what proof is there that god exists? (1 Viewer)

lawstudent

HSC
sel-explanatory,im currently a non-believer.so enlighten me with your'e insight,any way you can and persuade me with near unconditional certainty that any kind of "god" exists and what does this mean for my life.

provide evidence for youre statements.and only support youre argument and don't comment or rebuff other thoeries or idea' s i want youre knowledge and none of this this is wrong therefore i am right such "abiogenisis is unexplainable therefore god exists.you get the idea.
1. learn hwo to spel befor attempting to engage in these sorts of discusions.
2. Who do you think you are? Do your own research, no one has to try to convince you of anything.
3. God exists, just not in a way most religions describe it.
4. Yea, read the other thread.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
for a law student you sure do suck at debating.

lawstudent

HSC
Please elaborate.
Thats just my opinion of course. But i think 'God' i.e. creator of universe/a power governing everything etc can be other things besides the revengeful jealous god in the testaments. When i was small i always thought of god as a 'formula' that we'll eventually work out, or maybe even being in a state of enlightenment. I haven't thought it through yet (if only i did philosophy =( )

HSC
N/A
Thats just my opinion of course. But i think 'God' i.e. creator of universe/a power governing everything etc can be other things besides the revengeful jealous god in the testaments. When i was small i always thought of god as a 'formula' that we'll eventually work out, or maybe even being in a state of enlightenment. I haven't thought it through yet (if only i did philosophy =( )
stfu and stop insulting allah

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
For an engineering student whos interest is in marketing (can't get into commerce?) you sure are up yourself.
LOl yeah i decided to do a less challenging degree like engineering because i couldn't get into commerce.

fuckin lol, getback to your shitty readings, you don't know shit.

hamzie

HSC
sel-explanatory,im currently a non-believer.so enlighten me with your'e insight,any way you can and persuade me with near unconditional certainty that any kind of "god" exists and what does this mean for my life.

provide evidence for youre statements.and only support youre argument and don't comment or rebuff other thoeries or idea' s i want youre knowledge and none of this this is wrong therefore i am right such "abiogenisis is unexplainable therefore god exists.you get the idea.
because i tapped yo momma

HSC
Uni Grad
There is no 'proof' of gods existence. Those that believe abandon logic and toss it to the wolves, they have faith in his existence and that is all they need it seems.

lawstudent

HSC
LOl yeah i decided to do a less challenging degree like engineering because i couldn't get into commerce.

fuckin lol, getback to your shitty readings, you don't know shit.
LOL so you choose engineering you think is a more challenging degree than commerce (i agree btw) and then decide you like marketing (probably the easiest subject ROFL) very nicely done my friend.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
There's already a thread on this called 'Does God Exist?'. One thread is more than enough.

BreBre91

HSC
+1

Back to my simple argument:
Go and explain stigmata! There are many scientificallt unexplainable phenomena in this world.
To nail someone to the cross it is necessary to place the nail on the wrist, it is impossible to nail the palm of someones hand and have that support the weight of their body. Thus 'stigmata' on the palms is obviously bullsh*t or the result of some weird disease

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
LOL so you choose engineering you think is a more challenging degree than commerce (i agree btw) and then decide you like marketing (probably the easiest subject ROFL) very nicely done my friend.
what are you talking about you idiot, i haven't touched the 'interests' part of my profile since i reigstered.

even then i just clicked whatever.

are you stupid or something, seriously?

EDIT : Errors A required field called Industry Interests is missing or has an invalid value.

dumbshit

Last edited:
HSC
bro your name is lawstudent you really should kill yourself

just putting it out there

give something back to society okay

Ben1220

HSC
if no one can provide a rationale reason that "god" exists than therefore we can safely conclude that he doesn't.
Thats not quite true, even if there is no rational reason for god to exist that we can come up with, he still may exist. A lack of evidence doesn't prove that something doesn't exist. Of course it may be wise to not believe that he exists, or at least be fairly confident that he doesn't exist if we have no direct evidence, but this is a different question.

Also to people who say that the miracle of life proves that there is a god, thats just simply wrong. The miricle of life proves no such thing, thats simply not a logically valid argument. If life is so compelx and amazing, then isn't it silly to create something even more complex to explain it? This just confounds the problem, it doesn't explain anything at all. Even if it did prove that there was a god, which it doesn't even come close to doing, it doesn't prove anything about god, the same argument could be used for the Christian god, the Roman gods, the Islamic god...

I'm not going to share all my thoughts about god here, because I would be here for days, but I agree that many people who believe in God do not do so for rational reasons, and don't seem to have a problem with this. Believing in God seems to be part of their self identity in a way. Also I think its fair to say that most atheists aren't actually 100% certain that there is no God. The term "toothfairy agnostic" is popular to describe these people I think (which would be most athiests and many agnostics)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)