• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What Guys Want (1 Viewer)

Just_a_Second

HSC
I was hoping for some advice from any guys out there: what do you want in a girl? For relationship purposes too, not just sex. I've heard a lot of people say 'personality' but what type of personality traits?

How important is intelligence or lack there of (I mean would you be more likely to go for an airhead than an intellectual).

How shallow are you really? Would you take looks over personality? Do you really find the models in magazines more attractive than real girls?

And lastly, where do all the intellectual singles hang out?! I can't find any!
Sorry if all that sounds like a survey but I'm completely oblivious. :confused:

Be brutally honest.​

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
ok lets be brutally honest:

guys get bored when you talk about your feelings
guys get bored when you cry and whinge and bitch if it lasts for more than 5 minutes
guys get bored when you dont let them go out with their mates
guys get bored when you tell them what to do, especially if it involves them giving up something else they love
a guy will forever hate you if you bag one of his friends without VERY good reason
guys get bored when they dont get enough sex
guys get bored when girls think or analyse too much, but also get bored if they're dating a brainless girl for more than 6 months
guys get bored when you talk about how you look and get depressed about it too much
guys get annoyed when you start hinting. hints dont get through, you dont get what you want and you cry or whinge. guy gets annoyed.
guys want a fun, laid back, sexy woman with brains, who's hardworking and ambitious who's good at sex. basically.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
yeah just have zing, i like girls with zing

i would take a fun girl, who is real good at flirting at actually pays attention to me and gives me " i want you" signal over some dumb blonde who lets me stick it in and move it in and out

fun girls, like gawd they are so much better, girls who actually enjoy life, dont bitch or complain and its not an act. You can be vulnerable and complain sometimes, its only human but guys like the girls who are genuinely excited and in a good mood or the time

come up to me and criticise me, i dont care aslong as its in a fun way and shows your inteligence = best way to pick up for a girl

Just_a_Second

HSC
So, basically don't complain and put out? And here I was thinking there was more to men! Where did I get that from? Cheers guys.

davin

HSC
N/A
i just want a smart girl that is unique and interesting
things like, wit, and, in limited amounts, sarcasm. couple "nerdish" tendancies don't hurt.

oh, and they have to tolerate me. beyond that, i'm good to go.

How shallow are you really? Would you take looks over personality? Do you really find the models in magazines more attractive than real girls?
not familiar with magazine models....but personally....personality over looks without a doubt. anyway, the main features that i really note are her smile and her eyes...body less so. though i'm personally not a fan of this new trend with the idea being that the female body shouldn't have curves. i'm much more a fan of historical ideals of beauty in that sense, where it allowed for more curves

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
azzie said:
a guy will forever hate you if you bag one of his friends without VERY good reason
Siff. I actually have a lot of respect for a woman who can be upfront about her feelings, as well as her thoughts on my mates.

What I want:
1. Honesty and trust. Extremely important.
2. Respects my independence, and won't ask questions when I, for example, spend the day out alone with a close female friend.
3. Intelligent.
4. Different to me (be it politically, interest-wise, etc whatever). Stupid little arguments over pointless shit make relationships fun.
5. Doesn't get offended when I act like an obnoxious prick, and doesn't take it too personally when her fishing for compliments results in me telling her "I'd say that dress makes you look fat, but that'd be an understatement", just to annoy her.

And I'd reciprocate these things.

Last edited:

Oddy Nocki

HSC
N/A
Just_a_Second said:

And lastly, where do all the intellectual singles hang out?! I can't find any!
Sorry if all that sounds like a survey but I'm completely oblivious.
We know that models aren't real. We aren't completely retarded. We forgive imperfections so don't worry. It depends on animal lust I'll fuck an attractive girl over an interesting one but if I want a relationship a girl with comic timing is a must. I don't need much else. If I want thinking then I'll go to my friends, that why the're my friends. I don't want to fuck them I want to fuck you. I'll you have to do is not piss me off and be able to carry a conversation. That's it, period.

