• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

what subject do i need 2 choose? (1 Viewer)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I think you can only do ESL if you've been in Australia for only a couple of years.

Aznmichael92

HSC
Aerath said:
I think you can only do ESL if you've been in Australia for only a couple of years.
ah ok guess none of my friends are elgible for that hahaha :D

btw, Aerath do you know jeffrey wong at your school?

4unitfreak

HSC
USYD assume Ext. 1 Mathematics (and a 99.95 UAI)
USYD Medicine is postgrad, isn't it? Why would they want a UAI?

UNCLE want Standard English and/or Chemistry. Can't remember which one. They'll take a UAI of 93.8 or higher.

12o9

HSC
4unitfreak said:
USYD Medicine is postgrad, isn't it? Why would they want a UAI?

UNCLE want Standard English and/or Chemistry. Can't remember which one. They'll take a UAI of 93.8 or higher.
For combined Medicine

blackglitter

HSC
the ONLY subjects you need to do are usually english and chemistry and in some case maths. Some unis assume knowledge and others recommend subjects - depending on which uni you want to study, you should have a look at these. However, really, to get into medicine you need a really high UAI and there are other aspects too (i.e. UMAT and interview) so don't pick your subjects based on prerequisites alone - who knows, you might change your mind between now and then.

bawd

HSC
Aznmichael92 said:
hahaha good one :D How do you qualify to do ESL?
If you have lived in Australia for a only a certain number of years, you are qualified. I think it was five years, but I'm not one hundred percent on that. Not sure how this applies to Australian-born, long term resident students who simply display a lack of rigor in the subject.

Aznmichael92

HSC
Aerath said:
Yeah, I do. How do you know him? :p
oh i know him through stuff outside of school :D i.e. hip hop

bawd said:
If you have lived in Australia for a only a certain number of years, you are qualified. I think it was five years, but I'm not one hundred percent on that. Not sure how this applies to Australian-born, long term resident students who simply display a lack of rigor in the subject.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
bawd said:
11.2 Course Entry Requirements The English (ESL) course may be accessed by any student who has been educated overseas or in an Australian educational institution using English as the language of instruction for five years or less prior to the beginning of the Preliminary year of study. This includes:

• students whose learning has been interrupted by periods outside education that uses English as the language of instruction, and

• Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students from Indigenous communities where standard English is not the lingua franca of the local community.

The onus will be on students to present evidence of prior schooling. In cases where it is difficult to ascertain the extent to which a student has been using English as the language and medium of instruction, entry to the course will be determined on the basis of an assessment of the student’s oral and written language competence.

For students who have had substantially interrupted education or little or no formal education prior to the commencement of study using English as the language of instruction, approval may be sought for up to twelve months to be added to the course entry requirements period. The principal of the school is required to forward a submission providing evidence of a student’s individual circumstances.

Aznmichael92

HSC
kaz1 said:
11.2 Course Entry Requirements The English (ESL) course may be accessed by any student who has been educated overseas or in an Australian educational institution using English as the language of instruction for five years or less prior to the beginning of the Preliminary year of study. This includes:

• students whose learning has been interrupted by periods outside education that uses English as the language of instruction, and

• Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students from Indigenous communities where standard English is not the lingua franca of the local community.

The onus will be on students to present evidence of prior schooling. In cases where it is difficult to ascertain the extent to which a student has been using English as the language and medium of instruction, entry to the course will be determined on the basis of an assessment of the student’s oral and written language competence.

For students who have had substantially interrupted education or little or no formal education prior to the commencement of study using English as the language of instruction, approval may be sought for up to twelve months to be added to the course entry requirements period. The principal of the school is required to forward a submission providing evidence of a student’s individual circumstances.
thank you very much :D

Dani0814

HSC
kaz1 said:

thanks so much

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)