What electives do/did you do in yrs9/10? (1 Viewer)

Electives

• Music

Votes: 40 14.9%
  • Computer Studies

Votes: 110 40.9%
  • Commerce

Votes: 150 55.8%
  • Visual Art

Votes: 57 21.2%
  • Wood Tech

Votes: 25 9.3%
  • Metal tech

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Tech drawing

Votes: 21 7.8%
  • Agriculture

Votes: 8 3.0%
  • Sport Science

Votes: 23 8.6%
  • Other

Votes: 160 59.5%

• Total voters

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
I did History, which was much more interesting than mandatory history, Computer Studies, which was a bludge and i regret doing (especially now im dropping software) and French, which unfortunately I had to give up after yr 9 to accelerate in Physics. I wish I was still doing a language, but then again I already have 17 units and thats plenty .
I never know you can choose history as elective on top of the compulsory one, but what did you guys learn in this history elective?

Anyway, I did 3 electives:
Computing Studies - did nothing other than play games and surf the net.
Music - did nothing too other than play instruments (only very little theory)
Communication - force to do this just because I am overseas student. The most boring subject ever. We did movie appreciation almost every week and debate on some useless topic.

polkadottsrule

HSC
^^ you are so lucky!! we do like TONS of theory and only sometimes do pracs for music...but the teacher is awsome so its all good...

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
back in the long long long time ago land
idid as for my electives
drama=kept on as i looooooooooooooove it
music = which i now offically dropped
french i hated it but my dad foreced me to do dammm french

*sparklez...

HSC
OMGOSH!! it took me a while to remember the electives that i've done less than two years ago LMAO
well...i guess i'm the typical student: commerce, computing studies and film & video (all of which were a waste of time)

xx__savannah

HSC
I did Computing Studies and Art. Loved Computers in Year 9 because I flogged everyone, but with a new teacher in year 10 I fell to third. Sorta glad I did though, they wanted to accelerate me into IPT. I only did Art because no-one at my school wanted to do Commerce, but I ended up topping Art, which moreorless became one big debate with my bitch of a teacher over interpretations of artworks.

sal...

HSC
i did computer, food and drama.. at my school these are the electives i remember being avaliable but some were only introduced to yr 9s this year,
food, drama, computers, commerce, art, french, history, pass(physical education and sport skills), circus, wood, auto, metal, sewing, design and tech, music, ag, tech drawing and i am sure there were more but i cant remember..

Last edited:

frieda

Premium Member
HSC
when i was in year nine (last year) they changed some of the names and courses i think? wood tech is now timber technology, computing studies - information software technology (IST), Asian Studies - cultural studies, etc etc =]

btw
im doing Commerce, IST and VA

Dragie

HSC
I did Drama and Commerce

Drama was the funniest subject coz my teacher chucked tantrums every few days and we never did anything. Good times...

D

daniel213

I did Food Technology and Computing Studies

doing computing studies was the biggest mistake i have ever done, i thought i would actually learn more about computers not any of this dodgy excel spreadsheet and crap like that.

seeing i work in a computer shop and fix, build and everything to computers it was a very big disappointment :(

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
year nine : commerce, chinese and wars (history elective.)
year ten: same.

shuld've done french instead of chinese. french is.. leh magnifisaunt. =/

fattyma

HSC
i did music, commerce and elective history in yr 9 then continued with commerce in yr 10. i dont really regret it but sometimes when i was in yr 10 i wish i kept music instead of commerce cuz of my teacher.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
I did commerce and Technics for both 9 and 10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)