What happens at YOUR Graduation/Last Day? (1 Viewer)

bitchy girl

HSC
N/A
1. at 7:30am breakfast
2. drove back to school
3. graduation assembly where we cried .. laughed.. memories since yr 7 been retold ..
4. after party
=)

lindataylor

HSC
our school has a breakfast at the school then after that is our 'muck up assembly' where we get to host it and do performances and show videos that we've made about our school or year, our drama class is doing a video and its going really well so far, i just hope people laugh lol
then we go home and come back at 5 (ew) for our Graduation - a full on formal thing then the next day is our formal in the city which is awesome - then after party where we party like its 1999 in a club we hired out
then we start to think about hsc lol

anyone started studying full seriously yet?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
wow some of you have graduated early... we dont graduate till after our formal, so it'll be about the 28th... basically once everyone has recovered from the mass pissup that the after-formal party will inevitably become, we rock up to school for a formal assembly, lots of teachers make boring speeches, we get our reports, awards are given out, there's some songs, the national anthem like usual, and probably a few motivational speeches from past students... then we go home. pretty tame. we would have a muck up day except that our anal new deputy principal basically threatened us with expulsion/criminal prosecution if we did. as much as i like that woman sometimes i just want to give her a good kick in the spine... oh well. school's almost over!!!!!!! :D

vg_woz_here

HSC
we dont graduate til the end of term...29th sept =\

its just a formal 2hr or so assembly...blah blah blah...then its morning tea....

ane_st

HSC
Our grad is this thursday.... We have a practice thing during the day...

In period 6 we have a clap out of our school *tear*...

Grad is then at 7.30 that night.... Until i have no idea!! But this chick is having our entire grade for an after party.... Woooooooo

My formal is on the 23rd of Nov... yea!!!

o.0kangzo.0

HSC
we have graduation is 2 days (OMG!!) and yeah i dont know whats gonna happen ill find out tomorrow and then our very last day we're having a bbq at bundeen, royal national park and yeah i think we all want to go there because theres not many people around i think. but yeah it should be good looking forward to these days =D

clairejw

HSC
On our third last day, we have 2 lessons, then we have our house farewells, a BBQ lunch, the signing of the Graduation Book.
Second last day we have a breakfast, followed by a whole school farewell liturgy, then muck-up.
Last day, we have an Awards Ceremony, then that night we have our Graduation Mass followed by dinner.

P

pLuvia

Graduation is tomorrow day/night, we get our year 12 profile folders + subject awards

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Our graduation will mainly be an assembly tomorrow morning, plus a farewell dinner on Friday.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Graduation Ceremony was this morning.

Good to see the class of 06 in formal school uniform. The ceremony was quite long with a number of inspirational speeches, special awards, accolades and congratulations all round. I finally now have my last high school report including final rankings and my awards for placing. The ceremony was followed by a class of 06 clap out.

BlackDragon

HSC
ours is the best i've heard of. valedictory goes for two days.

day 1: up until 11:00 am is muck up day. where we have heaps of fun, have a party in the locker room and to heaps of pranks. its fully endorsed by our school as long as its not destructive.

11:15: morning tea with the teacher. where we meet up with all our teachers and thank them and stuff. its also the time where every signs everyone else school shirt.

11:45 - 1:45 - a big barbeque for all the year 12's. we have fun, play a bit of sport. etc.

1:45 - 3:30 - Yr 12's final assembly. (we have assembly's every week but this is the last one and its dedicated to us). in it, the head prefect of the following year makes a funny speech about us, then a serious speech about us. the headmaster has a speech about us. we recieve all of our sporting, music, drama, art and academic awards. then yr 12 has a speech where we make fun of all our teachers, and thank them. (its really funny) and we show the yr 12 movie we created, (which also is very funny)

7:00 - Late at Night - Year 12 party on the school grounds. Mad fun!

