What do you guys think of the Western Sydney guys supporting the hamas attack on the israelites and rallying over this? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAArated

HSC
I reckon you actually read through - I agree the last few posts have been very erratic - I'd like to hear someone else's opinion 😭
i have read most of it and most of it just consists of this ACE guy and wollongong kid ranting about how bad israel is and how palestine is so pure and good and deserves everyones sympathy and the western media is shit and what they are saying must be right

hehe43

HSC
yes thats the goal, im pre sure (almost) everyone wants that outcome but most people take a side because they feel one is just morally right compared to the other/ bias/ all that stuff. but like im sure no one would want the innocent people to be harmed from either side. ig its more like people trying to raise awareness or do something for the side they support instead of just saying hopes and prayers, and that leads to aggression with others.
Nah bro I don't want that I want to see those children dead it's the way forward for peace in the middle east

year10studentpreparin

HSC
Look if you've all agreed to end this conversation I really don't want to drag it on but all I'll say is this is a complicated situation and while you have the right to an opinion, you also have an obligation to ensure your opinion is well-researched and accounts for the nuance at play. When you see the death toll of civilians, it is easy to get enraged at both sides, but research the validity of the statistics, and try account for them.

You may have heard the government and media being called 'hypocritical' in its defense of Israel when it didn't defend Gaza from "atrocities" that have supposedly occurred in Gaza. But note that Israel actually receded from Gaza in 2005, allowing it self-governance. You may have heard that Israel "continued to commit war crimes and occupy Palestine" although further research would reveal that this is exaggerated, and even where Israel has had involvement in Gaza, it is largely in retaliation to attacks by Hamas, for instance the 'kite bombs' in 2018 and many before that.

You may have heard that during this war, Israel has told Palestinians to evacuate and then blocked their attempts to do so. But then upon researching more, you may learn that Israel actually secured roads for Palestinian use, and attempts to keep citizens of Gaza at home or block roads were done by Hamas. You may even find that Daniel Hagari (in IDF) shared forensic analysis into visuals of the bombing of a hospital, saying that the attack came from Gaza itself. Of course, you should take that with some skepticism, but also shouldn't immediately reject its value. You should continue to research and find out more information. Follow what other experts outside the region say about the images and videos in the coming days to try understand more about the situation.

I think I've made my opinion on the topic fairly obvious, but even though I have an opinion, it's continuing to evolve and I'm continuing to research more to understand better the situation. I really just hope that all of you can act with some scepticism over your own opinions and continue to find out more. And this applies to how you message on BOS and other social media as well - speak in a way that recognises that this isn't a simple matter. Speak in a way that shows you're willing to listen to others. And then actually listen to others. Even if you ultimately don't change your overarching view, it's important to keep making that opinion more informed, educated and ultimately valid.
damn this wins it for me.
true tho bro Hamas were the ones who were blocking palestineans from moving out after israel evacuated them

year10studentpreparin

HSC
LOL THIS IS SO FUNNY GO EDUCATE URSELF. THIS IS PROOF THAT THE WESTERN MEDIA IS FEEDING U BULLSHIT. If someone took ur house away are u gonna fking stand there. The reason Gaza is attacking Israel is BECAUSE ISRAEL INVADED PALESTINE. The 6 year old Palestinian boy in America that got stabbed my the "Israeli". Did u guys see that on western news. They showed it as hate crime against Muslim AND DID NOT ONCE MENTION THAT THE BOY WAS PALESTINEAN AND GUY THAT STABBED AND MURDERED HIM WAS ISRAELI! If the tables were turned the headlines would have been very different. Guys this isnt hate against jews. It's hate against zionists. There are jews standing on Palestine's side. A former Israeli solider was saying how the stuff he were doing was wrong and how at heart he knew he was wrong but still took all those innocent lives. Please go educate urselves. Further proof on how some ppl dont even know what they're saying is when Justin Bieber, James curtin posted Gaza and Palestinian children and captioned it praying for Israel. Mate thats Palestine in background. 😂😂
tbh u cant just say blindly believe western media when u get ur news from aljazeera or some conservative muslim dude on twitter or insta lol

