What do you guys think of the Western Sydney guys supporting the hamas attack on the israelites and rallying over this? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
I’m not arguing with someone who thinks ion know what im talking abt bc “I’m not a modern history student” while he says that the annihilation of Jews is hamas’ objective as if the idf doesn’t aim to destruct the Palestinian ethnicity that’s crazy 💀💀💀
The IDF aims to protect Israel (it's called the Israel Defence Force, remember) and not actively seek out the Palestinian ethnicity... It responds to attacks on Israel, and hence when Gaza attacks Israel of course the IDF will respond and defend the borders and the country.

year10studentpreparin

HSC
The IDF aims to protect Israel (it's called the Israel Defence Force, remember) and not actively seek out the Palestinian ethnicity... It responds to attacks on Israel, and hence when Gaza attacks Israel of course the IDF will respond and defend the borders and the country.
BRO SPEAKING FACTS
@nsw..wollongong u cant deny tho he is right

year10studentpreparin

HSC
I’m not arguing with someone who thinks ion know what im talking abt bc “I’m not a modern history student” while he says that the annihilation of Jews is hamas’ objective as if the idf doesn’t aim to destruct the Palestinian ethnicity that’s crazy 💀💀💀
the 'im not a modern history student' was funny asf lmao 💀 💀 💀 💀 😂 and I dont even do modern as well what an english subject

nsw..wollongong

HSC
Does that mean israeli should act like this

or shit like this should be said:

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
Israel has supplied water and electricity to Gaza for years and years, as well as employment to Palestinians. Again, Israel doesn't want war, but when Gaza attacks Israel of course the IDF is required to respond to protect its country. Why is Israel expected not to retailiate when provoked with missiles and rockets? And why is it such a shock when they do? If someone suddenly attacked Australia of course we would respond somehow.

Another note, Israel has managed its own water and electricity since its establishment. How is that Gaza (despite all charity and resources sent by multiple countries to Gaza) hasn't set up their own supplies yet? Remember, Israel was previously supplying them with these resources. I want to pose the question of where did all that charity money for water and electricity go?

Also, why isn't Egypt or any other neighbouring country stepping in to take the Gaza refugees - you must understand that Israel and the IDF can't risk taking innocent Palestinian civilians into their country because of the risk of accidentally allowing a terrorist in (which the IDF is unfortunately always wary of) - yet nobody else has offered to step up and take the refugees. Why aren't we outraged at that?

I don't like getting involved in these debates and discussions but I'd like to just pose these other sides which seem to go unheard. Please don't take this offensively, this isn't directed at anyone and is merely trying to expand the discussion.

Last edited:

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
Also just adding one thing @nsw..wollongong, when you send one video demonstrating the argument you are trying to maintain, it really doesn't support it too well. Sending videos tailored to a specific audience is not clear evidence to just send out here and expect people to believe. Whilst I respect you sending these videos to expand this discussion, I think it would benefit for you to expand on them rather than just send them and say "here you go, look what this one person is saying". And I think trying to extrapolate an argument (for example "all IDF wants is to exterminate Palestinians") after sending one singular example of one guy doesn't help.

At least, that's my take on these interviews and videos - they're not really showing the whole picture - regardless of which side of the argument they're from or directed at

nsw..wollongong

HSC
Israel has supplied water and electricity to Gaza for years and years, as well as employment to Palestinians. Again, Israel doesn't want war, but when Gaza attacks Israel of course the IDF is required to respond to protect its country. Why is Israel expected not to retailiate when provoked with missiles and rockets? And why is it such a shock when they do? If someone suddenly attacked Australia of course we would respond somehow.

Another note, Israel has managed its own water and electricity since its establishment. How is that Gaza (despite all charity and resources sent by multiple countries to Gaza) hasn't set up their own supplies yet? Remember, Israel was previously supplying them with these resources. I want to pose the question of where did all that charity money for water and electricity go?

Also, why isn't Egypt or any other neighbouring country stepping in to take the Gaza refugees - you must understand that Israel and the IDF can't risk taking innocent Palestinian civilians into their country because of the risk of accidentally allowing a terrorist in (which the IDF is unfortunately always wary of) - yet nobody else has offered to step up and take the refugees. Why aren't we outraged at that?

