What Clubs and Socs are you joining this year? (1 Viewer)

lala2

Banned
HSC
Ah, ok, so if you join each club individually it'd be $37ish (or whatever predetermined price it is), while if you have your access card you join "free", right? Like they won't ask us to pay a subsidised admin fee (let's say, like $20 if the original was $30) together with presenting our Access card?

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Malfoy said:
Where can I find one of the maps that has all the locations of the C&S stalls on it?
I found one at http://www.usydunion.com - I think it's in the Clubs and Societies menu under O-week. There's a pdf of the map and a Word document with the number of each club's stall.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
That Jazz one sounds pretty cool.
How's the state of the USyd radio? Might give that one a go

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Where do we get Access cards and how long would they take to get?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
at the access office, level 2, manning (the level you walk into from the street). takes 5 minutes.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Awesome, thanks stas.
Would there be large queues during o-week?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
prob not on wednesgay. we dont know how popular it will be, as this is the first year that VSU is in effect (not counting sem 2)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
runtlocks said:
That Jazz one sounds pretty cool.
How's the state of the USyd radio? Might give that one a go
Last year it had a license for O Week and the Verge arts festival in semester two. It's good for a bit of fun, but not a lot of people listen to it.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I was studio manager for the past two years, and it is great fun, and a good way to get experience. Unfortunately the quality of reception is relatively bad - i.e. it's more based on whether or not the receiving radio has line of sight to the antenna, so people living on hilly areas (such as the blue mountains) can get it, but it's difficult to catch even in the city :(

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
What do you do though? Do you sketch up a playlist and play it, and present that? I don't want to be some nasal voiced twit talking about stupid shit ala The Kyle and Jackie O show

lala2

Banned
HSC
Oh, I went to uni today to get the Access Card, after thinking it through. As for the SU Sport question--yes, you pay the $55 for SU Sport membership, PLUS any individual club membership fees/costs. I suggest that if you haven't got your Access card, that you go tomorrow or after the O-Week rush. It's not a long queue, but they were very inefficient in processing us (took me about half an hour to get through with three people in front of me)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
runtlocks said:
What do you do though? Do you sketch up a playlist and play it, and present that? I don't want to be some nasal voiced twit talking about stupid shit ala The Kyle and Jackie O show
You bring in the CDs you want to play, and do what you want. You'll also get training for how to operate the equipment, and your first show is usually done with an experienced co-host. It's also important to know your market - 18-21 year old uni students. So, being a twit talking about stupid shit can be a great way to approach it. I aimed to be offensive, yet funny in my broadcasts. I also tried to get a roaming microphone to interview people outside the studio, organising a makeshift speed dating competition at Manning.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Ok well I have an access card from last year, can't I use that to get $5 memberships into clubs/socs? lol

My boyfriend joined a society at MQ and he only had to pay the usual $5 fee. SO why the fuck do we have to pay so much?

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Sorry if this sounds absurd, but when I signed up for a couple of clubs/socs I had to pay for membership and got a little "showbag" full of brochures and items but when I signed up for SciSoc, I just wrote my details on that list, and that was it; no membership fee nor 'showbag'. Is that supposed to happen? Or did I miss something?....lol

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
I only joined the Liberal Club because I'm not buying the Access card and they let me join for free but seriously lol at the stickers in their bag: "Rack off leftie scum", "Viva La Howard Revolucion" and "Why be politically correct when you can be RIGHT" (my fav).

I didn't really stick around to get info but (because there are a few members here) does the Liberal club meet every so often? What do they do?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)