As for intellectual guys? fuck them. They think they are privy to some sort of knowledge that no one knows. They aren't. I wish I thought life was that complex. That perhaps there was something more. And that I understood it. But I'm not a wanker. With that being said, good luck to them, and their understanding. I mean, without them I would no one to make fun of. And while they talk about how much they know about life. And that they are privy to deep and rich understanding. I'll be out learning about it. You are better off with someone that treats you right and is out to become a better person regardless of whether you are with him or not. You shouldn't be the reason he want to become a man. He should want to become one because that is what growing up is all about.
And besides who wants to talk to someone with a complex ( I've thought everything and because of this I an smarter then you and will always be). Fuck that. They don't know shit. They will only bring you down with their holy then thou attitude. I know what I see and what I understand and draw conclusion from that. Very few do this. It's ashame because only through self reflection can people move forward.

Is this what you want a man who know everything (or at less pretends he does). Or someone who strives to better with or without you?

Thought: I shouldn't post when drunk.

HSC
a sense of humour, if i see agirl laughing alot, or making me laugh alot (could be sarcastic, jokes, making ass of herself or whatever) i am attracted too her instantly

Skeeta

HSC
guys want a girl who will
be a milf
make his friends jealous
give him space
let him do what he wants
then have smoochy time when no-ones around

Mongke

HSC
Just_a_Second said:

Be brutally honest.​
well, if you want partner material then look for that. its really, really, that simple. unless of course you have no idea what you want and are just shooting blanks hoping youll hit someone you like. dont try and give him what he wants, find some one who YOU like, thats the whole idea...

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
azzie said:
ok lets be brutally honest:

guys want a fun, laid back, sexy woman with brains, who's hardworking and ambitious who's good at sex. basically.
thats a lie

for the thread starter every guy wants different things- sure we place a great deal on looks and sex at times, but the rest of the time its up to how u relate to someone else. be yourself and ull be bound to meet someone

better than acting/pretending to be something you are not just because you are lonely..its much better meeting someone who likes you because you get her drunk and whatnot while she is passed out

sure nachos r great, but i had a milkshake today that would have knocked your socks off

sure they made me pay an extra 80 cents cause i looked at the takeaway menu instead of the in house menu, but why should i pay 80 cents to sit in a fucking seat

~~~~:mad:

alby

cool duckie
HSC
azzie said:
guys get bored when you tell them what to do, especially if it involves them giving up something else they love
not just giving up something...and not just bored. my bf gets cut at me when i tell/remind him that the dishes need to be done (up front or saying "there's no spoons left")..i guess that's what you get for a guy who has 3 sisters and isnt living at home anymore (yay for uni students lol).
azzie said:
i'm with waf on this. i know of many guys (bf, ex's and friends) who dont care if you talk about feelings.
i think the general rule is you can talk about or do stuff, just as long as you dont go on about or do it 24/7

tres bien

you suck.
HSC
N/A
How in hell am I going to know what guys want? Man, they really shit me. I've tried everything, and I cannot get the attention of any guy. I have a fantastic personality, a sense of humour, an okay figure (no wait, a GOOD figure), I think I am fine in the looks department (I am really doing my best to be modest here), and I am normally a happy person. But nooooo it's not good enough. No guys look at me, I feel ugly, I have no self esteem, I'm a bitter woman, and now it seems like I don't have a sense of humour. I guess I'll just laugh this off.

/end rant

Just_a_Second, I'm sure this has been done a million times before (use the Search tool).

tres bien

you suck.
HSC
N/A
I forgot to mention, I have a short skirt and a looong jacket, but no guy.

HSC
you have good sense of humour!! id talk too you, i can never stop laughing

tres bien

you suck.
HSC
N/A
brogan77 said:
I am a guy...zOMG...WERE LYKE T3H PURRRRFECT MATCH!
I don't want some internetting loser like you brogan. I don't think thejosiekiller is as much of a loser as you, but I don't want him either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)