what exactly constitutes a related text? (1 Viewer)

moriarty

HSC
probably an obvious question, but are the texts strictly artistic?
can you use texts such as Hazlitt's Spirit of the Age?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
probably an obvious question, but are the texts strictly artistic?
can you use texts such as Hazlitt's Spirit of the Age?
No.

I used a Korean movie, a Daughtry song, an article regarding the Kosovo War, and a painting among other things as related texts.

I got 87.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I strongly advise against using songs, unless you can analyse the compositional elements of the song (and not just the lyrical elements).

avro

HSC
A related text is any form of media (written, visual, aural etc) that relates to your core texts and/or the themes associated with your Module. Although this is for Ext 1, I know a girl who is using an artwork as one of her Belonging related texts. When using other forms of media other than written, it is extremely important to analyse all aspects of the text. This includes wardrobe and soundtrack for movies, pitch/tone/volume for speeches and monologues, and visual features for artworks and photographs (colour, tone, texture, contrast).

Cl324

HSC
N/A
I strongly advise against using songs, unless you can analyse the compositional elements of the song (and not just the lyrical elements).
Even if you can english markers will not be able to understand the musical jargon so just dont do songs in general

ziaa

HSC
In your opinion would William Hazlitt's the Ignorance of the Learned (essay) be a good related text for Romanticism?

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
^ Essays are quite interesting if you can do them well and discuss the techniques as well as the form/intent appropriately. I generally find it's a lot easier to analyse novels and poetry though. Those that did essays in my cohort either got great marks or cut down, it can easily go either way if you're not careful. The essay itself looks good though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)