whats the most evil subject? (1 Viewer)

dekimasu

HSC
English wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't compulsory. Then everyone who whinges about it could be told to drop it or suck it up. Maybe you should just accept that the board of studies knows more about education than you and that memorising quotes about how mary shelly feels about trees will help you in your despressing and meaningless adult life, ok?

CIV1501

Banned
HSC
nothing is all that useful unless you get into a career with it.
- English isn't that useful as a subject, as metaphors are useless in modern society. thus, it is evil.
- maths is useless, as once you know how to add, subtract etc, you'll be set, and thus won't need calculus or parametrics. thus, it is evil.
- economics is alright, as it can help you understand what to do with your money, and where it goes etc, but still, not all that useful.
- sciences are pointless unless you plan on becoming a scientist or a chemical or biological terrorist
- languages aren't that bad, as they have some practical use, but not that necessary.
- histories can help you, say, learn about people, but not much better than sitting and watching people walk past in a cafe
no much is useful in life, so i think we should all start learning, say, self defense or survival techniques, because similes won't kill you a rabbit for dinner as well as a nicely timed elbow stab. =]

btw, w00t first post as a bos member =]
what an amazing insightful awesome great post it was too
sped

saberbladexx

HSC
English- last two weeks after prelim exams(7/8) we have to do creative writing for the rest of the term, *shudders*...... dark days are about to befall upon me..

Sgt McMuffins

HSC
I would like to now defend myself and my previous post.
Actually, I can't be bothered talking about the subjects being useless, I take that back. What instead I will put forward is this, that the TESTING of these subjects is pointless. For 12 years, we are taught "everything we need to know", so we can do a big set of exams, use these results to get into a university, get a degree, get a job, and forget everything about calculus and integration and metaphors and chemical bonding and the city of Pompeii, simply replacing it with knowledge of how to do our jobs right so we don't get fired, how to get to work faster then everyone else by going down the back alleys, and never again touching those textbooks or those notes on King Lear. I think we should be taught at school how to be good people, with good manners and principles. We waste all this time memorising essays to get the top marks, or learning formulae off by heart, but no ones going to care about that 30 years down the track. People will pick you for a job because your good with people, or your a hard worker, not on what you got for the physics prelim paper in yr 11. gah, I just hate school.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I would like to now defend myself and my previous post.
Actually, I can't be bothered talking about the subjects being useless, I take that back. What instead I will put forward is this, that the TESTING of these subjects is pointless. For 12 years, we are taught "everything we need to know", so we can do a big set of exams, use these results to get into a university, get a degree, get a job, and forget everything about calculus and integration and metaphors and chemical bonding and the city of Pompeii, simply replacing it with knowledge of how to do our jobs right so we don't get fired, how to get to work faster then everyone else by going down the back alleys, and never again touching those textbooks or those notes on King Lear. I think we should be taught at school how to be good people, with good manners and principles. We waste all this time memorising essays to get the top marks, or learning formulae off by heart, but no ones going to care about that 30 years down the track. People will pick you for a job because your good with people, or your a hard worker, not on what you got for the physics prelim paper in yr 11. gah, I just hate school.
How can you become say an engineer in 4 years after high school if you don't know how to do anything more than add and plus after high school?

And you do realise that they test people so that only people deemed capable enough of doing a course are allowed to do it if they so choose, right?

EDIT: Your profile says that you go to Ruse, so am i right in assuming that you hate having to compete for ranks with smart kids?

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
english. because it's compulsory. end of story.

kezzaonline

HSC
Economics ftw...

it is the MOST horrible, boring, disgusting, foul-reeking, stinking, evil, hell-making, life-ruining subject on the planet!

barsa

HSC
defo english and eco and physics
these r like bitch subjects!!

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
Maths is evil, way too many silly mistakes that drag down my marks like crazy.

English is alright, I dunno what all you kiddies are talking about :)

lolwth

Banned
HSC
why do you say maths is evil when it is you making the silly mistakes?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)