Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Other

Votes: 10 14.9%

• Total voters

kate

i am also considering travelling from wollongong to sydney for uni
hmmm

blake

Well I got a phone call off them and they offered a position. I'am only an hour away (by car), so I might get the train (the train station is right next to the uni). UOW also has the best uni bar (what you really need in a uni)..and was rated No.1 uni in Australia? :D

bex

HSC
im off to do media and culture at maq or arts at sydney! depends on how much the media uai goes up.. last years was 85 and i got 87.85 so i have only a little bit of room!! Arts was 80.05 so im pretty confident of making it there... but then again... it could jump bloody 10 thingies (points? ranks?) l;ike it did last year!

starrrboy

undecided

i don't know what i'm doing because none of the unis have rang me and all i've heard from them is standard letters about jan 3rd information day. and i haven't even heard about that from wollongong university. this is kind of concerning.
but either way i'll end up at usyd or UOW i'll just have to wait and see.

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Re: undecided

Originally posted by starrrboy
i don't know what i'm doing because none of the unis have rang me and all i've heard from them is standard letters about jan 3rd information day. and i haven't even heard about that from wollongong university. this is kind of concerning.
but either way i'll end up at usyd or UOW i'll just have to wait and see.
they dont ring everyone.

timmii

sporadic attendee
As someone who used to live there...stay in sydney. Especially if you got offered a nice usyd scholarship :p

The novelty of living in res or away from home will dissipate and u'll soon realise that you actually have to live in melbourne...and believe me, thats not a fortunate discovery to make! :p

hehe nah, its ok...just don't build it up to too much - Sydney is also great!

!meeee!

melbourne during uni- sydney during holidays
Originally posted by timmii
As someone who used to live there...stay in sydney. Especially if you got offered a nice usyd scholarship :p

The novelty of living in res or away from home will dissipate and u'll soon realise that you actually have to live in melbourne...and believe me, thats not a fortunate discovery to make! :p

hehe nah, its ok...just don't build it up to too much - Sydney is also great!
i'll definitely keep that in mind and i'd miss sydney a lot. i've got friends in melbourne but the idea of moving is still daunting. the usyd scholarship is probably what's swaying me towards sydney tho.

congrats on your fantastic results btw! so is it law at usyd or unsw?

timmii

sporadic attendee
Originally posted by !meeee!

i'll definitely keep that in mind and i'd miss sydney a lot. i've got friends in melbourne but the idea of moving is still daunting. the usyd scholarship is probably what's swaying me towards sydney tho.

congrats on your fantastic results btw! so is it law at usyd or unsw?
Thanks :) I went with my instinct and chose usyd...and I'm now *so* pleased! (hehe....u could join me ;) )

You must have done fantastically well to be in this dilemma (tho i haven't seen it explicitly posted anywhere...). Good luck with the decision making...you may not necessarily make the "right" decision, just try not to make one that is "wrong" for you...(paraphrased from unsw vice chancellor...i thought it was quite good). And get as much info about each uni/living situation as possible :p

flosh's gurl

off to brisbane to do communications. really really wanted the double degree in law and psych or law and criminology but hey i'm not that smart.

kate

ooh they would be cool..
brisbanes a fair way off tho
cant say ive ever been

kate

theres gonna be a lot of people tryin to transfer into law next year... anyways
good luck

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
I went with my instinct and chose Usyd over UNSW, it just had a better environment and atmosphere to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)