whats learning biology like, other then the heavy content based reputation? (1 Viewer)

Miaow27

HSC
contemplating whether I should do physics or biology, I want to do bio but like everyone tells me its scales down and heavy content and it's really easy, but Ive just been introduced to physics module 1 and is so confusing with velocity, displacement, finding time, acceleration with 3 weird equations, acceleration graphs??? like would bio be better or is there a light at the end of this tunnel lmao I already do chemistry lmao would it be better
also Im doing 3 unit english is it better for my subject type lmao please help me lol I'm dying

Last edited:

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
contemplating over physics and biology, I want to do bio but like everyone tells me its scales down and heavy content and it's really easy, but Ive just been introduced to physics module 1 and is so confusing with velocity, displacement, finding time, acceleration with 3 weird equations, acceleration graphs??? like would bio be better or is there a light at the end of this tunnel lmao I already do chemistry lmao would it be better
lmao also Im doing 3 unit english is it better for my subject type lmao please help me lol I'm dying
I'm sure people have said this many many times. Do what YOU like.

I know people that did 4u Maths because of 'very high scaling' and ended up with Atars in the 70s. Time spent on 4u could've been spent on their other subjects which they relatively did better in. Do what you like and are capable of because that's how your going to maximize your chance at getting the Atar you want.

angie_c@_@

HSC
contemplating over physics and biology, I want to do bio but like everyone tells me its scales down and heavy content and it's really easy, but Ive just been introduced to physics module 1 and is so confusing with velocity, displacement, finding time, acceleration with 3 weird equations, acceleration graphs??? like would bio be better or is there a light at the end of this tunnel lmao I already do chemistry lmao would it be better
lmao also Im doing 3 unit english is it better for my subject type lmao please help me lol I'm dying
High school biology is literally memorisation of concepts. Minimal formulas and information synthesis. HOWEVER I did the old syllabus and I heard the new one has a lot of medical content and lots and lots of self-learning.

I think sciences are just becoming super difficult :<

If you're good at English though, bio might be the best science to go for - I did 4u eng and biology - did not do physics because velocity and stuff was too confusing for me.

Don't go for high scalers over your strengths - scaling only helps if you do well in the subject!

SplashJuice

HSC
I mean Kinematics is meant to be the easiest thing in Year 11. Not to mention Yr 12 Physics is quite literally 3x harder than Year 11 Physics, so if it's hard now then it won't get any better as time progresses. I'd say to still try it to see how it is and if it's too difficult then drop it

dumNerd

HSC
I mean Kinematics is meant to be the easiest thing in Year 11. Not to mention Yr 12 Physics is quite literally 3x harder than Year 11 Physics, so if it's hard now then it won't get any better as time progresses. I'd say to still try it to see how it is and if it's too difficult then drop it
Or if you have trouble understanding concepts but actually like the subject once you do GET A TUTOR

Greninja340

HSC
By far the shittiest pracs out of the three sciences
The first 2 modules in yr11 are pretty fun but the last 2 are straight up cancer
Idk about yr 12 because I dropped it
For physics maybe go to tutoring for a term and see what happens (maybe you start to understand the concepts)
btw what level of mathematics are you studying

dumNerd

HSC
By far the shittiest pracs out of the three sciences
The first 2 modules in yr11 are pretty fun but the last 2 are straight up cancer
Idk about yr 12 because I dropped it
For physics maybe go to tutoring for a term and see what happens (maybe you start to understand the concepts)
btw what level of mathematics are you studying
Bruh Iv been trying to grasp relative motion for a while now...just dont get it

dumNerd

HSC
Like the vector problems?
Nah just in one dimension. I don't fricken get how a man on a translator relative to the ground = man relative to translator + translator relative to ground

dumNerd

HSC
Nah just in one dimension. I don't fricken get how a man on a translator relative to the ground = man relative to translator + translator relative to ground
Apart from relative motion everything is quite simple

Greninja340

HSC
If the man stands on the translator and is moving at the velocity "x" relative to the translator (so if your were also on the translator it would look like he was moving at "x" velocity), now if the translator is moving at the velocity "y" relative to the earth (your standing on the earth, it would look like the translator is travelling at "y" velocity". Then on the earth it would seem like the man is moving at the addition of the velocity of the translator +velocity of the man on the translator, hence = "x" + "y"

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
In the future could you keep discussions of certain subject in their relevant sub sections on the forum. This is the wrong thread to be posting up questions for Physics.

dumNerd

HSC
In the future could you keep discussions of certain subject in their relevant sub sections on the forum. This is the wrong thread to be posting up questions for Physics.
I mean we were talking about what was confusing in physics to help the dude figure out what kind of questions there would be

Miaow27

HSC
lmao I am sorry i'm new

Last edited:
HSC
The new syllabus physics favors being able to work mathematically, whereas, biology is all about knowing and expressing the concepts. In saying this, biology may end up scaling better as you will likely excel due to your writing ability, therefore, you will perform better. Good luck and I hope this helps :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)