What you doing for the rest of the term? (1 Viewer)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
At this time, Yr 10 should be sleeping and/or partying. Or doing "work experience" and just chilling and not going to school.

Yeah they say they'll work on skills for the subjects with you for Yr 11 but they really don't.

jasonz1c

HSC
N/A
Spent the last few days in the woodwork shop finishing off my Major Work.

6 periods in the workshop :)

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
We have this program in Week 7 - 9, where we get this timetable for our Yr 11 subjects and we go to those classes. Apparently, we are not learning the content, we are learning skills that are apparently going to help us a lot in the next few years; no idea what that means.
Well for me it's:
Week 6 - All my Own Work
Week 7 - Study Skills
Week 8 - Work Experience
Week 9 - Receive SC Results!!!!!!

dd25

HSC
do you guys actually study in year 9&10 lol i thought it was playsschool

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
ikr
I just got pissed every weekend and slept through/talked in most of my classes.
My teachers were lucky if I'd done the homework, let alone studied my own shit.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I actually studied more in Year 9 than Year 10... And studied more in Year 7 than any year afterwards....
I always used to start my assignments early but this year and in Year 9, I always left it for last minute and procrastinated all the way... (though I managed to pull off an A for every assignment this year xD)

ZeeZee3

HSC
Teachers showed us several movies during classes. Once we had like 4 movies to watch for a whole school day. Other than that, practically nothing is done during class.

Eg155

HSC
Maths is the only thing we learn anything. They split us up into our classes for next year like maths and ext 1 where we're doing logarithms. Yay -.- while those doing no maths play games.
Science- we're building an 'eco house'. such a bludge.
English- comparative study of novels and film adaptations.
History- holocaust.
Japanese- prelim prep.
Art- finishing out ceramics- colour selections for upcoming exhibition :)

They keep up busy.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
Lol when we finished year 10, we did absolutely nothing!!! Movies and sport for like 4 weeks...golden :)

Skriker

HSC
What am I doing for the rest of the term? I am waiting for the HSC results too come out, so I'm just sitting here itching my balls and having a wank, playing a bit of WoW and Dota and hiding in my cave all day :)

lol, Good Luck 2012ers with there HSC it will be all over and done soon, just don't waste anytime or you will regret it! Thats my advice :)

GOODLUCK!

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Maths is the only thing we learn anything. They split us up into our classes for next year like maths and ext 1 where we're doing logarithms. Yay -.- while those doing no maths play games.
Science- we're building an 'eco house'. such a bludge.
English- comparative study of novels and film adaptations.
History- holocaust.
Japanese- prelim prep.
Art- finishing out ceramics- colour selections for upcoming exhibition :)

They keep up busy.
We did that as a Year 10 topic LOL
My maths teacher is trying to introduce calculus: differentiation and integration to us xD

HSC
Uni Grad
I remember after SC, I never went to any classes except maths classes, since the teacher just taught us for the lulz. I actually went to school and just played pokemon on my NDS in the library. Librarian didn't care :L

Eg155

HSC
We did that as a Year 10 topic LOL
My maths teacher is trying to introduce calculus: differentiation and integration to us xD
yea, it's a year 10 topic, but we were slow finishing the 5.3 course because they spent like a whole half a term on revising for SC -.-. Waste of time!
But we're only spending 3 lessons on logs so it's all good. At the same time though we doing an algebra booklet of harder applications of 'year 10'... yea, coz it's year 10, it's bloody year 11 work, wat a cover-up.

omg, calculus! Already?! isn't that introduced in late yr 11 or yr 12....?

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
^I started learning calculus towards the end of yr 11.

My maths class never got close to finishing 5.3 yr 10 math heh.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
yea, it's a year 10 topic, but we were slow finishing the 5.3 course because they spent like a whole half a term on revising for SC -.-. Waste of time!
But we're only spending 3 lessons on logs so it's all good. At the same time though we doing an algebra booklet of harder applications of 'year 10'... yea, coz it's year 10, it's bloody year 11 work, wat a cover-up.

omg, calculus! Already?! isn't that introduced in late yr 11 or yr 12....?
differentiation is super easy..dont sweat about it. i remember we started basic algebra at the end of year 10 - that was our first year 11 topic but seriously, the end of year 10, just bludge it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)