What subjects are you thinking of dropping next yr? (1 Viewer)

tylerjames333

HSC
i can only drop Sports, lifestyles and recreation. I really regret doing a board endorsed course, no option what-so-ever when it comes to what i want to drop.

shimmer205

HSC
I find it really hard to concentrate in the subject I want to drop, because I know it's only for one more term... It's frusterating to have to put time into a subject that's not for the HSC.
lol what a bludge french has become...

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
^agreed.

I find it difficult to concentrate during Chemistry. First, I hardly learn anything. Secondly, I find the contents quite confusing.

adidasboy

weee
HSC
May drop advanced english & focus on other subjects. I suck at english !
But i heard how impossible it is to get band 6 in standard.. ahh :( Do people get band 5s in standard eng?
Dunno what to do lol.
I don't exactly wish to ruin my UAI ( Need 90+).

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
adidasboy said:
May drop advanced english & focus on other subjects. I suck at english !
But i heard how impossible it is to get band 6 in standard.. ahh :( Do people get band 5s in standard eng?
Dunno what to do lol.
I don't exactly wish to ruin my UAI ( Need 90+).
Don't worry. 99+ is easily possible with English (Standard). As long as you pull off Band 5 in English (Standard) and get awesome marks in other subjects, why not 99+ UAI?

I shall tell you a little classic story. At my school, we have a history of great HSC performers who have undertaken English (Standard).

In 2004, the Dux of my year got 99.90 UAI. He undertook English (Standard) because English was not his strongest subject. He didn't get Band 6 in English (Standard). He probably got mid-80s for English (Standard). His name is Peter Yoon and he came first in the state for Mathematics as an accelerant student in 2003. In 2004, he came first in Physiscs in the state. By doing English (Standard) he allowed himself plenty of time to focus on subjects he liked. That's how he could get those awesome results.

In 2007, the 2nd Dux of my year got 99.45 UAI. He also undertook English (Standard) because English was his second language. He also didn't get Band 6 in English (Standard) either. However, he still managed to get that awesome UAI. He was very strong in Mathematics, Science and Commerce though. He came top 5 in the state for Mathematics as an acclerant student in 2006.

So in conclusion, don't feel depressed. Both people I just mentioned didn't get Band 6 either. They got mid-80s.

adidasboy

weee
HSC
lyounamu said:
Don't worry. 99+ is easily possible with English (Standard). As long as you pull off Band 5 in English (Standard) and get awesome marks in other subjects, why not 99+ UAI?

I shall tell you a little classic story. At my school, we have a history of great HSC performers who have undertaken English (Standard).

In 2004, the Dux of my year got 99.90 UAI. He undertook English (Standard) because English was not his strongest subject. He didn't get Band 6 in English (Standard). He probably got mid-80s for English (Standard). His name is Peter Yoon and he came first in the state for Mathematics as an accelerant student in 2003. In 2004, he came first in Physiscs in the state. By doing English (Standard) he allowed himself plenty of time to focus on subjects he liked. That's how he could get those awesome results.

In 2007, the 2nd Dux of my year got 99.45 UAI. He also undertook English (Standard) because English was his second language. He also didn't get Band 6 in English (Standard) either. However, he still managed to get that awesome UAI. He was very strong in Mathematics, Science and Commerce though. He came top 5 in the state for Mathematics as an acclerant student in 2006.

So in conclusion, don't feel depressed. Both people I just mentioned didn't get Band 6 either. They got mid-80s.
omg thank you namu, you're an angel (no homo) ;)
So if you get mid-80s, it won't be scaled down to 65 -70s?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
adidasboy said:
omg thank you namu, you're an angel (no homo) ;)
So if you get mid-80s, it won't be scaled down to 65 -70s?
No, mid-80s = 78-80 scaled mark.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
chemistry's gone for me
its funny coz u never ended up dropping it :haha:

n as if u would drop it wtf... u got likee wat 91% or somefinkk in that assigment bout the male and female scientists!!!

but i still beat u :haha::haha::haha:

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Might be Physics. It's annoying at the moment... the teacher makes it stupid.

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
Legal Studies

My teacher just randomly left one day and know we're stuck with this guy who talks to us about sex and drugs.

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
I'll drop either chemistry or maths, depending on my marks and how much I am enjoying each at the end of this year.
I'll then pick up Ext 2 english and have only 10 units.
If all goes according to plan...

PodiatryA

HSC
Probably drop Maths. Never been too good at it. Everything else i do great at, and i really don't like it.

So; Maths.

N

NeoSanity

ancient history or geography..

possibly studies of religion but its easy so i doubt it..

HSC
Heyy guys,
Is it better to do 10 units or 12 units for the HSC?
i think there is a thread on this but i can not seem to find it.
Somone post the link if they know.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Heyy guys,
Is it better to do 10 units or 12 units for the HSC?
i think there is a thread on this but i can not seem to find it.
Somone post the link if they know.
Heheh, I've answered this a few times (although I havn't done the HSC) in my opinion if you've chosen to do the HSC and go for a UAI then you should be able to go very well in the 10 units you have chosen and not need 12 (for back up). They are subjects you like or hopefully do and with the 10 units there is plenty of time to spend on them.

P.S. Your subjects are basically the same as mine :D

leetsa

HSC
current subjects in prelim course
2u maths, extension english, IPT, SDD, D&T, Business.

BUSINESS IS KILLING ME HARD.
ROFLLLLL

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah I agree, I think if you are confident and love all the subjects you are doing you should just do 10 U and concentrate on those...
I'd like to see a thread though too. :) If links anyone? ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)