I don't like getting involved in these debates and discussions but I'd like to just pose these other sides which seem to go unheard. Please don't take this offensively, this isn't directed at anyone and is merely trying to expand the discussion.
Ur acting like the attacks by hamas weren’t provoked. I’m not condoning the killings but ur acting like they just came outta the blue, they didn’t. Iran funded Hamas missiles, Israel knew abt it and decided to stay silent till the missiles were fired so it can appear to the world that no one saw it coming.
what provoked it was tens of years of displacement of families and murders of children, where’s the proportionality? Hamas bombed us so now we should cut off all electricity and water, treat them like animals, commit genocide and bomb a hospital that killed over 300 people and still counting?
For ur question abt Gaza’s electricity, u should be researching that instead of debating questions. For years, Israel and America have worked together to set the Middle East as far back as they can, happened in Iraq, happened in Lebanon, happened in Syria and happened in Palestine. It’s not the fault of Palestinians, the country is so weak bc it has no support. Compare that to Israel who’s been supported by half the world since its establishment.

As for why other countries haven’t stepped in, because if they do then THEYRE going to be in trouble. Eg brasil and Iraq wanted to send aid to Palestine but are worried about repercussions on their own country. Do u blame them? Israel is absolutely not taking in innocent Palestinians, theyre killing them. Don’t paint them in a portrait that tries to sympathise with Palestinians, if u watched the videos ud see that they’re referring to them as animals.

nsw..wollongong

HSC
Also just adding one thing @nsw..wollongong, when you send one video demonstrating the argument you are trying to maintain, it really doesn't support it too well. Sending videos tailored to a specific audience is not clear evidence to just send out here and expect people to believe. Whilst I respect you sending these videos to expand this discussion, I think it would benefit for you to expand on them rather than just send them and say "here you go, look what this one person is saying". And I think trying to extrapolate an argument (for example "all IDF wants is to exterminate Palestinians") after sending one singular example of one guy doesn't help.
Then u can do ur own research instead of asking questions that can be answered thru simple searches on valuable sources. I didn’t just send videos to prove a small point, there’s ur evidence that Israel and the idf do not think of Palestinians as innocent at all, they’re not even humans to them. And that source was from a news source, wasn’t subjective to MY views.

I’m done debating on this issue actually, yall can discuss however much u want and I think that’s good bc this discussion has to be held, but personally I’m not devoting any more energy to this. I know where I stand

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
Don’t paint them in a portrait that tries to sympathise with Palestinians, if u watched the videos ud see that they’re referring to them as animals.
And the Hamas videos are doing the exact same thing, saying Israelis aren't human and Jews are animals. Families with babies and elderly were kidnapped from Israel and kept as POWs. You're simply shining a light on your very specific side of the argument! I'm just asking you to see this other side.

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
I’m done debating on this issue actually, yall can discuss however much u want and I think that’s good bc this discussion has to be held, but personally I’m not devoting any more energy to this. I know where I stand
Fine, and I'll respect that - I'm not trying to convince you but I'd rather you try see both sides of the issue. For me personally, I don't want to get sucked into the propaganda of any one side so I'm trying to healthily gain an understanding of the whole situation.

I think I'll probably stay out of this from here on as well

Sam14113

HSC
Look if you've all agreed to end this conversation I really don't want to drag it on but all I'll say is this is a complicated situation and while you have the right to an opinion, you also have an obligation to ensure your opinion is well-researched and accounts for the nuance at play. When you see the death toll of civilians, it is easy to get enraged at both sides, but research the validity of the statistics, and try account for them.

You may have heard the government and media being called 'hypocritical' in its defense of Israel when it didn't defend Gaza from "atrocities" that have supposedly occurred in Gaza. But note that Israel actually receded from Gaza in 2005, allowing it self-governance. You may have heard that Israel "continued to commit war crimes and occupy Palestine" although further research would reveal that this is exaggerated, and even where Israel has had involvement in Gaza, it is largely in retaliation to attacks by Hamas, for instance the 'kite bombs' in 2018 and many before that.

You may have heard that during this war, Israel has told Palestinians to evacuate and then blocked their attempts to do so. But then upon researching more, you may learn that Israel actually secured roads for Palestinian use, and attempts to keep citizens of Gaza at home or block roads were done by Hamas. You may even find that Daniel Hagari (in IDF) shared forensic analysis into visuals of the bombing of a hospital, saying that the attack came from Gaza itself. Of course, you should take that with some skepticism, but also shouldn't immediately reject its value. You should continue to research and find out more information. Follow what other experts outside the region say about the images and videos in the coming days to try understand more about the situation.

