What's your job and how much you earn? (2 Viewers)

fnkychk

HSC
N/A
been through a fair few pages but no person has mentioned about the pay at DICK SMITH.

so wat would the pay be for 18yr old casual/part time job?
A friend of mine works there who is 18, she earns about $12.80 an hour, and I'm pretty sure this is part time, not casual

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Generally, who earns more, a casual or a part-timer? (Presume they're the same age, working at the same place for the same amount of time.)

BlackDragon

HSC
same same really.

but i'll say part timer. most people are started off as casual and most people earn more the long they have been there.

Last edited:

Mumma

HSC
database bitch ... prepare data for telemarketers. Extract data, format in excel. Dead simple, dead boring, $20 p.h.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Jachie said:
Generally, who earns more, a casual or a part-timer? (Presume they're the same age, working at the same place for the same amount of time.)
Casuals generally earn a loading of 20% extra on top the of the regular wage in lieu of leaves and other benefits of perm part timers.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
Promotions Department of Small Company in Parra (Telemarketing and other related work)

$16/h

20 hours per week.

Perks: breaks even for a 4 hour shift, lollies and other incentives for reaching goals, small office with friendly environment.

Boring as all hell though.

Skeeta

HSC
Coffee Whore - Gloria Jean's

20 yrs old: $14.70 p/h + laundry allowance + Loading
Time and a half - Sundays
Double time - Public holidays

20-48 hrs p/week

Perks: Friendly, love heart coffees, good environment, close to home, flexible, sexy customers, yummy cakes

Downfalls: 9.30pm closes on friday and saturday night (Good for uni students as they can fit more hours in)
You permanently smell like coffee :shy:

L

LaraB

Private Clients Division Law Clerk - Large law firm in parramatta

Pay: $17.50/hr + super + bonuses + very generous xmas presents in the form of vouchers/money

Casual, 20 hours per week. I'm 20 yo

Pay is only average, but - it's way better working here on that pay than another firm on $23 an hour because there "perks" are awesome! - I got the job more or less on the basis that i'll be there until after i graduate uni as in through PLT and beyond; free help with uni stuff; free legal advice for just about anything; really nice workplace; friendly people; interesting work; full 4 week holiday even though I'm technically not meant to get any since i'm casual which is awesome :) ; free food and stuff most days; really flexible as far as my hours duing uni semester goes - i got to choose how many days a week i'd work and when they'd be etc; nearby home so i'm not spending as much on travel every day from home to work to uni so the lesser p/hr pay probably evens out; I'm very very strongly discouraged from doing any form of overtime or taking work home; if there's not much to do i go work for another department for a few hrs so there's a lot of variance/good exposure to different legal fields :)

HSC
Maccas bitch, 19 yo
$13.40/hr

goodies: staff seems friendly so far. food discount.
baddies: only getting one shift per week lately. annoying customers. bad environment

how long should i stay in order to get a reference? only been here for over a month.

L

LaraB

**freakstar87** said:
Maccas bitch, 19 yo
$13.40/hr

goodies: staff seems friendly so far. food discount.
baddies: only getting one shift per week lately. annoying customers. bad environment

how long should i stay in order to get a reference? only been here for over a month.
6 mths seems to be the usual... but depends on where you're going to from maccas... if you're going to another place in the hospitality industry, maybe only a couple of months...

j2i2z

HSC
DHL warehouse $24.15p/h. Sweetest pay ever, however ITS SO BORING!

HSC
j2i2z said:
DHL warehouse $24.15p/h. Sweetest pay ever, however ITS SO BORING!
damn, awesome pay.. isn't dhl some express letter company? what kinda work do you do?

tiffanyV

HSC
im 20 yrs working at Coles as Cashier for about 1 month already & receive a really good pay. On weekdays, my pay is $18.50/hour (after tax) and on weekends is: $25.00/hour (also ater tax)

j2i2z

HSC
yeh this courier company. i do data entry. like i said its so boring! but the money pulls u through in the end

fallen__angel

Nocturnal Member
HSC
Uni Grad
f** I get a shit pay and I work at Myer

17YO, christmas casual: $9.20/hr (b4 tax)
18YO, christmas casual: $11.05/hr (b4 tax)

and it's only on sundays that we get time and half. shit.
now I want a transfer to coles =P

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
fallen__angel said:
f** I get a shit pay and I work at Myer

17YO, christmas casual: $9.20/hr (b4 tax)
18YO, christmas casual: $11.05/hr (b4 tax)

and it's only on sundays that we get time and half. shit.
now I want a transfer to coles =P

wow they really screw over the xmas casuals eh?

you could've just gone back into the storeroom and take a nap whilst you search for a size 11 pair of JMs for some old dude

=D

fallen__angel

Nocturnal Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Bob.J said:
wow they really screw over the xmas casuals eh?

you could've just gone back into the storeroom and take a nap whilst you search for a size 11 pair of JMs for some old dude

=D
btw size numbers are even numbers lol or at least they are in my department (ladies fashion)

hayleyl

HSC
I work @ woolworths
Im 16
I get paid $9.15/h

They won't leave me alone these holidays :mad1:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)