10 AM the following day: Morning tea on the chapel lawn with all of yr 12, teachers and parents. where we take final photos.

11 AM: short chapel service.

11:20: the whole school and all the parents of year twelve line the main drive of the school on both sides and in silence, in two rows, we process through the school from kindy to year 11, into the assembly hall for a ceremony. the lining of the drive is a VERY big tradition.

11:30 - 1:00 - Ceremony where, among lots of other things, we all light candles, sing the school hymn, blow them out and then leave the hall for the last time.

1:00 - 3:30 - Valedictory Lunch - All the students and parents and important people of the school have an formal lunch. where everyone eats, drinks and talks. all the prizes, citizenship awards, etc are awarded. and the yr 11's are our waiters.

after a speech of the head master, and a special guest, and all the prizes. we process out of the dining hall, and leave the school for the last time.

and thats it. woah that was long.

Last edited:

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
8.30 am BBQ breakfast + photo time
10.00 assembly and everybody's name read out
12.00 lunch at a function centre + speeches

ms.JESS

HSC
Well .. we have a school based graduation where the whole school is present. Captains say funny speeches with memories, a nominated teacher gives a speech etc. & before this assembly we walk out two by two and meet eachother half way and then walk down the isle of the assembly together to music & then sit at the front. It was really pretty because there was balllons that we walked through. After assembly year 11 create a guard of honour that we walk through and meet the teachers at the end and then go home.

Later that night though, because we are a catholic school we have to come back for a mass and prize giving ceremony. Etc.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
We had our graduation mass/dinner last night:

6pm - mass

7:30pm - Entree and welcome speech

8:15pm - dinner

9:15pm - speech from a teacher and two students

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
had ours last thursday. it was pretty well as usual... our year adviser sounded like she was going to cry, there were a few funny speeches, there were awards and things... and then this slideshow of photos from across the years, that was cool even though it did sorta stuff up.
friday some of us came back to school for the heck of it and had a big shirt signing partying crying hugging sugar-infused shebang, twas fun.

gracerawl88

HSC
Ours rocked! we all dressed up as pirates n took the school hostage, had teachers put in stocks and then made them go down a water slide. so much fun, and everyone had a good time. filled some teachers cars up with newspaper, and our school hall with over 600 balloons. long night that was...

our formals not til after the hsc finishes, the 17th, and coz country town, its pretty dodge. have to make do tho, good tho mainly coz we only have a class of 20ish, so we can have partners.

sherro

HSC
Thursday night
- chapel service with all year 12s and parents/teachers
- valedictory dinner - prizes and portfolios handed out guest speaker etc
- big party

Friday
- muck up stuff
- breakfast with parents and teachers --> good hang over cure
- house farwells
- chapel with year 11 --> very emotional
- muck up assembly - take the piss out of school
- formal assembly --> school faces us cap and vice cap talk lots of tears
- walk out through the quad lined by the school saying goodbyes --> more tears

Friday night
- Scav hunt --> We won!

yal14h

HSC
Ours was the best I've heard of.

Wednesday- we has our last day of school/last "normal" assembly. ABout 12 of us were sitting up 5 stories overlooking the assembly, ready to waterbomb, when the principal got tipped off and busted us lol.

Thursday- we has an assembly dedicated to us. Speeches from reps of every grade, reports handed out, our captains and principal made some speeches. Then we went straight to a 2 hour concert I helped organise and co-hosted. It showed heaps of HSC drama, music, movies we've made and bands with yr 12 students and teachers. It went off! I've never seen students from my school so exciited and pumped up before.
After the concert we had a lunch with all the teachers, then came back into the hall to watch the Yr 12 farewell video I made with 2 of my best mates. It went perfect- everyone loved it and everyone was in tears afterwards- even teachers and the principal, who'se I guy, I might ad.
That night had a huge party. But I didn't go coz I'd had 4 hours sleep in the last 48 hours because I was so busy with the video/concert. I heard everyone else had fun though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)