What course should i do to be a stockbroker? (1 Viewer)

pricklygoo

HSC
Hey uni students,
I want to be a stock broker and don't know which course to choose.
B commerce
or
bachelor of commerce (international)
Both at UNSW
Which one would be better?
If you think i should take a different course....
tell me please

Cheers,
Paddy

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
I would suggest that you do a Bachelor of STFU. They're offered at the University of Idungivadam. It's a bit of travel time, but totally worth it.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Yeah, seems like a straight Comm is a way to go.

Affinity

HSC
Hey uni students,
I want to be a stock broker and don't know which course to choose.
B commerce
or
bachelor of commerce (international)
Both at UNSW
Which one would be better?
If you think i should take a different course....
tell me please

Cheers,
Paddy
Any degree is fine... not like stock brokers requires any special knowledge. There should be some licensing course/test when you get into work

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
does stockbroking need PS146 compliance? if so perhaps a more finance/applied finance degree if you are able to get exemptions by doing such a degree...

karnage

HSC
Bleh just a bachelor of commerce/business major in finance and something else like accounting.

Pretty much like everyone else.

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
If that's your aim, do a Diploma in Finance. That's about all you need. Get a job right away...

Don't waste your time (extra 2 yrs) and money (especially if you're full fee).

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
If that's your aim, do a Diploma in Finance. That's about all you need. Get a job right away...

Don't waste your time (extra 2 yrs) and money (especially if you're full fee).
Lol. If you get a job. And even if you did, you'd be starting at a lower salary on average than if you'd got the full bachelor.
And if the OP is going for this diploma in the next year, then they'll be finished in the next three years. However, it could take a lot longer for the financial industry to recover from it's current battering. And even then, stockbrokers may be in low demand, thanks to changing attitudes to sharmarket investment.
So overall, bad idea.

Tonthat

HSC
I wanted to be a trader or a stockbroker so I'm doing the B Economics/B Applied Finance degree at Macquarie.

I would suggest that you do a Bachelor of STFU. They're offered at the University of Idungivadam. It's a bit of travel time, but totally worth it.
Swing and a miss, buddy.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
I wanted to be a trader or a stockbroker so I'm doing the B Economics/B Applied Finance degree at Macquarie.

Swing and a miss, buddy.
You realise that trading and stockbroking are completely different. Trading needs intelligence and skill, stockbroking is really a sales job. Compensation varies wildly too.

I would have done some maths if you really want to be a trader. The maths in trading is only going to get more complex and a vanilla commerce degree wont cut the mustard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)