What's the grill-to-boy ratio for both Computer Science AND Software Engineering? (1 Viewer)

MomentoSix

HSC
N/A
momentosix sounds triggered , as if guys are never objectified lol...

just chill. Its not even an issue. I study computer science and know a lot of guys and none of them talk shit about the girls in our course.
I'm a bit bemused on how to reply to a comment about me being triggered. But I guess me expressing my dissatisfaction with commenters who study CS objectifying girls and rating them counts as me "triggered". Alright mate, my reply: You sound like an asshole?

PS: Just because guys are objectified, it doesn't make it okay to objectify girls? I certainly don't condone guys being objectified.

When I have to be in a group, it's pretty likely when my group mates (likely to be guys) aren't going to be wonder to themselves "hmm, wonder if she codes well". Probably going to be "omg we have a grill in our group!!" or even worse maybe a rating. Eh.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
When I have to be in a group, it's pretty likely when my group mates (likely to be guys) aren't going to be wonder to themselves "hmm, wonder if she codes well". Probably going to be "omg we have a grill in our group!!" or even worse maybe a rating. Eh.
doesn't matter

you do what you do - be a good team member

MomentoSix

HSC
N/A
doesn't matter

you do what you do - be a good team member
True. Thanks for your advice. Much appreciated. I suppose in my classes, most guys will be nice and I'm just being way too pessimistic. Thanks again. ^_^

D94

HSC
N/A
No wtf. You're literally doing what you don't want other people to do, i.e. judging people based on gender.

eating

Wannabe COMP god
HSC
No wtf. You're literally doing what you don't want other people to do, i.e. judging people based on gender.
Exactly. And from what I've seen, these prejudices may be harmful to those she may interact with in class.

(It's kind of ironic)

Last edited:

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Why you all gotta attack me cause I study comp sci

primew

HSC
Don't worry, most "normal" guys won't rate you on your looks or your CS ability, just if you are a decent human being or not. My tip is to just let guys approach you. You can pretty much tell who's an asshole and who's not in the first few minutes of conversation. By the way, your brother is probably respectful to women, but from my experience with most guys is that they rate girls to get approval from other guys due to the culture. It's hard to be the odd one out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)