What car do you drive? (the new one) (1 Viewer)

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
C250 CDI. I went for the 4 door for practicality and I'm not a fan of 2 door 4 seater cars. I still remember when my cousins picked me up from the airport in a 645Ci and it was raining. They are big guys so I had to sit in the back and fitting the luggage was bad enough (I also wish they didn't install additional bracing/struts in the car), but climbing into the car after pushing seat forward in the heavy downpour was a real pain. If anyone's curious, it was at Singapore airport where the pick up area is not covered.

And now another one of my pals has bought a new C63 (well his parents did) as he got his fulls today. Very jelly but I guess it'll be a good many years before I spend big on a car I've decided. Time to start thinking of buying an apartment to live in.
Bowman St.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Forgot to upload a photo of my rental car in the US

It's a Nissan Altima 2.5. Stablity control kicks in an awful lot on the snow! Probably saved my bacon.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Got another photo off Tenchi... makes the car look so amazing. Also a bit clearer than my previous photos :)

Last edited:

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
How do the drivers in New York compare to Sydney?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
How do the drivers in New York compare to Sydney?
I wouldn't want to drive here (the rental car was interstate). Pedestrians have right of way (I mean a "real" right of way) so everyone gives way but it also peeves every driver off since most intersections don't have arrows- i.e. just green/yellow/red. Cars squeeze past each other in an almost Malaysian style, and it's very rough. There's also red light cameras. Oh, and there are lots of much nicer cars where I live here so I wouldn't want to hit any- I'd say on any given street expect to see at least a few S Class (no old models either- just current), a few Panameras, E Class everywhere and 7 series. I've also spotted a few Rolls along the way.

Given that I drive both in Malaysia and Australia, and I've even driven in Minnesota this trip since I had a client out there, I would find it really uncomfortable to drive in NYC I think. It's also really weird driving on LHD when you aren't used to lining your car up- I think I even scared the gf.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
I wouldn't want to drive here (the rental car was interstate). Pedestrians have right of way (I mean a "real" right of way) so everyone gives way but it also peeves every driver off since most intersections don't have arrows- i.e. just green/yellow/red. Cars squeeze past each other in an almost Malaysian style, and it's very rough. There's also red light cameras. Oh, and there are lots of much nicer cars where I live here so I wouldn't want to hit any- I'd say on any given street expect to see at least a few S Class (no old models either- just current), a few Panameras, E Class everywhere and 7 series. I've also spotted a few Rolls along the way.

Given that I drive both in Malaysia and Australia, and I've even driven in Minnesota this trip since I had a client out there, I would find it really uncomfortable to drive in NYC I think. It's also really weird driving on LHD when you aren't used to lining your car up- I think I even scared the gf.
wowowow the GF got to go too?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
wowowow the GF got to go too?
She paid for herself to route her flights via NY- the marginal cost wasn't much because she's on exchange to Europe this semester (hence why I thought may as well go on secondment). It was good fun having her here since my apartment is pretty big but then when I had to fly interstate for a client, I used my frequent flyer points to pay for her ticket :)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I can't believe how gutless the new beast is. Surely 98kW should mean something. I guess a 4 speed automatic doesn't help lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
Corollas are heavy, that's the problem.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
^ I've actually never driven one before. I just remember the marketing was very clever as they took a bigger engined Camry and with a bit more kit they made it sound like a totally different car to appeal to a different market.

Corollas are heavy, that's the problem.
What I find funny is that I used to associate low power engines with Honda NA engines which can rev and have a bit of fun... not so in the Corolla :( I put my foot down nothing happens, so I lift off a little and put down hard to get the kick down (what? to 2nd? lol) and still nothing happens. :(

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
What I find funny is that I used to associate low power engines with Honda NA engines which can rev and have a bit of fun... not so in the Corolla :( I put my foot down nothing happens, so I lift off a little and put down hard to get the kick down (what? to 2nd? lol) and still nothing happens. :(
We have an older 'Rolla at home, all that happens when you put your foot down is that you get more noise, there isn't any change in the acceleration ;)

mirakon

nigga
HSC
^ I've actually never driven one before. I just remember the marketing was very clever as they took a bigger engined Camry and with a bit more kit they made it sound like a totally different car to appeal to a different market.

Yeah an aurion is pretty much an "alpha camry"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)