What's the grill-to-boy ratio for both Computer Science AND Software Engineering? (1 Viewer)

turntaker

HSC

Flop21

HSC
The way some guys talk about girls in CSE is offensive tbh.

If you want to meet a variety of people, do a double degree, do an elective from a different school, join societies, be social and naturally you'll have friends from all different degrees.

turntaker

HSC
The way some guys talk about girls in CSE is offensive tbh.

If you want to meet a variety of people, do a double degree, do an elective from a different school, join societies, be social and naturally you'll have friends from all different degrees.
there are girls in CSE????

MomentoSix

HSC
N/A
Damn as a girl doing Computer Science at UNSW next year, reading all these shitty misogynistic comments makes the me kind of sad and also fucking annoyed. I hope the majority of guys in my class aren't as stupid and sexist as those assholes.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Damn as a girl doing Computer Science at UNSW next year, reading all these shitty misogynistic comments makes the me kind of sad and also fucking annoyed. I hope the majority of guys in my class aren't as stupid and sexist as those assholes.
Tbf there probably will be idk why but it tends to attract people of this kind

Not all

But a lot

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
And tbh they probably won't even talk to u cos saying it to ur face is a lot harder and those types of ppl prob socially awkward anyways

Flop21

HSC
Yeah Queenroot is right.

I've gone through a year with only a few comments I've heard, and they were just people telling me what others had said. Most people are fine and normal lol.

eating

Wannabe COMP god
HSC
idk why but it tends to attract people of this kind
It's simple science. *Generally speaking*, this field is famous for having a lot of socially awkward virgin men. A few of them deal with their frustration with hatred and/or objectification of women.

As with a lot of groups, this is most likely a loud minority.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Makes me wonder why introverted people are more likely to excel at comp sci

MomentoSix

HSC
N/A
And tbh they probably won't even talk to u cos saying it to ur face is a lot harder and those types of ppl prob socially awkward anyways
Yeah but it makes me uncomfortable stepping inside a class where I won't be judged as an equal and be seen as an oddity to be rated and essentially objectified. I'll be judged based on my looks, not on my CS ability (which will probably dismissed anyway). So as a result I'm going to stare at my class and wonder which ones are sexist assholes. So pretty much I'm going to be cautious of most guys and probably not approach any.

Yeah Queenroot is right.

I've gone through a year with only a few comments I've heard, and they were just people telling me what others had said. Most people are fine and normal lol.
Tbh, I'd prefer it if they said it to my face? I prefer direct confrontations instead of misogynistic "locker room talk".

It's simple science. *Generally speaking*, this field is famous for having a lot of socially awkward virgin men. A few of them deal with their frustration with hatred and/or objectification of women.

As with a lot of groups, this is most likely a loud minority.
Hmm.. I always thought my brother was a feminist and respectful to women but I found out he has a group chat with his mates where they rate girls and shit. So not sure if it's just a "minority" :(

turntaker

HSC
momentosix sounds triggered , as if guys are never objectified lol...

just chill. Its not even an issue. I study computer science and know a lot of guys and none of them talk shit about the girls in our course.

He-Mann

Vexed?
HSC
N/A
momentosix sounds triggered , as if guys are never objectified lol...

just chill. Its not even an issue. I study computer science and know a lot of guys and none of them talk shit about the girls in our course.
What is a lot? How do you know they don't do it in the absence of your presence? (e.g. in their own head, with their own circle)

eating

Wannabe COMP god
HSC
I'll be judged based on my looks, not on my CS ability
By who?

So pretty much I'm going to be cautious of most guys and probably not approach any.
Sounds pretty sexist.

Honestly, Queenroot and turntaker are spot on. Good posts.

How do you know they don't do it in the absence of your presence? (e.g. in their own head, with their own circle)
I hold the idea that there is no reason to care what someone says in your absence, unless it can help you become a better person. I'm sure we all have more important things than listening to a stranger's petty gossip.

e.g. in their own head
hahaha oh wow

He-Mann

Vexed?
HSC
N/A
By the immature, shallow people who value attractiveness over CS ability.

I hold the idea that there is no reason to care what someone says in your absence, unless it can help you become a better person. I'm sure we all have more important things than listening to a stranger's petty gossip.
That's besides the point. But I do agree with your views. My insecurities vanished when I learnt that people are too occupied with other things to worry about you.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
They're probably not going to be peer assessing much anyway

ur tutors will be marking

Flop21

HSC
I am fine and having a great time.

No one is sexist.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)