What is Accounting like? (1 Viewer)

honsaw

HSC
N/A
What is the financial services ( Accounting) course like at ultimo tafe? do you on the computer all day or write stuff?

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
What is the financial services ( Accounting) course like at ultimo tafe? do you on the computer all day or write stuff?
i do it at baulkham hills tafe...its good...at first you write it but than u get to use myob...but writing i think is better because u understand the theory better :)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Out of interest what do you guys learn about in financial services accounting? And are all TAFE courses the same regardless of where you do them (i.e. common syllabus)?

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
Out of interest what do you guys learn about in financial services accounting? And are all TAFE courses the same regardless of where you do them (i.e. common syllabus)?
well its hard to say what we learn lol...we learn about ledgers mostly...like at the moment i am learning income tax, company accounting such as share and debentures and we do subjects such as advanced spreadsheets and business plans...and id say they are all the same throughout tafe...but just different books for each campus cuz the teacher selects them

honsaw

HSC
N/A
Thanks for the reply ^ do you know that after certificate 4, you can apply for diploma or advance diploma.. what is the difference. Can you just get a diploma then transfer to uni ? and how long do you have to study at uni to get bachelor degree ?

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
Thanks for the reply ^ do you know that after certificate 4, you can apply for diploma or advance diploma.. what is the difference. Can you just get a diploma then transfer to uni ? and how long do you have to study at uni to get bachelor degree ?
well the whole transferring thing doesnt matter...as you said in another thread i could go to uni now...as i am 22 lol...but if you are out of HS and u finish ur adv diploma i think maybe u get 1 year off UWS...and than maybe 2 more years for degree? or maybe 3 im not sure as i dont have any real interest on going to uni haha

honsaw

HSC
N/A
I was wondering, is there alot of group work? because i'm afraid of group assignments..

honsaw

HSC
N/A
I was wondering, is there alot of group work in accounting ? because i'm afraid of group assignments..

RDX

one8seven
HSC
Uni Grad
I was wondering, is there alot of group work in accounting ? because i'm afraid of group assignments..
In uni most of my Accounting subjects are weighted 30/70 (30% in semester assignments, 70% exam, also exam is a hurdle, so if you fail exam and have a Pass mark overall you will get dragged down to a fail mark.)

honsaw

HSC
N/A
some...but not a huge amount...theres more tests than assignments anyway :)
That's good because i prefer exams better than group assigments lol .. What are the assignments like at tafe? do you need to do speeches? >< Do you need to have any software at home such as the latest excel or myob? Around how many people are in your accounting class?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)