what courses are ppl doing at uni? (1 Viewer)

DeanM

HSC
here is a thought: do what is going to make you happy, and not what is going to make you rich

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
How come all the occupations with high pay are the ones that take advantage of other people's misfortune?

Lawyers, psychologists, emo bands...
yeh but imagine a world without lawyers, fancy turning up and trying to argue your way out of murder and reading case law for yourself...someone has to do it all

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
How come all the occupations with high pay are the ones that take advantage of other people's misfortune?
As opposed to people whom take 'advantage' of anothers fortune in order to make a fortune for themselves? Investment bankers are con artists.

rissa_101

05er said:
Why do people do Psychology? I just don't get its popularity.
Maybe some people do psychology because they have plans....probably why people do ANY courses....no point if ur not going to do anything with it...
Ive applied to Newcastle Uni B psychology, B Social Work, B Nutrition and Dietetics, and going on the last few exams ive had.....B arts :)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
Way to say what I was about to say.

But yeah, clearly lawyers have no conscience...
I love Lionel Hutz :p

Do you actually know any or just the misrepresentations on TV?
Sure there are some sleezy defence lawyers, but what do you think prosc lawyers are evil too???

BTW Defence lawyers rarely ask their client if they are guilty, otherwise they cannot defence them adequately, so they may have a suspicion that their client is guilty or be pretty sure but its not like they say "are you guilty no probs..."

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
melsc said:
I love Lionel Hutz :p

Do you actually know any or just the misrepresentations on TV?
Sure there are some sleezy defence lawyers, but what do you think prosc lawyers are evil too???

BTW Defence lawyers rarely ask their client if they are guilty, otherwise they cannot defence them adequately, so they may have a suspicion that their client is guilty or be pretty sure but its not like they say "are you guilty no probs..."
A friend of my dad has a son who did law at uni, passed, became a barrister, defended one dude succesfully and then quit lawyer'ing forever because he knew the dude really did it (some sorta violent crime, can't remember now).

No, I don't really think lawyers are evil, I was just going along with the stereotype, like that other thread where I bagged out UWS even though I don't know anything about it.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
why bother then troll???

I joke around with the stereotype *points to location in profile* but honestly the stereotype is stupid, all the lawyers I know, did work exper with and all were really nice people

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
melsc said:
why bother then troll???

I joke around with the stereotype *points to location in profile* but honestly the stereotype is stupid, all the lawyers I know, did work exper with and all were really nice people
They only seem nice to you because you're heartless too.

illodous

Angels...
HSC
1 300142 Bachelor of Arts in Media and Cultural Studies at Macquarie University
2 300120 Bachelor of Social Science at Macquarie University
(hoping to do a concurrent degree with the top two)

3 511210 Bachelor of Social Sciences at University of Sydney
4 608040 Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Media Arts & Production) at University of Technology,
Sydney
5 706875 Bachelor of Social Science at UWS
6 601070 Bachelor of Design in Visual Communication at University of Technology, Sydney
7 512200 Bachelor of Visual Arts at University of Sydney
8 422007 Bachelor of Social Work at University of New South Wales
9 300130 Bachelor of Arts - Psychology/Diploma of Education at Macquarie University

Gummy_bear

HSC
sikeveo said:
:) At least i wasn't stupid enough to post my picture as my avatar. I am better than you. Mainly cos I dont live on this board, and I dont go to UWS. God forbid if UWS is full of people like you. No wonder people pay it out. At least I have some reasons for my opinions unlike your petty insults. :)
I dont get why everyone bags out UWS? whats the prob..

hang on...in dont even know what UWS is.. geeze, talk about unculturd. lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)