year10studentpreparin

HSC
why tf
LOL THIS IS SO FUNNY GO EDUCATE URSELF. THIS IS PROOF THAT THE WESTERN MEDIA IS FEEDING U BULLSHIT. If someone took ur house away are u gonna fking stand there. The reason Gaza is attacking Israel is BECAUSE ISRAEL INVADED PALESTINE. The 6 year old Palestinian boy in America that got stabbed my the "Israeli". Did u guys see that on western news. They showed it as hate crime against Muslim AND DID NOT ONCE MENTION THAT THE BOY WAS PALESTINEAN AND GUY THAT STABBED AND MURDERED HIM WAS ISRAELI! If the tables were turned the headlines would have been very different. Guys this isnt hate against jews. It's hate against zionists. There are jews standing on Palestine's side. A former Israeli solider was saying how the stuff he were doing was wrong and how at heart he knew he was wrong but still took all those innocent lives. Please go educate urselves. Further proof on how some ppl dont even know what they're saying is when Justin Bieber, James curtin posted Gaza and Palestinian children and captioned it praying for Israel. Mate thats Palestine in background. 😂😂
you got a point but then why are people getting mad when israel retaliates to literal violence. Plus its more complicated than 'if somebody took ur house' because a bunch of wars and crap and countries have always been involved in the so called 'holy lands' so thats the limitation of your argument but for now it is owned by Israel and that they will protect their country so if the hamas want it back then why are people getting mad that israel is defending itself like maybe be smarter and think that capturing ISRAELI citizens and holding them hostage isnt going to make ISRAEL happy lol

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
what the actual fuck are you talking about dude

The organisation said Wadea was born in the US, while his mum - originally from Beitunia in the West Bank - came to the country 12 years ago.
And it's being reported as an anti-muslim attack because the guy is literally reported as having yelled “You Muslims must die!” right before the attack.

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
No, not the instagram links where somebody can easily stitch together false evidence with inspect element or photoshop, the links to those twitter posts, and the evidence for the hospital attack being done by Israel and not Hamas (despite multiple videos of the rocket being shot by Hamas, malfunctioning, and then landing on their own hospital - as in this video [linked below], for example).

Can you please send those?

linked video (note this is one such video covering this recent issue of many)

Is an instagram post valid evidence in such a complex argument?

Last edited:

year10studentpreparin

HSC
No, not the instagram links where somebody can easily stitch together false evidence with inspect element or photoshop, the links to those twitter posts, and the evidence for the hospital attack being done by Israel and not Hamas (despite multiple videos of the rocket being shot by Hamas, malfunctioning, and then landing on their own hospital - as in this video [linked below], for example).

linked video (note this is one such video covering this recent issue of many)

I agree @its_ace21 can you please do what SadCeliac said? Id be curious to see as well

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
No, not the instagram links where somebody can easily stitch together false evidence with inspect element or photoshop, the links to those twitter posts, and the evidence for the hospital attack being done by Israel and not Hamas (despite multiple videos of the rocket being shot by Hamas, malfunctioning, and then landing on their own hospital - as in this video (linked below), for example [note this is one such video covering this recent issue of many]).

linked video because I don't want this in between my paragraph

prime minister deleted his own tweet of saying that about children, however many have screenshotted and posted

ngl dont have time for this and i dont want to continue this but

telling them to evacuate to hospitals, then hospitals getting bombed like right after? somethings not right.

also, "hamas have home made rockets but not this much sophisticated ones they can't give this much lethal damage you can search it on google for pictures where some of them landed in Israel barely wall or two walls were damaged that one missile destroyed whole hospital"

and spokesman confirmed on twitter but deleted it, then started blaming hamas

http://instagr.am/p/Cyh_dq5yMre/

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
prime minister deleted his own tweet of saying that about children, however many have screenshotted and posted

ngl dont have time for this and i dont want to continue this but

telling them to evacuate to hospitals, then hospitals getting bombed like right after? somethings not right.

also, "hamas have home made rockets but not this much sophisticated ones they can't give this much lethal damage you can search it on google for pictures where some of them landed in Israel barely wall or two walls were damaged that one missile destroyed whole hospital"

and spokesman confirmed on twitter but deleted it, then started blaming hamas

http://instagr.am/p/Cyh_dq5yMre/
so...... all of this 'evidence' is deleted tweets and posts, and other random instagram posts that aren't from official accounts or governing bodies?

