What course do you have to take if you want to be a performer? (1 Viewer)

HSC
You can take a visual arts course or a music course.I'm pretty sure MQ has these types of courses, although I wouldn't know much about them. You'll mostly likely do a course within the Arts faculty though if you want to get into singing/music/ etc.

X

xeuyrawp

If you want to be a performance singer, don't waste your time at uni.

Get music tutoring / training, get in shows, etc.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
...Especially at Macquarie.
We've got quite a good performance/business orientated music department, so I don't know where this is coming from.

Having said that, they are taught at as uni subjects, so if you are serious with performance, you'd want to already have other things going externally.

dolbinau

HSC
I was looking at the units a while ago and didn't see anything too interesting, though it does appear they have a couple of vocal performance units (which seems very appropriate for the OP's needs), so I 'concede' :p - as a typical a BOS poster who makes silly claims based on almost nothing.

Though if I were to defend myself at all, I guess I'd say looking at the UNSW (and obviously USYD Conservatorium) programs, I could imagine there are better options than MQ for music :p.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I was looking at the units a while ago and didn't see anything too interesting, though it does appear they have a couple of vocal performance units (which seems very appropriate for the OP's needs), so I 'concede' :p - as a typical a BOS poster who makes silly claims based on almost nothing.

Though if I were to defend myself at all, I guess I'd say looking at the UNSW (and obviously USYD Conservatorium) programs, I could imagine there are better options than MQ for music :p.
Totally agree with the second paragraph, just thought I'd say we're not THAT bad :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)