What course are you aiming for in uni? (1 Viewer)

What course do u want to do in uni?

• Engineering

Votes: 11 8.9%
  • Commerce

Votes: 18 14.5%
  • Medicine/Health Studies

Votes: 26 21.0%
  • Law

Votes: 19 15.3%
  • Science

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • Arts

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • Business

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Education

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • IT/Computer Science

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • Other

Votes: 14 11.3%

• Total voters

r0b

HSC
c'mon, where's the English Literature at Oxford?

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
pLuvia said:
It's more statistics than maths unless of course you take a maths major with it. You don't necessarily need to be a maths genius to survive this course it's more having an aptitude for thinking smart, you'll learn all the maths you need in 1st year maths anyway

You'll need to have a knack in manipulating mathematical equations, thinking beyond what is needed

You'll have to think logically and use your common sense. Most of the course is made up of some sort of statistics aspect, which I find is much more useful in practice then a straight maths degree :p
Ugh, that sounds terrible.
*looks at your signature*
oh my.

bettina44

HSC
you guys can be really intimidating sometimes while you're doing commerce, med, law..etc i'll be making houses look pretty or create a pretty ad.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
1. Medicine
2. Law related
3. Economics related
4. Commerce related
5. Finance related

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
B Commerce (Liberal Studies)@ Usyd
1. maths related especially if you major in finance, economics, accounting etc.
2. commerce related (enough said)
3. teaching related if you major in education or you can do a dip ed afterwards
4. counselling related if you choose to major in psychology like me :)
5. no degree can guarantee you a grad salary of $100000+ and that is really rare for any grad however comm (lib studies) is probably the one of the closest degrees to get you there.
6. although nothing is guaranteed, most likely job prospects you will get will be white collar
7. again nothing is guaranteed but it is probably the one of the closest degrees to get you there.
8. yes you may be able to help people depending on your major.
I appreciate that. But I will keep my options open. I would basically do any course that has one or more of my checklists.

By the way, I was joking about money. I was already aware that it is highly unlikely for graduates to earn that much.

Last edited:

jkwii

Ultimate Member
HSC
i know i am doing hsc this yr but i am aiming for bachelor of physiotherapy. needs 96.25 and my estimate was 98-99. assuming i do more work until the hsc nad improve my ranks until the trials i should be sweet!

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
To be honest, I have no idea. Well, I have a list of "don't wanna be's", but I don't know what I wanna be.

1. Nothing medical, no optometry, pharmacy, doctor etc.
2. Maybe something law-ish?
3. Maybe something political-ish?

Not really sure. :p

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
Aerath said:
To be honest, I have no idea. Well, I have a list of "don't wanna be's", but I don't know what I wanna be.

1. Nothing medical, no optometry, pharmacy, doctor etc.
2. Maybe something law-ish?
3. Maybe something political-ish?

Not really sure. :p
Me too

My list of what I don't want to be:

1) Anything involving shakespeare
2) Anything involving poetry
3) Anything involving critical analysis of texts
4) Anything involving working for extended periods of time in redfurn or blacktown or any other place with lots of drug addicts and other lower-class people likely to commit crimes which could endanger me or myself.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
foram said:
4) Anything involving working for extended periods of time in redfurn or blacktown or any other place with lots of drug addicts and other lower-class people likely to commit crimes which could endanger me or myself.
Ah, yeah.... That's high on everybody's list of priorities.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
foram said:
Me too

My list of what I don't want to be:

Lol that's on my 'dont wanna be' list too :).

lovenotwar

HSC
journalism at UTS. cant remember exact name..
or if not that something to do with psychology

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
If that is high on everyones priority list how come there is so much demand for usyd courses compared to other unis in the majority of their course? How come their is still people doing arts courses? The UAI arts course for Usyd is around 83 in 2008 its close to the UAI for some engineering degrees at usyd which is almost as much as some engineering courses. And also my course which involves some critical analysis - it has a UAI of around 98.35 in 2008. So no I dont think it is on everybodys priorities list.
Actually, it would depend alot on the number of places available... so there might a small number of people wanting to do your course but an even smaller number of places - pushing up the UAI.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
If that is high on everyones priority list how come there is so much demand for usyd courses compared to other unis in the majority of their course? And How come their is still people doing arts courses? The UAI arts course for Usyd is around 83 in 2008 which is close to the UAI for some engineering degrees. And also my course which involves some critical analysis - it has a UAI of around 98.35 in 2008. Law degrees im pretty sure involves some critical analysis. So no I dont think it is on everybodys priorities list.
Erm, it was sarcasm. People don't really choose degrees based on where they will get stationed (re: Foram's comment on Redfern and Blacktown).

eliseliselise

HSC
medicine, dentistry, psychology, physio, combined law or actuarial! as long as im at a uni in SYDNEY and i can crawl out of the hill billy hick laden old town that i'm forced to live in.

...but if that fails, then i'll just write reviews for underground alternative avant garde rock bands and publish them in a free magazine no one ever reads & make money from google donations from my myspace layout website.

but, i believe in myself... and i wont let that happen ;)

beebee1991

HSC
im aiming to do a bachelor of business course at UTS, but if i dont get the UAI i think i might do a diploma of business at tafe and use that to get into the uni course but im still kinda not sure

JSchaefer

HSC
i want Bachelor of technology in Aviation, studied at adfa (no hex, plus earn full time wage) and to be an air force pilot. ive wanted this since i was 13, im so close now.

Jay-Dupree

Banned
HSC
I was tossing up between Enigneering and Business or perhaps a combined program.

selablad

HSC
Well...I would really really love to *study* some sort of science subject, but I don't really want to have science as a career...and that's the same with a lot of subjects that I like :( oh well

shaon0

HSC
Does anyone know the UAI needed for a Mechatronics(space) engineering/Law degree? Is it all the same UAIs for any Engineering/Law combined degree?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)