What are my chances of getting 95+ (1 Viewer)

willscobie

HSC
Hey everyone, so I go to a regional public school ranked around 400th in the state, I have an ultimate aim of 96 but I just want to know how achievable this is? I know I obviously need to improve my Advanced English results, I can hopefully average 85% and rank 4/21
Here are my subjects:
Mathematics Extension 1: 92% 1/6
Mathematics Extension 2: 67% 1/2
Advanced English: 73% 8/21
Legal Studies: 90% 2/11
Society and Culture: 99% 2/18
Economics (distance education): 80% 2/10

aero2146

HSC
It's really hard to say because you go to a public school, but you need to think about pushing your English ranks up if you want to get your desired ATAR.

mysterymarkplz

HSC
N/A
Dont focus on a set atar, focus on doing your best and the atar will come to you. fuck so deep

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Consider what the dux of your school has been getting in the past 6 years, and average the ATAR-it might give you a good indication of what you need to rank to get 95+, or you can always ask your teacher how many people on average from your school get 95+ ATAR each year, remember, it is really hard to say whether you will get a certain ATAR because your external performance in the HSC is equally important, and unless your school marks at HSC standards, it is hard to compare the reliability of your internal results and translate them to HSC results. Best wishes-just work hard and stay focused:) Good work so far:)

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC
It's really hard to say because you go to a public school, but you need to think about pushing your English ranks up if you want to get your desired ATAR.
Not sure if saying in general or just because of his school rank.

year11studentz

HSC
Hey guys I'm in a similar boat just got my SOR 2 mark today and it was not good..., i understand the idea of an un-even playing field when it comes to internal marks as an indicator for external. But i just wanted to know if these marks + that off result would greatly impact my mark of 91???? Also are my subject alright in the sense that getting an 80 in SOR for example will scale down? cause I know 80 in business would scale down =P

Maths 2U - 96% 1/15
English ADV - 92% =3/39
Ancient History- 92% =2/62
SOR 2 - 80% 9/21
Business Studies -85% =2/60
History Xtension - 4/5 for proposal

lolitaaa

HSC
ya I think its possible. I know someone who got 99.95 from a really low ranked school so there's no reason why you can't.

willscobie

HSC
Thanks everyone for the support! I definitely realise that I need to focus more on Advanced English, but it definitely is reassuring to know that previous students from my school have gotten 97+

enoilgam

HSC
willscobie: It's difficult to say given the low school ranking and small class sizes. I'd say you're maybe looking at about 85 - 92 at the moment, however, anything is possible and 95+ certainly isnt off the cards. As strawberrye said, look at how people did in previous years from your school.

year11studentz: What is your school rank?

year11studentz

HSC
unfortunately we don't get our school rank as a whole, we only get our individual ranks for subjects (there on the side of my subjects in my previous post =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)