What car do you drive? (the new one) (1 Viewer)

Wight

ಠ_ಠ
HSC
i duno anjube i just thought wouldnt you rather save up ur money and mod a possibly newer car
Bahaha not anjube?...his friend but trololol.

And man, can't stand driving new cars. Newest I will go would probably be a 1990's silvia, 180sx, 200sx...
But yeah, im an old car kinda guy (77' celicas, Z31 300zx's etc) =D

Wight

ಠ_ಠ
HSC
It's all integrated into the dash as a single unit with the climate control - no can do :(
If you don't mind modding your car slightly...you could have a quick look at this or this. Or you could use an FM Transmitter and stick it in the glovebox (I had one somewhere...wonder where it went)

skyhawkmatthew

Your Captain
HSC
Yeah, I've got an FM transmitter I use with my iPhone - but the audio quality through FM vs CD is such that I burn discs of albums I listen to a lot! I'd seen those mods - but so much effort for what ends up being a kludge anyway.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Bahaha not anjube?...his friend but trololol.

And man, can't stand driving new cars. Newest I will go would probably be a 1990's silvia, 180sx, 200sx...
But yeah, im an old car kinda guy (77' celicas, Z31 300zx's etc) =D
Fair call. I quite like the Z32 300ZX a lot (posted about it on BoS yonks ago) which is one more generation- it was the last of the Fairladys which weren't just prettied up to attract cashed up mainstream.

If you don't mind modding your car slightly...you could have a quick look at this or this. Or you could use an FM Transmitter and stick it in the glovebox (I had one somewhere...wonder where it went)
Dang that does make it sound difficult that there's no external CD changer/AUX in slot. On my 06 Civic I was able to use the CD changer with an iPod kit to get awesome quality sound.

HaplessPossum

HSC
I drive a Volkswagen Golf 118tsi and a Volvo XC60. Both have reverse parking sensors because I can't reverse park!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
My Benz is the first car I've had with parking sensors and wow it makes life so much easier. I feel so lazy now though.

Oh, and here's a photo I took today.

Wight

ಠ_ಠ
HSC
Parking sensors :S...
Geez, I don't even have aircon and airbags.

I have programmed fuel injection...and power windows (and the headunit I installed the other day). That's about as technologically advanced my car gets xD.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
I really like that photo, looks sick in that lighting.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
LOL it's not my garage- I had to drop my Mum off for lunch at Thornleigh and saw an ideal spot to take photos with lighting which only covered half the car. With a bit of luck I parked my car directly below it so the lighting hit the natural seam in the bonnet (i.e. the centre line) and then took a photo on the iPhone4. My gf edited it a bit to remove the background (there was only one car in the distance) and make it a bit darker and boom, it came out looking awesome.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks. I've been getting a lot of thumbs up (and random people touching my car based on the number of fingerprints) lately :)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
One of my mates took out a personal loan to buy a C63. As tempting as it may be, I think I might hold off. Don't think I could justify spending $20k in interest each year on top of insurance and petrol.

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
what model is your c-class? judging by previous photos, i presume a c200 or c250? also, why not the coupe?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
what model is your c-class? judging by previous photos, i presume a c200 or c250? also, why not the coupe?
C250 CDI. I went for the 4 door for practicality and I'm not a fan of 2 door 4 seater cars. I still remember when my cousins picked me up from the airport in a 645Ci and it was raining. They are big guys so I had to sit in the back and fitting the luggage was bad enough (I also wish they didn't install additional bracing/struts in the car), but climbing into the car after pushing seat forward in the heavy downpour was a real pain. If anyone's curious, it was at Singapore airport where the pick up area is not covered.

And now another one of my pals has bought a new C63 (well his parents did) as he got his fulls today. Very jelly but I guess it'll be a good many years before I spend big on a car I've decided. Time to start thinking of buying an apartment to live in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)