what do you get for lunch? (1 Viewer)

HSC
just thought i'd make mention of how good my caesar salad was for lunch today, so good, the lunch lady put on just the right amount of dressing and put heaps of parmesan on for me, all for $4.70!! so good.

but i think i'll stick with $1.85 chips for most days... $4.70 is far too much, seeing as i have to save my coinage for some green beer.

what do you guys prefer from the cafeteria? (i'm talking bout shortland, if it makes any difference)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
If I'm on Shortland side, I'll either make a sandwich in the salad bar, grab some salad and italian dressing from the salad bar, or get something from Bytes.
If I'm on Hunter side, I'll get a toasted ham and cheese sandwich

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I got some pasta from hunter the other week. It went alright.

Apart from that, beer and wedges makes for a good diet in the GT bar.

HSC
yeah i had wedges and a beer the other day, it was pretty good, very filling.

hey jess, can u make salads at the sandiwch bar at the shortland building? cos ive always wondered ....

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Also, whats the go with the nusa stand near auchmity that i've seen on some days? Is that food free or something?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
When I say that...last time I was there, there was some salad-y type stuff already done in those little silver buckets; a couple of types of lettuce, cucumber, that sort of stuff, I just grabbed a heap out, put it in a container, and grabbed a pack of italian dressing

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
jumb said:
Also, whats the go with the nusa stand near auchmity that i've seen on some days? Is that food free or something?
Yeah, it is...I think its vegan though, and being a rather fussy eater, I've never been game enough to give it a shot

HSC
i dunno i've seen it before too, someone said it was something to do with the krishna's...??

by the way whats going on with this fees shimozzole on the tv at the moment? i saw some reporter sneaking around the shortland building today asking people things...

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
Yeah, it is...I think its vegan though, and being a rather fussy eater, I've never been game enough to give it a shot
But you ate salad.

noel_gallagher said:
by the way whats going on with this fees shimozzole on the tv at the moment? i saw some reporter sneaking around the shortland building today asking people things...
Well, whether you wanted to or not, you're part of all of the unions and some of your fees goes towards them. They want to make it so it's not compulsary, which will mean they dont get as much money.

Someone posted a better explination in NS I think, but the basics of it is that there will be more staff and services cut. Plus prices everywhere will go up.

Last edited:

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
The best lunch ever is a $6.80 kebab. That is my thursday ritual - finish maths class at 2, get a kebab and coke and eat kebab in my engineering tute at 2 :D

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
its not so much the lack of meat, but rather just the look of whatever it is they serve up.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
its not so much the lack of meat, but rather just the look of whatever it is they serve up.
It smells like an indian restaurant/person.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
I sometimes take my own lunch in my yellow lunchbox that i have had since kindergarten, my friends all laugh at me and then go off and get heaps good food like chicken burger or chips

hipsta_jess said:
If I'm on Shortland side, I'll either make a sandwich in the salad bar, grab some salad and italian dressing from the salad bar, or get something from Bytes.
If I'm on Hunter side, I'll get a toasted ham and cheese sandwich

i used to always get a salad sandwich from there, but once i had one and the pineapple tasted funny...and my friends made me complain and the kitchen people all picked off a peice and tried some..the lady came back and said "im really sorry, but the pineapple is not off. its just you." And I am to embarrassed to go back

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
on hunter side.. chicken schnitzel burger with a scallop... try it! its awesome!

on shortland side.. salad wrap thingy from rafters

on and for wedges... bar on the hill gives a serving almost twice the size of the GT bars!! and for a similar price!!! with stacks of sweet chilli!!!!

em_516

bludging..
HSC
PrincessSJ said:
on hunter side.. chicken schnitzel burger with a scallop... try it! its awesome!

on shortland side.. salad wrap thingy from rafters

on and for wedges... bar on the hill gives a serving almost twice the size of the GT bars!! and for a similar price!!! with stacks of sweet chilli!!!!
oooh yeh..i've had the wedges from the bar on the hill :D i've ALSO had the apple danish from there..mmm..

anyone tried a shepards pie from that lil cafe thingo under the shortland building? i'm so tempted but everytime i've had money they weren't there..

today i just had fish and chips and it was actually really nice

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
I rarely eat at the Uni... I eat too often and too much - normally 5-6x a day at least so it's too inconvient to go there everytime I want to eat.

If I do eat, I'll normally get one of those bread rolls which you fill with what you want and pay on a per weight basis. It's the only decent food AND is healthy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)