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Telling to evacuate everywhere including hospitals and bombing a whole bunch of places is what actually happened. Of course, if the intention was to kill a bunch of civilians it's unclear they would want it evacuated

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_rocket_arsenal. E.g. they have the R-160 which carries a payload of up to 170 kg and the Badr-3, which has a a warhead of 300-400 kg

" now that we have daylight imagery, is that this was about 10-15 kg of explosives, more consistent with one of the larger Qassam-style improvised rockets than an aircraft-delivered bomb or missile. Also video from I think two different angles showing a salvo of rockets being launched roughly over the hospital just a few seconds before the explosion at the hospital. "

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
also shaun king can't even tell the truth about his own race, and you expect him to be a good source of info on major geopolitical conflicts 💀💀💀💀

urlocalshawty

HSC
why tf

you got a point but then why are people getting mad when israel retaliates to literal violence. Plus its more complicated than 'if somebody took ur house' because a bunch of wars and crap and countries have always been involved in the so called 'holy lands' so thats the limitation of your argument but for now it is owned by Israel and that they will protect their country so if the hamas want it back then why are people getting mad that israel is defending itself like maybe be smarter and think that capturing ISRAELI citizens and holding them hostage isnt going to make ISRAEL happy lol
Yes and when Israel hold Palestinian hostage its fine right? Also it's called occupied Palestine. Also meta is censoring all Palestinian posts and filtering them out so u dont see all sides to the story and ONLY see when Palestine is defending itself. Again I repeat Meta is filtering out Palestinian posts and they are being shadow banned. And when u said why is ppl getting mad Israel is defending themself is simplified way of saying why r ppl getting mad when someone is tryna take someone's house. Please try to gain more knowledge on this matter and see both sides of the story which again is difficult when posts are being censored and taken off.

year10studentpreparin

HSC
Yes and when Israel hold Palestinian hostage its fine right? Also it's called occupied Palestine. Also meta is censoring all Palestinian posts and filtering them out so u dont see all sides to the story and ONLY see when Palestine is defending itself. Again I repeat Meta is filtering out Palestinian posts and they are being shadow banned. And when u said why is ppl getting mad Israel is defending themself is simplified way of saying why r ppl getting mad when someone is tryna take someone's house. Please try to gain more knowledge on this matter and see both sides of the story which again is difficult when posts are being censored and taken off.
first of all, I need PROOF that meta is actually filtering these so called posts youre talking about.
Second of all, why/who tf uses shtty social media sites to get their news? I legit just google it and click on a variety of sources.
I dont go on tiktok or instagram or youtube or whatever shtty app that is I just look at multiple news sources including al jazeera which surprisingly isnt so biased unlike twitter so you can trust me that I am trying to get neutral info about the conflict now

urlocalshawty

HSC
first of all, I need PROOF that meta is actually filtering these so called posts youre talking about.
Second of all, why/who tf uses shtty social media sites to get their news? I legit just google it and click on a variety of sources.
I dont go on tiktok or instagram or youtube or whatever shtty app that is I just look at multiple news sources including al jazeera which surprisingly isnt so biased unlike twitter so you can trust me that I am trying to get neutral info about the conflict now
um proof is thats my account, my mates and my uncles account got banned after we posted stories about Palestine. There r many other people experiencing same thing. Surprisingly they let the idf post whatver they want on insta. And I also appreciate that u r looking at many news sources. I dont necessarily use insta to get my news. However news always seems to reach insta before it reaches major news companies. All I wanna understand that it is stand with Ukraine when Russia invades but not stand with Palestine when Israel does?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)