What to do if you have not heard from UWS: (1 Viewer)

Zephyrio

HSC
Hey guys,

Just thought I'd let people know what to do if you haven't heard from UWS.

I hadn't heard from UWS regarding my med application, but luckily the resident med-affairs expert Wooz provided a number for Lyndal in the other thread, and I called. Turns out, they hadn't received half of my application, but after clearing a few things up with them, they've now got my application, and I just got an interview with them.

So if you haven't heard, please call 98524630 and ask for Lyndal. She's a godsend really, a really really nice person who will be willing to help you out (I should know, I called her about 5 times lol).

Also, when she requested my UMAT results, I told her my score in accordance to the system they apparently use (the S1 + S2 + 0.5 x S3 thing). She said that she didn't know where that had come from, and that it was just a rumour floating about. :hammer::hammer:

Good luck guys.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Zephyrio said:
Hey guys,

Just thought I'd let people know what to do if you haven't heard from UWS.

I hadn't heard from UWS regarding my med application, but luckily the resident med-affairs expert Wooz provided a number for Lyndal in the other thread, and I called. Turns out, they hadn't received half of my application, but after clearing a few things up with them, they've now got my application, and I just got an interview with them.

So if you haven't heard, please call 98524630 and ask for Lyndal. She's a godsend really, a really really nice person who will be willing to help you out (I should know, I called her about 5 times lol).

Also, when she requested my UMAT results, I told her my score in accordance to the system they apparently use (the S1 + S2 + 0.5 x S3 thing). She said that she didn't know where that had come from, and that it was just a rumour floating about. :hammer::hammer:

Good luck guys.
I think there's some weight with the idea a different system in place, a few people have been rejected with the same umat scores, etc. Even though UWS never gives any ideas out regarding their admissions process, etc

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
A students reply from UWS asking that question: "For an applicant to be invited for an interview, they need to meet two discrete thresholds, one for their UAI (or equivalent), which you have clearly met with your excellent UAI prediction.

The other is a UMAT threshold. This threshold is not simply a sum of the three raw scores. It is derived from the results using a formula applied to the 3 raw scores. As a result, it is not possible to compare one person's total raw UMAT score to anyone else's and draw conclusions.

The advice given to you is correct - it is not the policy of the School of Medicine to release the UMAT threshold at this time. However, I can confirm that I have checked your record and the reason you were not invited to an interview is because you have not met the threshold required. Once again, the raw score is not what we use to derive the threshold."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)