What font is your MW and RS? (1 Viewer)

What font have you chosen for your MW and RS?

• Total voters

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
So there's been much heated discussion on this topic, but what font have we all ended up choosing for our MW and RS?
I chose Ariel for MW and Times new roman for RS.
If you choose "other", please specify.

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
i thought BOS specifies that it must be Arial/Times, size 12, line spacing of 2pt

.. that could just be me

hurry people - there is still 17minutes left until we must cease work on our majors ^^;

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
Times New Roman looks alot better in print than Arial does.. TNR ftw :p

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
I'm not going to get into an argument about this again... Can't we just accept that for certain forms and certain MW's either font may look better?

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
fleepbasding said:
I'm not going to get into an argument about this again... Can't we just accept that for certain forms and certain MW's either font may look better?
Argument? lol .. I was just stating that I like TNR better in print, as opposed to Arial. I wasn't expecting anyone to get defensive :p

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
If the syllabus didn't specifically state Arial or TNR, I definately would've used something else

scoby_2000

HSC
Jayphen said:
If the syllabus didn't specifically state Arial or TNR, I definately would've used something else

pffft.....wateva

i did courier new for my screenplay (coz they always are....)

and times for rs

Insouciance

HSC
I went for TNR on account that my RS was a bit over the limit and it made it smaller. And it look nicer at 12pt.

I would've used a 9.5 font if BOS hadn't put forth guidelines. But meh. It's over, yay! :rolleyes:

bonniejjj

HSC
I used both Times New Roman and Arial- my story was a sort of parallel narrative, (occuring predominantly in a dream-underworld and a hospital) so I used the serif font because it seems more... dreamlike and poetic I suppose. Arial has a more clinical feel, so basically I used font to differentiate setting and mood... Oh and I used TNR for my RS and bibliography.

get_born

bonniejjj said:
I used both Times New Roman and Arial- my story was a sort of parallel narrative, (occuring predominantly in a dream-underworld and a hospital) so I used the serif font because it seems more... dreamlike and poetic I suppose. Arial has a more clinical feel, so basically I used font to differentiate setting and mood... Oh and I used TNR for my RS and bibliography.
ok just asking are you supposed to attatch the bibliography to the reflection statment?

bonniejjj

HSC
last_chance said:
ok just asking are you supposed to attatch the bibliography to the reflection statment?
There seems to be some confusion about this... I'm not actually sure what the board requirements for this are, but our teacher required us to submit a carefully constructed bibliography with the reflection statement. To answer your question, I only know what my class and myself did, so thats all I can tell you...

timmay05

HSC
Major work is in:

Times New Roman
Centaur
Comic Sans
Dan's Hand
Vivaldi
Century Gothic

Reflection Statement is in Times New Roman, except when I quote my major work when I use what ever the original font was.

timmay05

HSC
Jayphen said:
Times New Roman looks alot better in print than Arial does.. TNR ftw :p

NO! Times New Roman was designed for screen use, it is really tacky in print, so much better fonts for in print!

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
timmay05 said:
NO! Times New Roman was designed for screen use, it is really tacky in print, so much better fonts for in print!
Meh, like I said - personal opinion.
Most people are used to reading stuff printed in TNR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)