What Cars does everyone drive?? (1 Viewer)

Pace_T

HSC
alexxxz said:
your kidding right. my car is my idol, i'd take it over anything. i just think its a bit silly to spend $50+ on a first car.
yeah $50 does seem like a large amount of money to be spending on your first car................................
why is it silly to spend $50k on a first car for young drivers? are they not old enough to fully appreciate the quality of the car? if they can easily afford it, and would appreciate it, then why are they being silly?

alexxxz

HSC
its my opinion and i'm sure many others on this forum would agree with me. lack of experience on the road is the main reasons accidents occur, especially in young males 17-25. even 20k for a first car imo is expensive for a first car.

i have always said to mates when pickin their first cars go for somethin cheap first, then after a year or so upgrade, cars are only going to get cheaper whats to lose???

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I reckon it's pretty important to drive a shitty car before you drive a good one- it helps you appreciate the drive of the good car a lot more.

*thinks of dreaded terios* Still have to rock up to your place to let you try it Ciel~

Shintzu

free photo anyone?
HSC
mr_brightside said:
rich bastard! :p

I was reading the NRMA Open Road this arvo....and it had the prices for the IS250's

IS250 (manual) - $53,890
IS250 Sports (manual) - $67,400
IS250 Sports Luxury (auto) - $78, 500

Anyone else think that the 78 grand model is pushing it??

Shintzu- Why not have a look at some of the Audi A4's and BMW 3 series?
actually i have thought of the BMW 3 series... except with 50k u can only get the 310i with the MOST basic options.... which is not pretty.... not even with LEATHER SEATS :confused: ...... i know it is a pleasure to drive and ive heard that it is much more responsive than the IS (with all the electronic add-ons) but i guess it is kind of a two world thing where u cant really compare... at this price range the 3 series offers a more driver involved driving experience while IS is offering power and luxury...

but then again, as i have said i had 50ishk to spend on my car and the 54k does not include dealer delivery and gov charges so it might even end up being in the low $60k range... stupid aust. gov taxes... (why cant cars be cheaper like in HK or US lol....) so i have been thinking of moving on to the integra type S instead... since it's $42k and comes with everything (options; does not include gov charges etc.) any1 has any suggestions or comments on the type S?

Shintzu

free photo anyone?
HSC
alexxxz said:
its my opinion and i'm sure many others on this forum would agree with me. lack of experience on the road is the main reasons accidents occur, especially in young males 17-25. even 20k for a first car imo is expensive for a first car.

i have always said to mates when pickin their first cars go for somethin cheap first, then after a year or so upgrade, cars are only going to get cheaper whats to lose???
mmmm well a year or so does it require driving alone?? because i have been on Ls for more than a year and is driving my fam car (camry) very often. it's not i dont have the skills or hours to get p's yet but it's only because my parents dont want me to go driving around and staying over people's place late before my hsc. that's the only reason why im still on L's... so they know when im actually driving.

however i do agree that i should be getting a cheap car to practice, but considering i would want to upgrade my car very very soon (half a year with the cheap car) i dont want to go through the hassle in selling the old box. and plus im a safe driver (well i try my best to be) (never speeds lol always stays at at least 5km/h under speed limit and i tend to assume the worse in most situations eg. would be ready to evade every car that is backing out of the driveway). so yeaaaaaa ahhaah =P

Last edited:
HSC
Shintzu said:
any1 has any suggestions or comments on the type S?
manual or auto?
ive driven both the type S and the luxury (luxury being the base model) and i can tell you that although they both have the same engine size, the type S is 10X more fun and thrilling to drive.
it kinda hard to explain if you havent driven a wide range of cars...but yeah, its phun :).

oh. this is for manual, havent driven the auto. but i can probably guarantee that the auto wont be as good.

CieL

HSC
BeastHouse said:
I'm 18 biatch. Got in before cut off last March.

