What a great paper! (1 Viewer)

abbott75

HSC
I just wanna say a massive thank you to the BOS, I couldn't have asked for a better paper!

What did everyone else think?

RHINO7

HSC
Personalities was two pretty pathetic questions.
Nationalities (Germany) was easy, sort of.
International Studies in Peace and conflict was quite difficult. I didn't have many quotes to use for the question.

Overall- average questions and average answers.

abbott75

HSC
Section 1 - I needed a new book for both answers
Section 2 - I wrote 7 pages
Section 3 - 2 and 2.5 pages
Section 4 - 3 pages :( (The time period really threw me)

RHINO7

HSC
Section I= I just used the given lines
Section II= 8 pages
Section III= 4 pages, 4 pages
Section IV= 8 pages.

shauncrowe

HSC
The Indochina question was absolutely fucked. argh

I wrote about 14 pages for personality, 11 for Germany, and 8 for Indochina.

For the BOS to not put one question in about the actual American war, is shattering.

abbott75

HSC
shauncrowe said:
For the BOS to not put one question in about the actual American war, is shattering.
I'd have to agree with you there...

trentles

HSC
do you abosultely NEED quotes in your essay..

whats the highest mark u can get without quotes..

because the onlything i have in my germany essay is "donating the child to the Fuhrer" but i havce EVERY SINGLE piece of content possible to tht question..

can i still get a mark in the 20s...no quotes...only a slogan

arae

travels
HSC
Q2 - 2.5 pages
Q3 - 5 pages (had spare time lol)
Germany - 6 pages (did foreign policy q, had predicted it so quite good)
Speer - a) strange question... 5 pages b) pretty ok, pages, circumstances/events shaped him to become the immoral man who could shape events. 6 pages
Indochina - Pol Pot q. Interesting, did ok I think. 9 pages

I was trying to think of a word to describe the initial successes of Ludendorff Offensive, Phyric was the word I was looking for but I only just remembered it...

How was everyone's historiography? Was pretty good for Germany since I do Appeasement for Extension, had some good stuff for Ludendorff (mainly on other reasons for collapse of army). Weak on Indochina unfortunately.

ashleypage

HSC
Marchimmelberg said:
mmm my school teachers us masses of histoigography for band 6 resultzz so i just filled everything with histoiography bu my content is pretty average... so i did the lines for core and i did 8 for germany national, 10 and 5 for personality and 8 for conflict... i was cut that there was no appeasement or pre war tensions question cuz i had about 595490549 historians views on it.. i just want my 80% haha
You did 10 pages for the first part of your personality thing!?
Am I reading that wrong?

trentles

HSC
my historiography for speer is great

i said it was the nuremburg trials tht has allowed historians interpretations to change his leghacy...focused on 10 historians

abbott75

HSC
Marchimmelberg said:
mmm my school teachers us masses of histoigography for band 6 resultzz so i just filled everything with histoiography bu my content is pretty average... so i did the lines for core and i did 8 for germany national, 10 and 5 for personality and 8 for conflict... i was cut that there was no appeasement or pre war tensions question cuz i had about 595490549 historians views on it.. i just want my 80% haha
You know the first part of the personality section was only worth 10 marks, right?

-pari-

HSC
N/A
section 1: aced it
Germany: goodish. minimum 20/25
Albert Speer: still decent. 20/25?
Euro Conflict: flunked. 18/25

great, so any chance of me getting above 90, raw? oh wow, looks like *none*

roryamon

HSC
N/A
trentles said:
do you abosultely NEED quotes in your essay..

whats the highest mark u can get without quotes..

because the onlything i have in my germany essay is "donating the child to the Fuhrer" but i havce EVERY SINGLE piece of content possible to tht question..

can i still get a mark in the 20s...no quotes...only a slogan
Hey. Board of Studies, Modern History regulations state that of your proof/evidence/content within your essay 25%-40% must be quotes. If you do not the highest mark possible is 19/25.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
morganforrest said:
Yeah that was a really good paper...I predicted it quite well, very good paper
The Germany questions were highly predictable, out teacher at the beginning of the year told us it was probably going to be foreign policy, so thats what i studied, i also studied the period of 'relative calm' and the whole culture thing for the Weimar republic. I predicted that today's questions would be around political ideology, hyperinflation, depression era and foreign policy.

TheGlenn

HSC
Hey. Board of Studies, Modern History regulations state that of your proof/evidence/content within your essay 25%-40% must be quotes. If you do not the highest mark possible is 19/25.
Can you quote that ? LOL

My teacher marks the HSC and she said that quotes generally don't make too much difference. By that I mean historians mainly.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
sorry but dude/grl who said you can't get more than 19/25...

quotes are not the only form of evidence.
events, statistics, things that happened, things that people said, all count as evidence.

so no you do NOT need quotes to get into top band, although it helps.

mc88

HSC
HSC markers in the Modern History forum have said it's not THAT important, and that nowhere in the Modern History syllabus does it say you need to back up your answer with historical sources like that (which it does in the Ancient History one).

Where did you get this from?

bnmkko

HSC
i thought it was a rubbish test with the worst questions for germany and war in the pacific. Personality question was alright but even so my trial was way easier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)