What car will you get as your first car? (1 Viewer)

hvf26

Awesome Member
HSC
Haha my mortal enemy on the roads... haven't seen so many lately though. They used to be really popular.
+1, i hate the bogans that drive em around like theyre sikkunts..==
but that car has plenty of power for such a small thing
same with the GTi R, that thing laps about a second slower than the 32 GTR on tsubuka! :eek:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm thinking maybe the cruze, or honda accord euro, next yr.
Two very different cars there- Accord Euro is probably a much better drivers car but if you aren't that into driving, then the Cruze offers a lot of benefits (new car smell & warranty)

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Two very different cars there- Accord Euro is probably a much better drivers car but if you aren't that into driving, then the Cruze offers a lot of benefits (new car smell & warranty)
Hmm, I guess Honda wins hands down then.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
i almost got a honda accord as my first car instead of the VW
i wish i had got it :(
but it didnt have a compliance plate so.. probably better that i didnt?

SSRabbitohs2009

28:06:42:12
HSC
I have my eyes set on my parents black RAV4 which they hardly ever use, but I have a feeling so does my stepsister, so I'm chronically saving to get it before her...

appletoa

HSC
We counting only registered cars here? If not, my first car is a 1967 SIIA Landrover, and my second is a 1957 SI Landrover. Haven't gotten anything yet that the RTA would consider roadworthy though :mad1:. Keeping an eye out for cheap old BMWs or something (seeing as two of my criteria for cars are rear wheel drive and manual).

appletoa

HSC
^el-ef falcon
Yeah, that'd work fine, but I just like the idea of BMW, or some other more prestigious brand :p. I know a Ford would do driving around as well as anything else (and be cheaper to get parts for etc), but they just seem so common...

Zelta-W

HSC
N/A
mazda rx8!

second hand but, saving the money for all the body kits, lambo doors, speakers etc
:D

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
mazda rx8!

second hand but, saving the money for all the body kits, lambo doors, speakers etc
:D
*shudder* Make sure you do it right. Got a mate with a showcar RX8 (airbag drops) and it looks great but for every one which looks good, hundreds turn out shate.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
It's very doable but you lose alot of practicality and structural integrity. Also looks crap on a street car.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Wouldn't your car be unstable with custom scissor doors. I like to reliterate that supercars only deserve this.

playful

HSC
I for one fucking love cars, and whilst my priority is to do well in year 12 (as I bludged in year 11) I also work a managable 12-15 hours a week and am saving for a Holden Commodore of some kind, either a VY S, or a modified VY executive... maybe a VZ Sv6 or a tastfully modified VR/VS, any of them would be sick!

Commodore's are actually hard to find in manual unfortunately, and I love manuals over auto's. From the few occasions I have driven my mate's VZ SV6 I can tell you they go really hard, and have lots of boot space, cheap insurance and spare parts which makes it desirable for me

I get my red p's January 30th 2012 assuming I pass first go, so keen!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Good luck passing first go but you don't need a high powered car for your first car- it's so much better to work your way up with power and 'grow' into it. It'll also make you a better driver if you can make do with less power and have to develop good habits/skills.

(and petrol will probably be cheaper)

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
What's a good first car, small to medium size, budget (idk) 10-20k?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)