I think I've made my opinion on the topic fairly obvious, but even though I have an opinion, it's continuing to evolve and I'm continuing to research more to understand better the situation. I really just hope that all of you can act with some scepticism over your own opinions and continue to find out more. And this applies to how you message on BOS and other social media as well - speak in a way that recognises that this isn't a simple matter. Speak in a way that shows you're willing to listen to others. And then actually listen to others. Even if you ultimately don't change your overarching view, it's important to keep making that opinion more informed, educated and ultimately valid.

cosmo 2

the head cheese
HSC

Sam14113

HSC
ok sure, but why is no one saying anything about israel using the illegal white phosphorus???????? this is a war crime
Look I think this neatly fits into the category of "getting outraged based on what you hear". I'm not too familiar with the 'white phosphorous' situation myself and urge you and anyone else to do your own research, but I have looked a little into it now and this is what I've found:

- Firstly, yes there are some claims that Israel has been using white phosphorous, but there are also articles claiming that these allegations are not well supported and the evidence doesn't hold up to scrutiny. This is not to say that the weapon definitely wasn't used, but it does cast some doubt on the claims that it was used, or at least to the extent that it has been suggested. At the very least, it shows me that I need to look into it more to get a better understanding, and I think that applies to anyone.

- Secondly, I'm not sure exactly what you mean by it being 'illegal' and 'a war crime' - do you mean "it is recognised as such and prohibited under international law?" From what I understand, the use of white phosphorous is actually not banned under international law. That being said, there is a treaty which says it can't be used in areas with dense civilian population, but Israel did not sign that treaty, and therefore are not accountable to it.
I assume you more likely meant "This is immoral", to which you have an argument, but again I think it's not quite that 'black and white'. Israel has found itself at war, and sometimes it needs to take drastic measures to protect itself and its civilians from organisations that are recognised as terrorist by almost every Western country. There is a reason this chemical isn't banned altogether under international law, as the international law recognises that sometimes weapons are needed in war.

Again, this is just my opinion after doing some research, but that applies to everyone. Please have some humility when you discuss and try just keep to a lower modality - it's alright to have opinions and share them, but I think everyone needs to respect that their opinions are just opinions and speak them as such.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
I bet western media doesn't tell you 500 people were murdered today in a christian hospital in Palestine, but go on keep supporting Israel !
Western media has actually said that... just did a quick Google now and found about ten articles about the 'Israeli bombing of a hospital in Palestine'. Not sure why you phrase it like that but okay.

If I understand what you're saying correctly, you're referring to the bomb that blew up in a hospital in Palestine. I think that you'll find out after a little more research into both sides (pro-Israel news and pro-Palestine news) that the whole issue isn't so clear. E.g. there is equal evidence from the Israel side that Hamas had accidentally misfired a missile towards their own hospital. Of course, taking a look at what Sam posted (quoted below), you should take everything with a grain of salt and be wary, but we need to remember that this whole issue isn't just black and white, and we should look further into things (news) before going on here and simply spouting the things (news) we hear.

You may even find that Daniel Hagari (in IDF) shared forensic analysis into visuals of the bombing of a hospital, saying that the attack came from Gaza itself. Of course, you should take that with some skepticism, but also shouldn't immediately reject its value. You should continue to research and find out more information. Follow what other experts outside the region say about the images and videos in the coming days to try understand more about the situation.
Above from Sam re the hospital news today :(

I also want to add that this is just another example of horrible atrocities that we should all wish to stop - war is never the solution

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
- Firstly, yes there are some claims that Israel has been using white phosphorous, but there are also articles claiming that these allegations are not well supported and the evidence doesn't hold up to scrutiny.

u cant deny the IGO

anyway the ratio of palestineans killed : israelis killed, theres a big difference

no one wants to say about the hospital? this is literally a massacre

and how about the Israeli's telling the Palestineans to leave, then bombing their cars and their exit? i stand where i stand and im out of here

keep portraying the israeli's as victims, when theyre literally committing war crimes, and have been doing so for a long time, kicking Palestineans out of their own homes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)