What is the hardest - easiest engineering course , (petroleum- - civil ?) (1 Viewer)

traiwit

HSC
Uni Grad
Im going to do engineering in uni next year. (UNSW)
I want to know which of engineering course is good for me.
now i'm doing math 4U 3U, physics,chem,engineering study and ESL
and i'm reckon to go to petroleum engineering, environmental engineering and civil engineering

my question is I've found the material part and forming process of engineering study course is very hard for me. and i'm good at chem/physics and ok with math
so what engineering course is good for me, i mean not much material stuff to learn and have more chem/physics

sorry for my poor english, i've been in australia just for a year :spin:
thank everyone :D

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
shouldnt you be picking the engineering you like, not the easiest engineering?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Hmm if we look at this career wise, mining is booming - hence mining engineers will be needed (sort of), biomedical engineers will be needed and civil/electrical engineer job prospects are fluctuating depending on the demand.

I have friends across the engineering prospect and I quote that they said that nothing is easy if you don't put your mind to it. Plus, wouldn't you want to do something that you enjoy (challenging or not)?!

Last edited:

munitz

HSC
mining booms got like 5-8 yrs left in it max.. and u have 5 years at uni.. i wouldnt base your choice on that aspect

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
^ Yeah I gotta agree. It seems like all job prospects (not just engineering) are dying or will die out in the near future.

traiwit

HSC
Uni Grad
i heard that petrol is running out ,so should i go for petroleum engineer ?
btw i'm fine to put effort in study, I just feel bad with the material stuff.
how about environmental or renewable engineering ? do they have to learn much about material stuff or do they have to use much Chem ?
and also civil ?

thank for every answer :D

munitz

HSC
yeh.. we are the renewable energy generation.. if you're doing engineering i would gear towards something in that aspect, electricity or environmental engineering might be a good idea
petroleum will be dead by the time you graduate ha

finance will always remain constant. if theres one thing in life that never changes, its the demand and management of money

HSC
i heard that petrol is running out ,so should i go for petroleum engineer ?
btw i'm fine to put effort in study, I just feel bad with the material stuff.
how about environmental or renewable engineering ? do they have to learn much about material stuff or do they have to use much Chem ?
and also civil ?

thank for every answer :D
are you fucking stupid or what

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Petroleum engineers will only become in more demand as reserves decrease and more skill to extract product is required.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
petrol will run out after our lifetime

and a lot of environmental and civil engineering is the same

munitz

HSC
demand for petrol will run out long before the supply ends i guarantee that
petroleum engineers definately will not grow more in demand.. as the resources run out.. costs will increase dramatically making it unviable to extract and renewable sources will replace it

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
demand for petrol will run out long before the supply ends i guarantee that
Yes, obviously.

petroleum engineers definately will not grow more in demand.. as the resources run out.. costs will increase dramatically making it unviable to extract and renewable sources will replace it
They certainly will increase in demand. Resources won't run out in our lifetime, so if someone started a petroleum engineering degree today they would still have the capacity to be employed as a petroleum engineering for the rest of their career.

traiwit

HSC
Uni Grad
OMG ! I don't know what to do now , I wanted to be petroleum since year 9, and now everyone against me my friends, my family.
i don't know maybe because they watch the news too much, they worry about petrol will run out and i will get no job in the future.
so what should i do ? keep doing what i want or do anything else like environmental engineering or civil engineering ?

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Do whatever it is that YOU want to do. There is no 'easy' engineering course.

traiwit

HSC
Uni Grad
what if i change the word "easy" to study less about material and have more of science ? what engineering course should i reckon ?

munitz

HSC
They certainly will increase in demand. Resources won't run out in our lifetime, so if someone started a petroleum engineering degree today they would still have the capacity to be employed as a petroleum engineering for the rest of their career.[/QUOTE]

i disagree. they wont run out in our lifetime, i agree to that. but that does not mean deman will remain constant, if economically viable renewable sources come into play. which is the most likely result within the next 10 years the way things are going. i would bet my life on it that petroleum will not be in demand 20-30 years from now at the peak of a person career.

munitz

HSC
Yes, obviously.

They certainly will increase in demand. Resources won't run out in our lifetime, so if someone started a petroleum engineering degree today they would still have the capacity to be employed as a petroleum engineering for the rest of their career.

i agree that supply will not run out. What im saying is that by the time he has finished his degree (with the way society is heading) there will no longer be any demand for petroleum as renewable energy sources are almost guaranteed to outstrip the petroleum sector within the next 10 to 15 years. Hence no more petroleum engineers

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
i agree that supply will not run out. What im saying is that by the time he has finished his degree (with the way society is heading) there will no longer be any demand for petroleum as renewable energy sources are almost guaranteed to outstrip the petroleum sector within the next 10 to 15 years. Hence no more petroleum engineers
more like 80-100 years and petrol is used for more than energy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)