What happens at YOUR Graduation/Last Day? (1 Viewer)

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
I'm just wondering what all you guys do on the last day of year 12 to be farewelled?

Assembly? Dinner? Organised BBQ? A party? Speeches?

I'm sure there'll be time for....
+photos, tears, hugs, handshakes, goodbyes

Last edited:

kathjs

HSC
on the second last day we had a breakfast at school, and they gave us back the letters we wrote to ourselves in year seven. On tyhe last day we have our formal assembly and then a lunch organised by the year 11's. it was nice.

s0k0y0e0

HSC
Well since my last day was today; i'll let you know what we did :)

Umm; firstly yesterday we had a whole school assebly with awards & stuff and then a mass at night with family and just year 12's; then this mornign we had breaky at school with the teachers and we had jumping castles; gladiator games; volleyball; music; fairy floss; ice-cream...and on; it was great!

Oh and today was our "muck-up/activities day!".

LiL_JeN_JeN

WTF is Goonie Goo Goo
HSC
Wed was our last day/muck up day where we didnt muck up coz of our anal principal. We had a whole school assembly (Wed routine) but it was slightly extended coz it was our last one ever (thank God) and there were randoms saying Farewell and then the Captain got up and said Marco so our grade said Polo...and yeah it was ok.
Yesterday was our brekky on the beach and that was ok...until I realised later that arvo my left knee was sunburnt and it hurts! And seein our Yr. Advisor in Speedos was not pretty either *vomits*
Today we graduated and it was really good (except for me not being able to see the projector screen coz the fuckin lectern was in my way *pulls out angry eyes*)

HSC
we had muckup day thursday somebody cemented a toilet to the front of our school, friday (today) at jamberoo it was alot of fun, and then on tues during stuvac is graduation day

and on the 14th (or 16th?) of november, is "year 12 farewell bbq" then that same night is formal, cool stuff, i wish we had graduation after hsc though :( during stuvac is a little eek

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
On our second last day we had a private year 12 assembly with Gough Whitlam where he spoke to us and where there was time for a few questions. Later that day we had a graduation assembly with the school (which was also a farewell for out grade deputy and our deputy year adviser). A lot of speeches were made at that one and we were hootin' and hollerin' whenever our grade was mentioned (there was even the traditional speech from a representative of each grade directed at us, at the end of which two students from year 12 reply to them)

Yesterday we had the student/teacher breakfast which is a good event for speaking to some of your teachers. After that we had out FLOP performance which consists of us putting on a show for the rest of the school containing videos, musical acts, pantomime and sentimental moments of mass singing and laps around the hall. That night we had our graduation ceremony and dinner (where I missed out on all the food :p) which was also awash with sentiment. As our leaving deputy put it, it's "a two day celebration of year 12" (... and then we had an afterparty). It was a lot of fun (very emotional at times) and it was great to be sent off amongst so many great events.

still waiting

HSC
On our last school day on tuesday we got to wear our summer uniform with variations, eg we all wore high heels, paid out a chick in year 9 by all wearing our hair exactly like hers, tons and tons of jewelery etc etc, we didnt go to class, just wandered around taking photos signing stuff etc and then after lunch we put on a concert for the whole school it was so much fun, but at the end we had a slideshow etc and it was so sad i think there was only like two people that didnt cry,
on the wednesday was our actual graduation, we had the ceremony at angel place then a mass in st marys cathedral then went to a dinner at the stamford plaza in double bay, then we went out after and got so drunk,it was so much fun,
we have our ball after the hsc which will be even better,

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
Ours was Thursday.
We had breakfast at school in the morning, lots of photos and some tears. Then we had the formal assembly at 11, with the usual speeches and musical items, and more tears. Then there was lunch and signing of our shirts, then our "Year 12 Spectacular" wich was absolutely fantastically hilarious!
After the concert some of us packed us the music gear, and it was the last time we'll ever cart drumkits across the school.

Thursday night we had our scavenger hunt, which was an absolute blast. At the end we had to relocate millions of times. We went Marathon staduim, back of Broady maccas, marathon, tennis club, blackbutt reserve and then someones house.
Although one group managed to write off their car which was not cool.

But the whole last week we had themed days where we all dressed up. Monday was punk/emo day, Tuesday was bogan day, where most of the year looked like they were about to jump up and start building something, and Wednesday was 60's/70's day, which was hilarious because half the grade were hippies and the othre half looked like they'd stepped straight out of Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Last edited:

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
For us, it's a bbq, assembly where certificates are given out with a handshake with the principal, then there's lunch at some restaurant where parents are invited to join...

Aimz- Lou.

Ours was on Thursday. We had our fromal graduation assembly, where we all got our portfolios, and a representative from the junior school and one from year eleven gave speeches, then the captains respond. Our music class performed, which was fun... Then in the afternoon we all dressed up crazy (Seriously- one guy dressed up as a cow...) And went out on the streets to raise money for youth suicide and the southcare helicopter. We raised $2, 290.20. That night we had a party at someones house, and some of our teachers came for a while. It was a great day.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Our day is quite formal.

In the morning is a Graduation ceremony.

That involves the presentation of prizes, speeches by the captain, headmaster, and a guestspeaker (This year an old boy who is now a lecturer of law at usyd), the presentation of a certificate to each student, and a few hymns

At night is the valedictary dinner at the superdome

Redkoala

HSC
Does anyone put on a performance? We are trying to get one together, but we don't have any ideas. any help?
Jay Dub

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
people usually do a performance which could relate back to their year's musical or even what prefects had organised earlier that year.

and if you're going to do something which has been done before, do it well! otherwise be original

xx__savannah

HSC
On our last day we have a Grad Mass in the morning, then a small luncheon and finger food thingy put on in our school basement, catered by Yr 11 hospo. After the luncheon we have an informal assembly, where we act as the teachers, poking fun of them and ourselves, and Powerpoint presentations of photos of us, also made by Year 11. Straight after that is a formal assembly, where there are speeches and presentations of academic awards.

The day after that the combined churches of our town put on a breakfast for all the schools in the area, not sure if I'm going or not -- I mean, 8am the day after graduation is a bit hard...

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
I can be sure of one thing on my last day: There will be no Muck-Up nonsense.

well, either that, or we risk expulsion/cancellation of HSC

Riviet

HSC
N/A
We're allowed to have a muck up day. It's probably going to be water bombs (at the least). :D

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
we have graduation on the second last day of term, then on the last day all year 12 and important teachers etc go to bicenntenial park i think it is for a massive picnic day out. :D

the picnic always ends in tears though, even though we know we'll see each other in a couple of weeks for english paper 1 anyway :p

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
The formal is on the Tuesday 26th September and the graduation ceremony is on Thursday 28th September were the entire school, family and friends are invited to attend.

Year 12 receive their report, special awards and prizes to celebrate the last two years of our schooling lives. Following the ceremony we can go home or what most people will be doing go out and party. :)

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
hey kid! make one more post and u get 1000 posts! hahaha I spose this post will be irrelevant soon... but either way ill make it productive by saying that yeh our graduation is similar with all those awards and prizes and gifts and reports being given out :)

HSC
P_dilemma... omg i heard that your school is having security on monday?
OMG ... i was going to go egg your school -_-" jks..

my school .. apparently we have a FUN week .. or day.. not sure.. but we can muck up a little, BUT we pay for it and clean it up .. so its not really worth ... i heard peno high had broguht a cow to their school ! how funny.. cause they can only walk up, but not walk down...

as for Grad.

we have a last assembly.. and YAng wants to sing forever young heheheh GO YAng.. i'll sing with you lolx..

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)