What's your favourite childrens book? (1 Viewer)

miss_pie

HSC
Thomas the tank engine books! my dad used to read them with the voice of the narrator on the show.
and roald dahl... pretty much all of his childrens books.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
definately matilda...i was so obsessed about that book (i still read it!) that my teachers kept telling me to stop reading the same book and read the BFG instead!

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Sarah168
definately matilda...i was so obsessed about that book (i still read it!) that my teachers kept telling me to stop reading the same book and read the BFG instead!
The ABC showed a cartoon adaptation of the BFG -- mostly loyal to Quentin Blake's illustrations. It was the first movie i cried in. I was eight. What movie made you guys cry for the first time?

I'd read Roahl Dahl rather than Harry Potter any day :rolleyes:

Belle

You should be dancing
HSC
Probably Roald Dahl books, but I love this little book called Guess How Much I Love You. It's really sweet :)

olay

HSC
aww yeah guess how much i love you is uber sweet. :) i was reading this one the other day i forget what it was called, something like the cloud people??? quite funky artistically speaking. :) i loved the spot books :D and barbar cause of the illustrations. :p LoL and now, "oh the places you'll go" by Dr Seuss is one of my fave books ever. and i had a thing for this unknown random book called "Crusher's coming." :) no idea why but i LOVED it to bits. :) wish i owned it. LoL and yey for grug!! AND remember the selby books???? :S and babysitters club/goosebumps?? LOL

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Sarah168
actually i like harry potter too veanz
but if you had to choose between dahl and rowling, who would it be?

olay

HSC
hey guys whats that book with the letters inside and stuf and you get to open the envelopes and read the letters n stuf? was it postman pat?????

m1nx

HSC
Originally posted by veanz
but if you had to choose between dahl and rowling, who would it be?
Dahl for me, definitely. i remembered being absolutely mortified after reading the withces and always kept on the lookout for suss old women with blue tongues :p

I used to read so much as a kid~ dahl, blyton, the lion the witch and the wardrobe books! alice in wonderland, charlie and the chocolate factory, john mardsen (cool school or something? you know those ones with the "choose your own adventure" stories?) thunderwith by libby hathorn(?) was moving, i remember i cried in that one. far out brussel sprouts (+ co) was pretty amusing, and then you have the brilliant trashy ones like goosebumps, SVH!, the babysitters club ;) as for picture books, the velveteen rabbit BY FAR was my favorite. although you did have where's wally and animalia, and the very hungry caterpillar does come a close second ;)

just thinking about it all has made me very nostalgic..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)