When do we have to select our subjects and how do we get our timetable (1 Viewer)

Kulazzi

HSC
hYperTrOphY said:
I cant decide whether to cram my timetable into 2 days, or spread it over 3-4. Any advice?
I dunno abt you, but I find that if I stay for too long at an educational institute (speaking from exp at school) then I lose memory concentration b/c I get really tired and stuff. So, if you can pay attention for long periods of time and work very well - then cram it over two days. Or, to make it more relaxing and laid out, then do over 3-4 days.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
IB6-UB9 said:
You mean your draft timetable, not an official one right? (like one that you're drawing at your house, not one on the uni webite).
Yep, I can't finalise it till tute reg

yeah Cape thats what I thought and since I'll be driving I could aways duck out for food or something

hYperTrOphY

HSC
Actually, I think it will be best to keep it at 2 days. If i want to spread it out, it has to be over 4 days and the only change would be that I do torts on Tuesdays and Fridays rather than on Mondays and Thursdays with the rest of my units. So really, it'd just mean I'm going to uni 2 extra days and only for one class. I could add a social science tute to Tues and Fri as well to make it more spread out and balanced, but that would mean on every day I would have to catch public transport between Parra and Penrith campuses.

This is what my 2 day timetable would looke like:

Monday

Intro to Law (Parra)
9 - 11

Torts Law (Parra)
11 - 1

Intro to Sociology (Penrith)
3 - 4

Intro to Sociology tutorial (Penrith)
4 - 6

Thursday

Intro to Law (Parra)
9 - 11

Torts Law (Parra)
11 - 1

Crime and Criminal Justice (Penrith)
4 - 5

Crime and Criminal Justice tutorial (Penrith)
5 - 7

It only works out to be 12 hrs p/week though - I thought it was going to be more like 16. I haven't missed something, have I?

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
look aight James :) I'm jealous yours is nice over two days...if I dont get the ones I wont it will be 4 days blah! Oh and if you dont want to those other units u enrolled in (the soc sci ones) and u want to do something else I think u can change them...

If you get those law times we'll be in the same class :D

butterflybird

HSC
Hmm I was just looking up the times and I have come across Law
What is with this seminar business? eg..

Seminar A
Seminar B

Seminar A
Seminar B

Seminar A
Seminar B

does this mean you have to pick one of any of the A's and one of any of the B's... or you pick like one from each pair... or something. Hmm someone who knows could you please enlighten me?

butterflybird

HSC
melsc said:
no you have to pick a pair unfortunately - its really annoying trying to get it all to fit in. Hope it all fits nicely for you :)
So you pick say the first group of As and Bs
OR
the second group of As and Bs
OR
the third group??

... curious... do they explain this somewhere? Coz the communications ones have a note explaining exactly what to choose but law doesn't have anything

L

LaraB

hYperTrOphY said:
Actually, I think it will be best to keep it at 2 days. If i want to spread it out, it has to be over 4 days and the only change would be that I do torts on Tuesdays and Fridays rather than on Mondays and Thursdays with the rest of my units. So really, it'd just mean I'm going to uni 2 extra days and only for one class. I could add a social science tute to Tues and Fri as well to make it more spread out and balanced, but that would mean on every day I would have to catch public transport between Parra and Penrith campuses.

This is what my 2 day timetable would looke like:

Monday

Intro to Law (Parra)
9 - 11

Torts Law (Parra)
11 - 1

Intro to Sociology (Penrith)
3 - 4

Intro to Sociology tutorial (Penrith)
4 - 6

Thursday

Intro to Law (Parra)
9 - 11

Torts Law (Parra)
11 - 1

Crime and Criminal Justice (Penrith)
4 - 5

Crime and Criminal Justice tutorial (Penrith)
5 - 7

It only works out to be 12 hrs p/week though - I thought it was going to be more like 16. I haven't missed something, have I?
lol just a warning - if you EVA whinge about your classes the only response you're gonna get is "shut up! you only have 2 days!" lol!:)

2 days is awesome! means you can actually plan stuff outside of uni no problems:) that's heaps good luck

L

LaraB

melsc said:
Question, is two hrs too long a break between classes? Is an hour better? I am just trying to finalise my timetable and I wonder will two hrs be too long or is it good to do some catch up readings etc
nah 2 hrs is perfect:) coz if it's only an hr, you'll eat and then do nothing but whinge you're bored lol... 2 hrs is good coz you can eat and get a little bit of law readings done (coz no one get sem all done at home coz they're long:p)...

any longer than 2 hrs though its the same as 1 hr - you don't do anything coz its too long

plus - if you have assignments due etc - having a 2 hr break gives you time to check through stuff and account for any disaster's like forgetting your asisgnment:p

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
this is going to sound ridiculous, but are we registering for the spring session as well when we do tute rego?

hYperTrOphY

HSC
LaraB said:
lol just a warning - if you EVA whinge about your classes the only response you're gonna get is "shut up! you only have 2 days!" lol!:)

2 days is awesome! means you can actually plan stuff outside of uni no problems:) that's heaps good luck
lol - okay, I'll be sure not to complain (at least publicly :p). I just hope it won't become too much per day.

What are the chances of not getting the seminars/tutes you want - or is it impossible to say?

hYperTrOphY

HSC
LaraB said:

lol - okay, I'll be sure not to complain (at least publicly :p). I just hope it won't become too much per day.

What are the chances of not getting the seminars/tutes you want - or is it impossible to say?

L

LaraB

hYperTrOphY said:

usually combined people won't have too many problems 1st year because they're all core units so they h ave to make sure there's enough places for everyone doing it in 1st year + peopole doing it as an elective and the like..

plus - as you register for one "school" at a time, you don't have as much to do as you have 2 law and 2 non law, everyone else has 4 which is why you normally don't get your desired spot in the last 1 or 2 that you do..

but since you only have 2 in each to do, sometimes not even that if you do a course that there's onlyy like, designated lectures and stuff, you shouldn't have any problems.

if you do though and you absolutely need a time coz of work or whatever - you just have to whinge to the unit coordinator. But they only accept really good reasons, not just "i don't wanna get up at 7" lol:p

L

LaraB

if you're having trouble figureing out your timetable - go to

uws site -- current students --- timetables --- select your school/s --- select your units --- view --- then up the top, under the the "home/ E-learning/library etc" part, there should be a smaller set of link names - click on "weekly planner view"

and it will show up all your units on a week timetable thingo - so you can easily see which ones clash:)

L

LaraB

melsc said:
^ ohy thanks Lara...grr I just realised that one of my soc sci units is from the psyc school so i have to do three tute reg. fun :(
but on the plus side, you probably won't miss the spots you want:) coz you'll only have to do one while everyone else is doing 4 at once:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)