what proof is there that god exists? (1 Viewer)

Riot09

HSC
while Allah tries to intimidate the infidel - threatening the infidels earthly body aswell as gleefully proclaiming a firey eternity for his soul.
EDIT: What makes you believe that Allah is God?
Thats not the goal of Islam at all.Its a religon of peace and faith,however i don't know why but it seems that somehow the religon itself is used as a justification for violence proberly due to injusticies.The leaders of the cristian crusaders were no boys scouts either.So don't generalise,stick to examples and alow for individual differences because no 2 people in the world are the same.

bayan92

HSC
Why would you even think there is the probability that there would be the presence of God after death? There's a possibility yes - but it's an extremely unlikely probability. It's about as likely as meeting a leprechaun after death.

Anyway, death is marked by absence of all conscious activity. Why would there be anything after all bodily and cognitive processes have ceased?
I believe that the soul progresses to gain the presence of God after death and that I must justify all my actions to God.

This is a Baha'i' site but contains a download link to a library which has books from many faiths including Christianity, Muslim Faith and Tao. You can search various topics. It may be interesting to some:

http://bahai-education.org/ocean/Ocean_English.exe

bayan92

HSC
Thats not the goal of Islam at all.Its a religon of peace and faith,however i don't know why but it seems that somehow the religon itself is used as a justification for violence proberly due to injusticies.The leaders of the cristian crusaders were no boys scouts either.So don't generalise,stick to examples and alow for individual differences because no 2 people in the world are the same.
The purpose of religion is to unite! Allah, God or whatever you want to call the Divine Creator which people from different religions believe in are all the same being. I'll use another analogy:

God is the sun. Jesus, Muhammad and Noah are all mirrors. Jesus reflected God's light and came a spread messages relevant to his time. Then Muhammad came and spread God's reflection and messages relevant to his time and so on.

Riot09

HSC
The bible says god exists and it is the direct word of god so it must be true.

Also turtles swim that is what they are for
Thats a common fallacy of reasoning that many people fall for when it come to religion.As written in a similar thread.

Why you cannot use a religious text to prove God’s existence

The claim here is that the religious text (Bible, Quran, etc) proves that God exists. This argument makes the fallacy of begging the question (or circular reasoning). When the argument is set out clearly this becomes obvious:

How do we know God exists?
God exists because the Bible says so.
Why should we believe the Bible?
Because the Bible is the word of God.
God exists because the Bible says so.
Why should we believe the Bible?
Because the Bible is the word of God.

(etc, ad infinitum.)

You cannot use the conclusion you are trying to prove (that God exists) as one of your premises. The premise “the Bible is the word of God” already assumes the truth of the conclusion.

Riot09

HSC
The purpose of religion is to unite! Allah, God or whatever you want to call the Divine Creator which people from different religions believe in are all the same being. I'll use another analogy:

God is the sun. Jesus, Muhammad and Noah are all mirrors. Jesus reflected God's light and came a spread messages relevant to his time. Then Muhammad came and spread God's reflection and messages relevant to his time and so on.
so is it possible to live a good(morally) life without a creator?.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
I understand that verses in the Koran do not determine the reality of moral beliefs of every muslim - however, clearly there are some adherants.

Lentern

HSC
Our current reputation isn't something to be proud of and most of the people in our school are but not me to any extent.
Your down to earthedness makes me think perhaps you are not one. BTW it is not reputation but the experience of someone I know well who has caused my disliking for the school.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
I understand that verses in the Koran do not determine the reality of moral beliefs of every muslim - however, clearly there are some adherants.
I dont fully agree with many things in islam, but there's no half half. You're either in or you're not, so im kinda confused as to where i currently stand.

maybe i should just apostise...

bayan92

HSC
so is it possible to live a good(morally) life without a creator?.
Essentially - yes.

The reason I believe in God is that I cannot think of a scientifically possible way for morals and good deeds and the brain to have come about from chemicals and stuff. There had to be something else.

How could chemicals create feelings, emotions, ideals? Religion I believe is the only way I personally believe religion can justify this.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Essentially - yes.

The reason I believe in God is that I cannot think of a scientifically possible way for morals and good deeds and the brain to have come about from chemicals and stuff. There had to be something else.

How could chemicals create feelings, emotions, ideals? Religion I believe is the only way I personally believe religion can justify this.
existance of "soul", etc.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Essentially - yes.

uhm, instincts?

Riot09

HSC
Essentially - yes.

You personally believe that the origin of morals, "good deeds", ideals ,feelings and ideals cannot bescientifically explained therefore religion does.

And also the origin of the brain from chemicals and stuff.

So you and i don't know the origin of what essentially is the brain and consciousness.

1.Bio-chemicals such as endorphins and serotonin give you feelings.When a boxer wins a match he his truly high on endorphins which make hiim feel happy and mask pain.this just one example of how chemicals give emotion.

2.Just because the origin of what essentially is the brain and consciousness (im not that knowledgeable on evolutionary-neuroscience) but just because one doesn' know that.Doesn't mean that religious texts explain it any better if anything even more questions are raised as "how" and "when" if we called Abiogenesis magic noboddy would believe it.But if we added a "omni"being than somehow that pleases some of us as a credidble solution.

If anything ignorence doen't mean something else is right it just means ignorence.Just like you ask "How could chemicals create feelings, emotions, ideals?" i could ask you the same question and you would say "god made it" which explains nothing and every other possibility possible.You can't deduce anything from that statement.nothing personal im just saying that how can if something not be known can be known from an illogical-method.The burden of proof is always thier.

ajk92

HSC
its all blind faith, no-one knows anything. just cos its in a book doesnt mean its true. people have just hammered the same shit into each others brains for centuries and its become the accepted "truth"

saidmuzafar

HSC
sel-explanatory,im currently a non-believer.so enlighten me with your'e insight,any way you can and persuade me with near unconditional certainty that any kind of "god" exists and what does this mean for my life.

provide evidence for youre statements.and only support youre argument and don't comment or rebuff other thoeries or idea' s i want youre knowledge and none of this this is wrong therefore i am right such "abiogenisis is unexplainable therefore god exists.you get the idea.
I base my arguement on one strong reason that GOD exist. You can feel GOD if you believe in GOD. Because you dont believe that GOD exist You will never feel GOD in Your HEART. You gotta make connection with GOD in the form of pray to feel that GOD exist. You lack something buddy.

HSC
N/A
I base my arguement on one strong reason that GOD exist. You can feel GOD if you believe in GOD. Because you dont believe that GOD exist You will never feel GOD in Your HEART. You gotta make connection with GOD in the form of pray to feel that GOD exist. You lack something buddy.
unless you are muslim your feeling for god is false and shirk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)