I would think you should get in so long as the cut-off stays below 85.

Luckily EAS and HSC Plus are not mutual so that it's capped with 5 together. So if you have been deemed eligible you should be able to get a few EAS bonus points depending on the situation.

D94

HSC
N/A
You will know if you have received an offer or not before knowing the cutoffs. Universities offer a set number of spots and you are competing for that spot. The cutoff is then the ATAR of the student who received the last available offer.

It's impossible to tell whether you have made the cut. It's therefore best to have a contingency plan in the event you do not receive an offer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)