What Should I Drop?? (1 Viewer)

Jessa100

HSC
I currently have 14 units and I would like to drop something.

If my overall ranking in both Business Studies and Modern History is similar which one should I drop??

Also is 4U English worth it??

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
I currently have 14 units and I would like to drop something.

If my overall ranking in both Business Studies and Modern History is similar which one should I drop??

Also is 4U English worth it??

I'd reccomend you keep subs till next year starts. That way you'll have a wider variety to choose from. Sounds crazy doing 14/15 units but if you can manage your time, you'll be fine.

D94

HSC
N/A
Do consider your cohorts for Modern and Business. If either of your cohorts are really good, then you should all get moderated up assuming you do great in the HSC. Maybe consider the examination, which ever one you feel you can handle. Consider assessment tasks; I recall there were 3 assessment tasks (and 2 major internal exams) for Modern, not sure about Business, and they were fairly straightforward, so nothing ambiguous. There could be hundreds of factors other than ranks; maybe 5th in Modern is better than a 5th in Business.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
4U english is only worth it if you like it.

Drop the subject you hard/struggle in

In the end you will do better in subjects you like

Jessa100

HSC
I think I will follow the general advice and wait a couple of weeks and just see what happens with assessments, workload etc. Just don't want to be disadvantaged too much... Thanks for your help

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
1. Why do you have to drop something?
2. Extension 2 English is great. (See my subjects)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Are there equal amounts of people in Business and Modern?

I'm assuming you're considering out of those two cause they are the two you aren't super in love with or need, and you want a less unit load. Look up what you'd be doing in each course in HSC year, see what content will interest you more. Seek year advisor/career advisor/ head or class teacher advice. Consider you decision carefully and don't rush it, otherwise there'll be regret.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)