What UAI did you get? (1 Viewer)

Xenocide

HSC
It is not about how subjectively 'challenging' the courses are. It is about how well students who pick Ext English do in other subjects. Due to the fact that generally ext math students do better across the board, ext maths gets scaled better as it is more challenging to attain a higher rank amongst its canditure.

Shael

HSC
Good going smart arses. ;)

I got 79.15 and SAM predicted 79.9 so it was pretty close. All you nubs complaining about SAM being wrong should shut up. It's not suppose to give the exact UAI, its an ESTIMATE. All these huge UAI's and you don't understand that simple word? Come on. Lol.

Anyways, I'm happy with what I got. Its more than enough for the course I wanna do, but I don't need it anyway since I got Early Entry, and now Im guranteed on-campus accomodation too. Woo!

Games Tech here I come!

sly fly

HSC
nick1048 said:
last years cut off, dont get peoples hopes up please.
Ok but I really highly doubt the cutoff is going to jump from 99.15 to over 99.35 in one year.........and anyway, I said you've ALMOST certainly made it - which is true.

chap87

Xenocide said:
It is not about how subjectively 'challenging' the courses are. It is about how well students who pick Ext English do in other subjects. Due to the fact that generally ext math students do better across the board, ext maths gets scaled better as it is more challenging to attain a higher rank amongst its canditure.
I dont know why im doing this (being a maths/science person), but i so dont agree with the way that that is done. I know a lot of people who have aced all their subjects (well like... mid-high 80's and 90's) in humanities subjects (history, ext english etc), while i have had a couple high 70's and 80's doing maths and science, and im in the 90's they arent. whats the go there, they are still doing better across the board than i am, and im getting the higher UAI?

cheekyT

!

Xenocide said:
yeah better at maths n science (which are SCALED UP!) not "accross the board" english n hist students often do better "accross the board" if u count all the humanities subjects... BUT HEY THEY R NOT SCLAED UP AS MUCH!

Xenocide

HSC
well, jsut as my last post explained, the reason you are getting a better UAI is it is relatively more hard to get 70's and 80's in your subjects than 80's and 90's in the subjects your friends are doing. Whether or not the subject is more challenging is not important only that 'smarter' ppl do maths and science and so your 70/80 is worth more than an 80/90 in a subject in which there are not so many 'smart' people. This is a rather crude explanation but I think it is fairly correct.

Danoz The Great

HSC
society's evil said:
2 Biology 95/100 96/100 96 6
2 Drama 97/100 97/100 97 6
2 English (Advanced) 97/100 97/100 97 6
1 English Extension 1 49/50 48/50 49 E4
1 English Extension 2 49/50 49/50 49 E4
2 Personal Development; Health & Physical Education 97/100 97/100 97 6
2 Society and culture 97/100 96/100 97 6

SAM UAI: 99.95
NSW UAI: Oh wait. Drum roll.......... 100 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D!!!!!!!!!! SHIT YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahahahh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
I have never been so happy and/or satisfied in my life. This year has been tough: with me having to move out of home due to an abusive family, etc. I just wanted to show them that I can make it on my own and I did. THis is truly the happiest moment ever.
Wow, congrats!!!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I went ok~ 97.00 but then, compared to SAM... I'm like 10 points up *phew*.. mind you, that was SAM with school results (unmoderated/non-aligned).

chap87

Xenocide said:
well, jsut as my last post explained, the reason you are getting a better UAI is it is relatively more hard to get 70's and 80's in your subjects than 80's and 90's in the subjects your friends are doing. Whether or not the subject is more challenging is not important only that 'smarter' ppl do maths and science and so your 70/80 is worth more than an 80/90 in a subject in which there are not so many 'smart' people. This is a rather crude explanation but I think it is fairly correct.
still wrong in my mind buddy. Have a look at the band descriptors and cutoffs. More than 80% of people got band e3 or higher in 4 unit maths, and osmething like 70% or more in 3 unit, as opposed to the likes of modern and ancient history, each having less then 10% in the top band, and about 30-40% in the top 2 bands. Physics and chem were about similar to the history subjects. SO how does that make it harder to achieve in these top bands when more people are doing it?

Danoz The Great

HSC
gorgeous said:
its interesting to see how UAC decides everyones UAI's based on their choice of subjects, did anyone who did art/hospitality get over 90?? I bet you didnt, and its crap, those subjects are not any easier than others, they are just different, art for example, is exactly like history, but both ancient and modern are scaled better than it.
I know three people who did both those subjects and got UAI's between 92 and 93.

gorgeous said:
ALSO, since im on a whinge roll, i'd like to say that i think its crap that art students dont get their major work raw marks, ext 2 does, so whats the difference? i guess its a harder subject so they deserve the mark.
Go here and you might just be able to find that out. ;)

lexie

Junior Burger
HSC
N/A
dani_danoz said:
Well done!
What do you mean by your eng ext 2 video being 'panned'?
To pan is to express a totally negative opinion of someone's work.
I think s/he was also making a clever pun :p

Xenocide

HSC
I think if it bothers you alot you should talk to Rench or one RageRunner, they are much better at explaining it than me.

SaintCait

HSC
NSW UAI: 93.95
SAM: 94.15
Pretty happy!

According to last years cut-off im .3 short! Oh well...we'll see how it goes!

P.S Go the small rural public schools!!!!

society's evil

HSC
lexie said:
But look here - http://www.uac.edu.au/pubs/pdf/2005-Table-A1.pdf
Says the highest 2005 UAI achieved by anyone studying Drama was 99.95 & the highest for PD/H/PE was 99.90.

Either you're bluffing or UAC have stuffed it up (not dismissing either!)
That's so bizarre?! As a lot of you know, I wrote to Board of Studies, UAC and both SMH and DT to ask my name to be omitted from all listings. This request was approved by Board of Studies and UAC, however I never heard back from SMH and the DT. My name, isn't in the papers though, so perhaps BoS withheld my results.
However, I have no idea why there is no indication of a person receiving 100 in both those subjects? The table doesn't state the name, so I find it most strange. I think I may write into UAC again asking for a clarification (although they did take almost a month to reply to my last request :( )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)