What is a good reason to change subjects? (1 Viewer)

jorie

HSC
I want to change from Geography to Retail Services. Reasons because the geo teacher is too hard to understand and i'll be stuck with her until HSC, and I just find what we learn boring

mnk63

HSC
If you're not particularly enjoying the content covered in the course, then by all means change to something you'd enjoy more. Geography's not a compulsory course; it's an elective. The purpose of your elective subjects (i.e. pretty much everything bar English and Maths) is to allow yourself to choose the subjects you're best at and which you enjoy the most.

Bottom line: if you find geo 'boring', then get the hell out of there. You do better in the courses you enjoy anyway.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm very end-game focused so my rationale for dropping/changing subjects was I was not getting good marks out of it (i.e. it may not have counted in my overall ATAR/UAI) and it required a disproportionate amount of effort to achieve these mediocre marks - i.e. the effort would be better spent elsewhere.

Whilst enjoying a subject usually helps you do better in it, for me, it was all about planning to optimise the end result.

the_matrix

HSC
I wrote a letter to my deputy principal explaining why I wanted to change subject. The main reason was because I was not enjoying the current subject and believed that the other subject that I wanted to do had much more relevance to what I aspire to study in university.

fyi a change of heart is a very weak reason and if you've got a mean deputy + lots of people in the subject you want to do, then its quite likely that you won't get into that subject. Just try your best to relate your decision and reasons to your future career/tertiary study ambitions and it should be fine!

si2136

HSC
N/A
If you don't find a good reason, just get your parents to talk to the principal and it'll work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)