What's the workload at uni? (1 Viewer)

Gangstar1

HSC
What's the workKoad at uni?

imma interested in law but i heard there was a lot of stuff to learn so yer anyone got any general info about uni life?

Last edited:

thoth1

Banned
HSC
Re: What's the worload at uni?

wrong section lol. why wuld u not put this in the uni section.

Vidhya

HSC
Re: What's the worload at uni?

I thought you asked who was the warlord at uni.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
People say its WAY WAY WAY WAY worser than the HSC :)....

so yeah just expect the worst lol..

Gangstar1

HSC

lol imma going for the same course at the same uni as you... but i doubt i'll make it

enoilgam

HSC

The work itself is harder than the HSC, but the pressure is less in my opinion. In the HSC, you have to get the highest possible marks, whereas at university, although you want to get D's and HD's, you know that you really only need to pass. So that makes it easier in my opinion.

As for law, each different person has their own opinion on its difficulty. I dont think it is overtly difficult, but thats because law is building on the skills I learned in subjects like modern, legal, etc. Its mainly difficult for people who have maths/science backgrounds in high school, as they are overwhelmed by the sheer amount of writting in law. However, this is not always the case.

Gangstar1

HSC
The work itself is harder than the HSC, but the pressure is less in my opinion. In the HSC, you have to get the highest possible marks, whereas at university, although you want to get D's and HD's, you know that you really only need to pass. So that makes it easier in my opinion.

As for law, each different person has their own opinion on its difficulty. I dont think it is overtly difficult, but thats because law is building on the skills I learned in subjects like modern, legal, etc. Its mainly difficult for people who have maths/science backgrounds in high school, as they are overwhelmed by the sheer amount of writting in law. However, this is not always the case.
oh i heard you get essays due within the next day and assessments every week is that true?

Gangstar1

HSC
ohh so how many assessments are we looking at? 1 per week/fortnight?

Last edited:

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
ohh so how man assessments are we looking at? 1 per week/fortnight?
It's not standard.

You may do 3 big ones over the session, or 8 really small ones, for example. Or one major, and 2 little ones.

enoilgam

HSC
ohh so how many assessments are we looking at? 1 per week/fortnight?
It depends on the subject, as some have mid semester exams whilst others have assignments. Generally speaking, I reakon you will probably have an average of 2 assessments per term plus a final exam.

kfnmpah

HSC

With grammar like that, it will be difficult for you.

It's really not bad. I do a double degree and if you just go to lectures, go to tuts and do the homework you'll be sweet. They expect 10 hours of study per 10 unit subject. So, say you had a 2 hour lecture and a 2 hour tutorial, you're expected to put in 6 hours of study which really isn't that much.

That being said, if you have to work/support yourself/clean your own house/buy your own food/cook your own food/expect a social life, it can prove to be quite difficult at times (especially week 5 and exam period)

Also, this semester I'm only doing 3 subjects and it is a dream compared to 4 subjects. An absolute dream... aaaahhhhhhh :)

Gangstar1

HSC
It depends on the subject, as some have mid semester exams whilst others have assignments. Generally speaking, I reakon you will probably have an average of 2 assessments per term plus a final exam.
oh your talking about law right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)