• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What font is your MW and RS? (1 Viewer)

What font have you chosen for your MW and RS?

• Total voters

timmay05

HSC
Comic Sans is used for effect... the longest string of words in it in a row is about 45.

I am just saying that Times New Roman was a font designed for the screen, not for print. It is fine on most printers, but on really high res. ones it doesn't look quite as good!

Arvin Sloane

We are not amused.
HSC
What—The original ‘Times New Roman’ was designed by a newspaper to be used, obviously, in print! The version designed by Microsoft is a narrower variant of the original, but that does not change its purpose—as a serif font is it designed and intended for print! If not how can you explain the myriad of books, articles, government documents that use Times New Roman?

Arial, on the other hand, as a sans-serif font, was stolen by Microsoft (who ripped of Helvetica) to look good on screen.

It’s, unless I’m mistaken, all fairly obvious.

timmay05

HSC
Sorry... I was speaking about the Microsoft Version...

I have personal preference to more round fonts... thats all..

C

Crazy Pomo

Arial is a superior font. I used Arial for my MW (short play), and for reflection I used TNR (note the use of abbreviation for TNR due to its inferiority as a typographic entity.) Some may scoff and say; "Your mad! TNR is a far more sophisticated font" and all the pseudo - intellectuals will say; "...And anyway, you did a stage play drama boy, I would've thought you of all people would use the wonderful TNR..." I used Arial to enhance the readability of my play to assist in its phsychological assessment, and also because TNR is so archaic and dead that I wouldn't be seen within a sixteen kilometre radius of someone who thinks TNR is appropriate for scripting ... unless it is a naturalist drama.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)