what topic is your school upto (1 Viewer)

sukij

HSC
hey every1,
i am trying to find out if my school is kinda sorta behind in maths...so what topics have ppl covered in school and yet and what are they up to now..
we're doing integration ( approximation ) rite now..wat bout you guys....

Muz4PM

HSC
We just finished applications of calculus to the physical world.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Well it depends on the order that your teacher follows. We've just finished Approximation of Roots and Integration beforehand.

Muz4PM

HSC
Kujah said:
Well it depends on the order that your teacher follows. We've just finished Approximation of Roots and Integration beforehand.
Yeah, that's very true. We go in the order of the textbook we have which is "Maths in Focus" by Margaret Grove.

vds700

HSC
were doing inverse functions atm, done applications of calculus to the physical world, just gotta do binomial theorem and probability next

Muz4PM

HSC
theshortykatt said:
we have done all the harder topics and only have hmmm 5 more chapters to go in our textbook.

we will have all of next term (and some of this??? ) to just revise.
That is my teacher's plan as well. That is one of the main reasons I am staying in extension for now and not dropping to two unit yet.

Muz4PM

HSC
theshortykatt said:
your thinking of dropping??

im not doing too well at ext 1 =[
I am. I have the luxury of 12 units at the moment. I find it too time consuming for the mediocre results I am getting, so I may as well concentrate on other subjects but utilise the two unit study time in class the teacher would provide us with.

Muz4PM

HSC
theshortykatt said:
yer. i have 11 units and have wanted to drop ext math since 1/2 yearlies last year, but my rents dont want me too and :'(
We probably should stop spamming this thread with our gripes on Ext. Maths lol. However, I will say this, it is ultimatley your HSC and your life. As noble as your parent's intensions are, they may not be right for you. If you are not doing well at Ext. 1 and it is time consuming please your case again to them and tell them that it impacts on your abilities in other subjects.

Back on topic.

Apparently most of the chapters after applications of calculus in the physical world (such as inverse functions etc etc) are very time consuming and confusing for your average Ext. 1 Maths kid, how have other's found it?

Given that maybe true, those of you who think you are behind, do you think you will finish the course by the HSC?

leoyh

mic`
HSC
we just finished polynomials and now we're doing applications of series

CRANK-SHAFT

i'm on urPC,pwning n00bs
HSC
about to start inverse functions and have stuff like binomials and projectile motion left to go. Its hard since I have a small group of kids who arent that motivated either.

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
its hard for me to tell whats maths and whats ext cause we mix it all together.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Absolute values, but I think different schools do different things in different order nad I am also in year 11.

barry1

HSC
theshortykatt said:
we did all of maths last year, and ext 1 work this year (+term 4 last year)
woah sounds like alot. My school is doing binomial theorem atm and after that combos and permutations followed by inverse functions :)

velocite

HSC
finished applications to the real world, currently doing logarithms

HSC
lol everyone does these in completely different orderrr....

polynomials + permutations we did in yr 11, and a heap of random stuff, and this year we have done induction, methods of integration (substitution), methods of finding roots of polynomials... + binomials... don't know what we wouldve been doing next or how much would be left to go as i'm 99% sure i'm going to drop it very soon lol

dodgyv

CEO
HSC
i do mine in tafe hsc and seriously where so behind eg
physic (ultimo tafe hsc physic teacher ROBERT CORDIA) the shittest teacher iv ever had in my life. last year he got kicked out, and now hes back again, thx to the government. since govt jobs they have that fckin job security. we sign a complaint form this year 2 do the same head teacher did shit.

so let me ask in physic where are you guys up 2 where fckin seriously still on space SPACE SPACE fckin the first chapter the fckin gravity crap.... STILL on the fckin GRAVITY hes so shit omfgggg he turns on the fckin VIDEO and we sit and watch and he does shit. ask him a fckin question he would go on and talk about his life story first lesson he spent 2.5hours talkinh about himself and how fckin fascinated he was with flashdrives and shit and im not exaggerating OMFGGG RAGEEEEEEEE ME

DO NOT DO HSC PHYSICS WITH ROBERT CORDIA IN ULTIMO TAFE DONT DO IT DONT DO IT DONT DO IT DONT DO IT YOU WILL NOT ONLY FCK UP PHYSICS HE WILL FCK YOU UP AS WELL OMFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

huh...i feel better now

qqmore

HSC
dodgyv said:
i do mine in tafe hsc and seriously where so behind eg
physic (ultimo tafe hsc physic teacher ROBERT CORDIA) the shittest teacher iv ever had in my life. last year he got kicked out, and now hes back again, thx to the government. since govt jobs they have that fckin job security. we sign a complaint form this year 2 do the same head teacher did shit.

so let me ask in physic where are you guys up 2 where fckin seriously still on space SPACE SPACE fckin the first chapter the fckin gravity crap.... STILL on the fckin GRAVITY hes so shit omfgggg he turns on the fckin VIDEO and we sit and watch and he does shit. ask him a fckin question he would go on and talk about his life story first lesson he spent 2.5hours talkinh about himself and how fckin fascinated he was with flashdrives and shit and im not exaggerating OMFGGG RAGEEEEEEEE ME

DO NOT DO HSC PHYSICS WITH ROBERT CORDIA IN ULTIMO TAFE DONT DO IT DONT DO IT DONT DO IT DONT DO IT YOU WILL NOT ONLY FCK UP PHYSICS HE WILL FCK YOU UP AS WELL OMFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

huh...i feel better now
what lol?...

Anyway, my school has finished all the topics except motion and finance.

ronnknee

Live to eat
HSC
CRANK-SHAFT said:
about to start inverse functions and have stuff like binomials and projectile motion left to go. Its hard since I have a small group of kids who arent that motivated either.
And you're only in Year 11 Oo?

Well we just finished the 2U course; now we're doing Inverse Trigonometric Functions and later Further Applications of Calculus in the Physical World

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)