Kudos Schoolies_2004. Car is actually my fathers, but after his term with it is up, it becomes mine at a low cost.
Chill, was only joking.
But thinking about it.. you're really old for your grade, no?

seremify007 said:
I reckon it's pretty important to drive a shitty car before you drive a good one- it helps you appreciate the drive of the good car a lot more.
Yeahhh but you're not treating your new car right ><

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Same age as me Ciel :p

The Integra Type S... how'd they manage to use same engine and get so much more power without s/c or t/c? I'm guessing it doesn't have either or it would be on the ban list.

And... I'm driving ultra careful now after that minor scratch :p ... but driving the Terios taught me well- how to drive very careful (when you can't accelerate- you haven't got much choice but to be defensive), and then sometimes accelerating (putting foot down) a second before you actually need the acceleration, countersteering/correcting all the time, etc... man that was a shocker of a car to drive.

Don't forget when you go to uni- you probably won't wanna drive your nice car there. Heck I still don't wanna drive my Civic there (bound to be some dickhead kids simply opening/shutting doors)... I plan to sell my Civic after I finish uni though. Not to impose anything upon you but maybe you might want to consider something like that- buying a normal car now, and then after uni, change?

Shintzu

free photo anyone?
HSC
about the Type S it's N/A... afterall it's the world's fastest N/A FF for all that i know of...

yea... i plan to sell my integra after uni i think or i might keep it depending on the love that i had built on it ahahha but is uni that bad?

EDIT: oh btw about the engine... i think luxury has 114kw only because it was planned to be an "economy" car whereas the type S was built to it's full potential (not full but well towards since type R is max)

oh and the fuel consumption for the 'luxury' model is even less than the base model civic =O

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Type S uses PULP, Luxury uses ULP!... but I believe Civic has better fuel consumption figures;

Honda said:
Fuel consumption (combined) in the Integra Luxury is 7.6 litres per 100km manual and 8.1 for the auto. The Integra Luxury runs on standard unleaded petrol. * For the Type S, fuel consumption (combined) is 9.4 litres per 100km and uses premium unleaded – PULP*.
* The fuel consumption figures quoted are based on ADR81/01 test results. You may experience different results depending on driving conditions and the condition of the vehicle.
URL: http://www.honda.com.au/wps/wcm/con.../Engineering/Integra+-+Features+-+Engineering

In comparison, my Civic VTi-L 5AT (automatic) Petrol uses 7.2L/100km combined according to the yellow/black/white sticker which came with the car.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
i think Type S was for Australia, and that Honda decided not to bring Type R here. they've been doing that alot and it's annoying. i always wondered why they didn't give us the best performing ones that other countries get like for Subaru i think.

HSC
type S replaced the type R, everything performance wise remains the same, except the type S incorporated 'luxury' in a sports car.

in fact, the type S has a bit more power than the type R. 7 whole kWs!

transcendent

HSC
N/A
i'm not too sure, i've been reading car mags, and i THINK Type S is inferior because Aus doesn't get the Type R. you have to check if they have Type Rs overseas cause if they do it means that the Type is is usually an Aus only detuned version or one with less power. this is just a guess though because other imports do this also.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
ToO LaZy ^* said:
type S replaced the type R, everything performance wise remains the same, except the type S incorporated 'luxury' in a sports car.

in fact, the type S has a bit more power than the type R. 7 whole kWs!
what? you mean over the previous sharp BA Falcon eyed one? that's cause it was heavy and slow in comparison. i have a MOTOR mag that compared and the DC20 double round eyes one is the fastest Type R Integra then the current Type S then the previous Type R last. i think the Type S is still much heavier than the original Type which is why it needs the extra kws to make up for it.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
transcendent said:
i think Type S was for Australia, and that Honda decided not to bring Type R here. they've been doing that alot and it's annoying. i always wondered why they didn't give us the best performing ones that other countries get like for Subaru i think.
Maybe car companies realise that you can't drive faster than 110 km/h in Aus so what's the point.

If only we had autobahns like in Germany...

transcendent

HSC
N/A
that hasn't stopped Holden from release Commodores with bigger and bigger engine outputs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)