What do people think will be the essay questions for economics? (1 Viewer)

lolliepop2

HSC
So what topic/s do people think will be in the extended response sections? My teacher usually has a good idea what will be in the exam, I don't know how but he does, but I wanted to know what others thought.

only three to go
Maths extension:chainsaw:
Biology :jump:
Economics :sun:

oxyray

goodluck.
HSC
considering the economic climate during the time of writing the exams....

im hoping/praying etc etc that there will be an essay on Macroeconomic policies to stimulate the economy annnd possibly on going CAD.

what do you think?

Heshy

HSC
i doubt macroeconomic policies r gonna b the essay q, that was the question last year
tbh i think itll b something about the CAD

untitled....

HSC
theres always something on the CAD which is unfortunate...
my teacher said that when they were writing the exams earlier in teh year there was lots of talk about protection, so possibly>?

phoebeee

HSC
I'm going to go macro/fiscal policy, mainly because I love this topic and I have so much information, and also it's rather current. Hope it's not anything to to with labour markets:chainsaw:. Possibly something on environmental policies with the Carbon Emissions Trading Scheme and what not.

oxyray

goodluck.
HSC
last year they did macro separate (1. fiscal 2. monetary) so i think they will combine it this year. i really don't love protection tbh! and i hope that case study isn't one! even micro id be happy with that.

does any body else have legal the day before?

lolliepop2

HSC
Yeah I was thinking that they probably will combine monetary and fiscal policy for the first essay and probably CAD or environmental policy for the second. Hopefully we will get one for environmental policy because I have written a really good essay for that, well that's what my teacher says.

oxyray

goodluck.
HSC
oh sweeet! i reallly have to start writing enviro essays!

you know how they changed SOR and ENG and used quotes, im freaking they will spring something crazy like that on us!

coeyz

HSC
I actually made a general trend about essay questions in past exams

trading bloc/international organisation 2008
appreciation of AUD 2006/2008
fiscal 2007/2008
monetary 2008
fiscal + monetary + micro 2002/2006
protection 2000/2002/2006
inflation 2000/2003/2005
CAD 1999/2002/2004/2007 <- quite possibly?
case study 2001/2003/2004/2007 <- i will sure prepare for this

u/e 2003
external stability 2001
econ growth 2000/2001/2005
exchange rate 2004

Simo91

HSC
I'm starting to think Micro Reform may be an essay question this year due to the COAG Reform and the shift from macro to micro policies. The last time it came up was in '06 and that was with macro, so I have a feeling about it.

CAD would be awesome if it came up, enviro mgmt is probable, it will be in the paper somewhere, and a globalisation/macro question.

alex1992

HSC
The often troublesome and indeed, highly synchronised nature of the global downturn experienced in 2009 does seem to suggest that their is a distinct possibility that an essay question could be along the lines of an analysis of the systematic and duplicious nature surrounding the movement towards, and increasing acknowledgement of the benefits of trade liberalisation, and the trade-off effects on an economies economic performance.

This however is simplistic, for their is a certain possibility that the essay/s could also examine the effects of TNCs on the development of global trade systems, and the possible implications on the murky process, that is, globalisation.

Freakstyler09

HSC
Yeah I was thinking that they probably will combine monetary and fiscal policy for the first essay and probably CAD or environmental policy for the second. Hopefully we will get one for environmental policy because I have written a really good essay for that, well that's what my teacher says.
Probably not, they had that last year for the Monetary and Fiscal policies

Freakstyler09

HSC
The often troublesome and indeed, highly synchronised nature of the global downturn experienced in 2009 does seem to suggest that their is a distinct possibility that an essay question could be along the lines of an analysis of the systematic and duplicious nature surrounding the movement towards, and increasing acknowledgement of the benefits of trade liberalisation, and the trade-off effects on an economies economic performance.

This however is simplistic, for their is a certain possibility that the essay/s could also examine the effects of TNCs on the development of global trade systems, and the possible implications on the murky process, that is, globalisation.
I have a feeling this might be this, do u guys also reckon like any country studies, like China, Brazil or even Poland might be in it?

hairspray

HSC
I went to the TSFX eco lecture...and the guy was going on and on about:
-Macroeconomic policies
-Environmental issues
-Case study...

My trials was on CAD which was so random...
I hope its the case study cos it will be EASY as =)

Heshy

HSC
no im saying cad because the area of knowledge for it is huge, that a large number of essay questions could involve the cad
tbh i think its advised we refer to our case study
and macroeconomic policies wont be that significant
environment might be in it tho

stunner

HSC
last year they did macro separate (1. fiscal 2. monetary) so i think they will combine it this year. i really don't love protection tbh! and i hope that case study isn't one! even micro id be happy with that.

does any body else have legal the day before?
YES! how gay is it?
:p

I don't think it's going to the CAD or environment or macro or case study... it's way to predictable... I'm thinking it's going to be major focus topic one and three..
i do however reckon we'll get a short answer on something to do with the GFC and something on environment.

OH and all the exams this year have been sort of hard... I heard in another thread about how there trying to crack down on people coming in with pre written responses.

Benskies

HSC
i have legal studies the day before as well! it depends on what focus study you do for legal, but i reckon it wont be so bad. Im doing workplace for legal studies, which teaches a real in-depth knowledge of microeconomic reform in labour markets, so it could be a good warm-up for economics.

I have no idea what they are going to ask about for essays, except at LEAST one will talk about the GFC. so i guess it could ask about australias macroeconomic policy response to the GFC, or perhaps the effect of the GFC on australias BOP.

those are my two guesses.

god bless for everyone with their exams soon! economics is my last one, CANT WAIT for it to be over!!!

alina yousif

HSC
Thing on the CAD and macro policies I'll be extremely happy! I hate micro. I hate it!!! An I have legal the dy before :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)