what related text did you use for belonging? (1 Viewer)

boxhunter91

HSC
woo I've got two pages of ideas for related text's, hells yes. Did everyone do the same text as everyone else in their class, or was yours unique?
Nah different. otherwise we would of all been screwed.

kmt10

HSC
the film australia, works really good with romulur my father

and a few days before the exam i changed my 2nd to the poem we are going by oodgeroo noonuccal. coulda been good but i hardly learnt it, so my prayers were answered when exam only asked for ONE text :D:D:D

Allisonius

HSC
I used the picture book The Arrival by Shaun Tan.It's got amazing illustrations and fits in well with Skrzynecki's Immigrant Chronicle.Best thing about it is that it has no words, no quotes to remember, only visual techniques.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I used the picture book The Arrival by Shaun Tan.It's got amazing illustrations and fits in well with Skrzynecki's Immigrant Chronicle.Best thing about it is that it has no words, no quotes to remember, only visual techniques.
It's a fantastic related text. However, it's shit in that it's used by like, half the State, that it's very hard to get any original ideas from it.

Allisonius

HSC
It's a fantastic related text. However, it's shit in that it's used by like, half the State, that it's very hard to get any original ideas from it.
It's better to do something popular and cliched well then to go out on a limb and try something a little more different and do a terrible job of it. It's used alot because it fits perfectly in with the ideas of this AOS.

Aeriff

HSC
Core Text was As You Like It (ugh), related texts were Catcher in the Rye and Dead Poets Society. Yay for overused texts!

alina yousif

HSC
Film: Babel and Little Miss Sunshine
Non-fiction/anthology of short stories with a linking narrative: Stories from suburban road - T.A.G Hungerford

Lil27

HSC
Big World, from The Turning by Tim Winton - great for belonging and is a short story
Six Degrees of Separation by John Guare - play and it doesn't take too long to read either
good for linking to Romulus

BeRad

HSC
I used Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult and Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk.
I ended using Nineteen Minutes for the exam but both were really good.
Goodluck choosing.

RedCrimsonFlame

HSC
Being only ONE text of choosing I had the choice of A.I. Artificial Intelligence (Spielberg) or Brokeback Mountain (short Story - Proulx). Unfortunately I found I had to go with the latter.

reloaded29

HSC
Mariah Carey - Outside Even though it's a pretty girly song my teacher said that it's a really good supplementary text :)

Arceupins

Banned
HSC
Can somebody please verify the whole prescribed text / related text thing.

I know we have to have a BOS prescribed text (obviously) and several related texts. So far this term however, our teacher has just been getting us to analyse heaps of random texts that relate to belonging in one way or another, leading to me being somewhat confused...

inedible

HSC
Can somebody please verify the whole prescribed text / related text thing.

I know we have to have a BOS prescribed text (obviously) and several related texts. So far this term however, our teacher has just been getting us to analyse heaps of random texts that relate to belonging in one way or another, leading to me being somewhat confused...
That's really good. Your teacher is probably giving you plenty of choices for your related texts so you have a variety of related texts to choose from. My teacher didn't give us any texts at all to study.

Anyways that brings me to the topic at hand. I'm doing As You Like It (possibly the longest/most boring play of any period) so would there be any texts relating to belonging/not belonging to a place?

HSC
i did the qantas advertisement with 'i still call australia home' and a feature article. prepared two but only wrote about the article in the hsc ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)