What's your favourite childrens book? (1 Viewer)

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
I simply love going to the childrens section in the library or a bookshop and sitting there reminiscing with their books, diluting my cynicism for this adult world.

How can you not have fun while reading out loud with Dr Seuss?
Or cry at the end of 'The Giving Tree'?
Or not enjoy Roahl Dahl's wit and Quentin Blakes illustrations?

Has anyone read The Red Tree by Shaun Tan? His pictures are absolutely beautiful.

Actually its all beautiful. And pure contentment.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I had this book given to me when I was little and it was personalised. I loved it so much, I still do :D

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Loz#1
I had this book given to me when I was little and it was personalised. I loved it so much, I still do :D
The Red Tree you mean?

if so, whats your favourite picture? i like the ones with the accompanying words: 'wonderful things are passing you by" & 'sometimes you wait & wait & wait...'

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Nope, it was about a circus full of sad people because they couldn't find anywhere to have the circus and I had to help them. The giraffe was named after me but named Nerual.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I like Dr Seuss, still flick through it every few months. Nothing, however, beats GRUG. NOTHING!

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Lexicographer
I like Dr Seuss, still flick through it every few months. Nothing, however, beats GRUG. NOTHING!
hmm i only half agree with you...there is The Hungry Caterpiller, i love the illustrations and the holes....

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Probably a Roald Dahl novel, perhaps Matilda or The Witches. I never read much in the way of 'children's books' but Dahl and Seuss are indeed good. :)

Generator

HSC
N/A
The Faraway Tree books... Moonface was a legend.

clerisy

HSC
Originally posted by Generator
The Faraway Tree books... Moonface was a legend.

As cool as he was, Moonface could never measure up to the Saucepan Man.

Apart from the undeniably brilliant Enid Blyton, I was always a Roald Dahl girl-- the BFG was my favourite. I always hoped he'd come and take me away (he never did). And what about Narnia? What kind of person grows up without reading the complete chronicles of Narnia?

clerisy

HSC
By the way, I forgot to add-- I've read The Red Tree! I think its a book more for adults than it is for kids, though... nevertheless, it is beautiful.

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by clerisy
By the way, I forgot to add-- I've read The Red Tree! I think its a book more for adults than it is for kids, though... nevertheless, it is beautiful.
yeah the issues are pretty intense, but the pictures are great in the sense that u can stare at one for ages and let ur imagination run wild - perfect for any kiddie :) and for those at heart too :D

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
GRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUG

The Monster at the end of this book

Dr Seuss.

mayhemily

HSC
hehe its so hard to choose!
Enid Blyton got me through my whole childhood - Noddy then the Faraway tree then the famous five :)
And I had one of those personalised books too - mine was about an emu!

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Originally posted by veanz
hmm i only half agree with you...there is The Hungry Caterpiller, i love the illustrations and the holes....
Isn't it The Very Hungry Caterpillar? I loved that book.....and of course Where's Wally :)

MouNtY

nah my all time favourite when i was little was Clifford the big red dog. Those were how mad i used to read 'em ovaa and ova agn.

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
did you ever get a glimpse of Clifford cartoon series? :D

lolzieee

rOosters ^_-
children's books are the best! Famous Five & Harry Potter are my favourite (I like those books better than most "adult" books :p)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)