• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

whats the most evil subject? (1 Viewer)

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
Edited my post, but English is still there to semi-balance the system.
It's there because it's the national language. Maths should be complusory too, it's ridiculous that it's not.

Edit: even without mass Asian immigration, it would still be compulsory. Stop crying false discrimination.

lolwth

Banned
HSC
No english is in there so you leave school with a grasp of the national language ffs

Finx

HSC
Edit: even without mass Asian immigration, it would still be compulsory. Stop crying false discrimination.
You can't deny the fact that the system would be unbalanced if English wasn't compulsory. I know this isn't the actual reason English is compulsory, but it comes with its benefits.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
You can't deny the fact that the system would be unbalanced if English wasn't compulsory. I know this isn't the actual reason English is compulsory, but it comes with its benefits.
Oh yeah, thank god, hahahahaha

I'm good at both, so all was well for me :)

lolwth

Banned
HSC
hahahah get over yourself chink

lychnobity

HSC
Just putting it out there, but...

Music 2.

You have to be analytical and creative at the same time. Be able to deconstruct chords and scores, notate music from simply listening to it, memorise a melody in 1 minute, performance assessments, multiple compositions, timed exams that don't allow you to go back and complete something if you have extra time, analysing 6 pieces of music.

I mean honestly.
I think we have a winner

And to all you serious people up there, shut up and be a good poster, yes?

Imo, Physics is evil, purely because nearly every concept worked 'backwards', weird logic happening there.

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
school past year 10 is a waste of time, unless you want to go to uni. so really it doesnt matter if you do 4units of math or english, your not actually required to do either, and you can still go on to be very successful.

apple pancake

HSC
The most evilest subject is physics, not the option quanta to quarks though
P.S. Ancient History is the bestest subject in the world
95% for trial paper
First by half a per cent
HA HA HA HA HA HA
Iknow, I'm evil are'nt i?:tongue::haha::haha:

Uncle

Banned
HSC
I see alot of h8s for english and maths with the usual when do you ever use it in life. Most of the stuff in school you never use in life. Example if you want to do engineering subjects like chem, phys, mx1/2 and IPT. So why should he care about the other subject he chose. Example someone does geography when are they ever going to use that in life? What about CAFS, S&C who is going to use that. Also ancient history/modern history yes that is useful but wat if you do not want to become a historian. What l am basically saying is that not all subjects are relevant. Maths might be relevant to one person but it may not be to the other.
Because school teaches topics that are too basic to have any real significant influence.
See Finx's post.

For those who said maths, you guys have no idea how important calculus is if you do engineering or even economics in uni (so i've heard). general maths = waste of time. 4u rules lol (even though i'm dying from harder 3u atm...)

For those who said english, i completely agree. It is COMPLETELY USELESS. even if you do journalism or something along the lines of these careers/courses, you still don't need to know how to analyse Shakespeare and you don't need to discuss 'belonging' to depths with the support of 3 freakin texts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes without a doubt mathematics has almost limitless applications.
As for English you may like consider to my next post.

Yes it also seems these days communication skills is a very high priority in employment aside from other skills, qualifications and traits.

Most of these responses are incoherent flames or walls of text. Here's the simple rundown:

Subjects are designed to test students' intellectual capabilities rather than to give them useful knowledge for the future.

BoS doesn't give a flying f* whether you're going to use their syllabus information for future reference, as long as they can rank you against other students in the state, its all cheese and crackers for them.

English haters
Most of you are the ones that suck at English. Yes it's true, most English aspects (denoting a text, finding out what Shakespeare REALLY means, etc) are completely useless in future life. Still hating? YOU LIVE IN AN ENGLISH SPEAKING COUNTRY. DEAL WITH IT.
(Edit: without English, Asians would dominate the Australian education system way harder than they already are at the moment)

Math haters
Most of you are the numerically illiterate, hating the concept of using logic to overcome a problem. Yes it's true, you don't need to find the gradient of a curve or know the area of a segment in future life, but as mentioned before, it demonstrates your capabilities and limits. Still hate it? Quit the subject.

Summary? QQ. If you're crying about how hard a subject is, its most likely that hundreds of students around the state are having the same problem.
agreed.
asians in unsw commerce are the dominant majority who speak a multitude of dialects and only a gram of english, ironic.

rokkuguhyo

HSC
English. The one fact that it's forced upon us alone makes it the most evil.

saberbladexx

HSC
Most people will think the subjects their worst at, are evil, so i guess i find everything besides science and modern history evil LOL.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
If not IMO one of the most fundamentally useful...

The knowledge is APPLICABLE for any future studies in science and even if you don't go on at uni, chemistry makes real world observations about the nature surrounding us. Its coherent and logical and builds strong practical and analytical skills...in summary, its the best HSC subject.

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
^ Yes, Chemistry has no practical application to life, or MY life anyhow. I don't need to understand how the bonding of H20 works to drink it, or how the process of oxidisation works to know that things rust when you leave them in the rain...

It's an ok subject though, easy to get marks in. Linear and logical, similar to maths, but more interesting.

English is clearly the greatest subject :p I think it's important for us to critically think about our world.. And I think it IS relevant, as we can so easily be manipulated by language if we don't understand how it works. I agree, a bit unfair that it's compulsory, bbbut I'm not really complaining, ha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)