What's your job and how much you earn? (2 Viewers)

kaitie

the evenstar
HSC
omg i do after school care stuff through a company and i get posted out to different schools..i get $40/hr..
maybe you should invest in something like that which pays a LOT better than $17.20-
i can give u the details if you're interested.

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
Wow thats amazing..
I'm rostered to work for 30.5 hours this week and when I'm only a casual/part-time crew.

Although originally it's only 2 shifts now I must take 5 shifts this week to pay for the freaking expensive uni books & notes. Especially the software book "Big Java Second Edition" ~$100 & maths notes $54.

Definitely not gonna do this again the following weeks, otherwise centrelink might go anal on me. I'm just gonna report to them this weeks hours and 3 weeks ago which i lost the payslip (now i found it) for I only worked for 5 hours then.

It's still a total of 35 hours in the fortnight and pulling up huge sums of money, I hope they'll understand the expense of my learning equipments. Anyways I still have like $5.6k on my Income Bank.

L

LaraB

AntiHyper said:
Wow thats amazing..
I'm rostered to work for 30.5 hours this week and when I'm only a casual/part-time crew.

Although originally it's only 2 shifts now I must take 5 shifts this week to pay for the freaking expensive uni books & notes. Especially the software book "Big Java Second Edition" ~$100 & maths notes $54.

Definitely not gonna do this again the following weeks, otherwise centrelink might go anal on me. I'm just gonna report to them this weeks hours and 3 weeks ago which i lost the payslip (now i found it) for I only worked for 5 hours then.

It's still a total of 35 hours in the fortnight and pulling up huge sums of money, I hope they'll understand the expense of my learning equipments. Anyways I still have like $5.6k on my Income Bank.

Admitting in her ethat you plan on bullshitting your pay to Centrelink may not be too smart... you never know, someone in here may work for them or just be bitchy and feel like mentioning it to someone involved with Centrelink lol...

And lol - don't complain about your books! that's cheap compared to a lot of courses! You're lucky!:)

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
No i'm not lying to centrelink! I haven't done a report on that work week (the one i lost the payslip), 3 weeks back but i did the 2 weeks back last friday. So it all evens out in the end... i hope :|

*Minka*

HSC
froggy_chik87 said:
i work at an after school care. I earn $17.20 an hr
Ohh how did you get into that? Sounds like fun actually!

chelzmalee

death by pastry
HSC
I work at IGA... I get $10.67/hr (at 17 yrs) but when I turn 18 that'll go up... I work about 30-35 hours a week.

vg_woz_here

HSC
i work at coles as a casual and i get 10 bux sumfin..which is pretty crappy considering how hard it is to be on the register...

froggy_chik87

HSC
kaitie said:
omg i do after school care stuff through a company and i get posted out to different schools..i get $40/hr..
maybe you should invest in something like that which pays a LOT better than $17.20-
i can give u the details if you're interested.

ohh...i'd be so interested in the details for tht company if your willing to give them out?

*Minka* said:
Ohh how did you get into that? Sounds like fun actually!
I got the job through a mate, its an awesome job and the kids are heaps kool!! If you want a job in tht industry keep an eye on careerone.com au or just go round the the schools in your local area ask if they do it, and ask if they know if they are looking for any staff currently? Probs the best way to do it...lol, or make friends with someone who works at an after school care!!

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I SO STILL CANT BELIEVE IT

i landed another reception job, with a small amount of telemarketing involved

$25 an hour.

I'm 18

I'M FUCKING DANCING.

Collin

HSC
N/A
That's teh orsum.. Im so jealous stef. *cries out loud*

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
I SO STILL CANT BELIEVE IT

i landed another reception job, with a small amount of telemarketing involved

$25 an hour.

I'm 18

I'M FUCKING DANCING.
It's telemarketing. Have fun.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
I would rather not work, then work for the crumbs of a huge organisation.
(If less people worked at minimum wage; these jobs would pay more....)

It's just sad when you see people from these boards... workign in places like these...

When I finally work, and get payed. I want to be helping people... At this moment in time I don't see how selling people Fatty - Foods which is detrimental to their health as helping people.

Hey! but atleast you can be proud to work in a corporation that makes you work for "peanuts" slaughters animals "inhumanely" and produces ad campaigns which targets kids! Yay! Also you are a factor in the unhealthyness epidemic too!

Take that $6 And buy yourself a T-Shirt that sais; "I'm not Stupid! Your R! (because it's trendy!)

Fucking Retards...

Skeeta

HSC
sam04u said:

It's just sad when you see people from these boards... workign in places like these...

When I finally work, and get payed. I want to be helping people... At this moment in time I don't see how selling people Fatty - Foods which is detrimental to their health as helping people.

Hey! but atleast you can be proud to work in a corporation that makes you work for "peanuts" slaughters animals "inhumanely" and produces ad campaigns which targets kids! Yay! Also you are a factor in the unhealthyness epidemic too!

Take that $6 And buy yourself a T-Shirt that sais; "I'm not Stupid! Your R! (because it's trendy!)

Fucking Retards...
Unfortunately not all of us have the luxury of not-working. I also would prefer to be helping people and get paid for it, but this is why i'm attending an $6-8 grand a year course at university so i can have the degree to do so. My parents support me however i need to keep my head above water and i do so by working a shitty old job.. if thats retarded to you then you need a reality check..

I'd really like to know how you support yourself, whether you've ever used any medication (which undoubtely has been tested on animals) and/or have ever eaten any food or any products which have been made by persons that work for minimum wage.. OR complain when the prices at ur supermarket go up because they are required to pay staff more

twit

*Minka*

HSC
sam04u said:

Fucking Retards...
Most of us wish we didn't have to work on shitholes like that too, but guess what, life sucks sometimes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)